ND Filters Advice
1023 8 2016-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
7I58rzmaElNK
lvl.1

Ireland

I plan to purchase a Phantom 4 in the next while and I was wondering which of the ND filters people have found the most useful ?
2016-9-8
Use props
dgriffnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

I initially got the CP, ND4 & ND8...they're OK, but the ND8 struggled with the bright winter days we have. I have since got the ND16, ND32, & ND64 Cinema Shutter set, knowing that our even brighter summer is on its way. So far I've been very happy with the ND16's results. All my filters are Polar Pro. Get in touch with Polar Pro's Jeff directly...he'll look after you. IMO, Polar Pro's customer service is second to none! And Jeff usuallly slips in a freebee or two...
I believe I've now got the "full set". Possilby others may disagree and talk up the polarizers, let's see.
2016-9-9
Use props
HobbyMounts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206539 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CP or Circular Polariser Filters are great for still images, especially over water or snow where there will be alot of glare or reflection.

ND or Neutral Density Filters are great for video and enable you to lower your shutter speed and can remove prop shadows/rolling shutter.  You can also use them for open exposure stills.
2016-9-9
Use props
CiaranMcGrenera
lvl.1

Ireland

dgriffnz Posted at 2016-9-9 11:42
I initially got the CP, ND4 & ND8...they're OK, but the ND8 struggled with the bright winter days we ...

Thats helpful- except- who's Jeff?
2016-9-12
Use props
MAD35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

I mostly use the ND16 and find that a good all round filter, even in bright light.

2016-9-12
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

CiaranMcGrenera Posted at 2016-9-12 20:13

Jeff is the Chief Amazing Office at PolarPro and the one that can give away freebies when you order directly from them

If you want to know a bit more about the difference in Polrapro filters you can go to their website or we have this article you can check.

If you're interested in some of the other manufacturers as well, we take a look at the major players in another article.
2016-9-13
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

CiaranMcGrenera Posted at 2016-9-12 11:13

Thats me!

Our most popular filters are the Cinema Series Vivid Collection:
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... es-vivid-collection

I personally shoot the ND8/PL or the ND16/PL close to 95% of the time. I use the ND8/PL on partly cloudy days and ND16/PL on sunny days to get the shutter speed in the sweet spot. This is a good set to start with, then you can add more filters as you see fit.

Let me know if you have any questions, if you order shoot me your order number and I will add in a free case and P4 Lens cover/lock for you! Jeff.Overall@polarprofilters.com

-Jeff
2016-9-15
Use props
CiaranMcGrenera
lvl.1

Ireland

PolarPro Posted at 2016-9-15 22:06
Thats me!

Our most popular filters are the Cinema Series Vivid Collection:

Hi Jeff! thanks! I'll actually be buying my Phantom 4 in mid December probably, so I'll get in touch then if thats OK?
2016-9-18
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>

CiaranMcGrenera Posted at 2016-9-19 04:09
Hi Jeff! thanks! I'll actually be buying my Phantom 4 in mid December probably, so I'll get in tou ...

Absolutely! Feel free to reach out any time!

-Jeff
2016-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules