How to get m600 certified for commerical use
1207 2 2016-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iantansey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

Can someone please explain more about how to get the m600 drone certified for commerical use.

Is this a requirement in certain countries like the uk.

Why do you need it and if you have it what are the advantages of having it.

Cheers
2016-9-9
Use props
johnbarr00
lvl.2
United States

Not sure how it pertains to UK, but in the USA the certification applies to the pilot, not the drone. I am a FAA Part 107 Licensed/Certified pilot, which allows me to fly for commercial use within the states.
2016-9-9
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

There is no legal requirement to have CAA certification in the Uk. The only time the CAA can use its powers in the UK is when you fly in a restricted zone, i.e., airport military base, nuclear facility, ect,ect.
The certification is for the pilot and the CAA say if you fly for commercial gain you should have the certification, as yet it is not a legal requirement if you read the CAA document regarding this.
You need to have permission to film the persons property or they can bring a civil case against you but the airspace above all non restricted airspace is not the property of the land owner as passed by a legal case in 1986 or we would be getting payments from any plane that fly's over. We don't own above or below the property in the UK however it is an infringement to film without permission. There were some law changes in 2012 to do with safety around people and privacy laws but as long as you fly responsibly with permissions the CAA certification is just assurance for the person hiring you that you have certain standards when it comes to flying a craft with the everyday hazards you could face. In the UK there is just over 1700 people with CAA paperwork which seems to cost approximately  £2000 to obtain depending where you seek training, mine was £1800. Potential clients might require you to have liability insurance for at least £5,000,000 or more and this protects you as well, but you are not obliged to have certification as yet but given the amount of people terrified by being snooped on I suspect things might change similar to the US. Their has only been a few legal convictions in the Uk for flying a drone recklessly over a stadium full of people and this chap has a lifetime ban form flying or owning a drone plus I think it was a £10,000 fine.
Bottom line is clients from the commercial world like to get covered because they know the ramifications of being sued so you might be forced to get the paperwork in order to win the work however be mindful paperwork or not accidents happen even to the most experienced pilots so the real skill is how and what to do when it happens and this is where enlightenment from training can save your bacon and your craft, up is a safer place than heading out of control when you panic and you will..
Heres my disclaimer: please read up and do your own research legislation can and will change.
Sorry if that sounds like a rant....
r
2016-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules