Measuring device for magnetic interference
762 5 2016-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joachimb
lvl.3

Australia

hi, reading all the stuff on potential or occurred mishaps. Are there any simple affordable devices that can give you some idea that you might be standing above a magnetic black hole. If a normal compass works, should the P4 compass also work?
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

In the sensors tab of the Advanced M/C settings you can see the compass values. The lower the number and green line the less interference.
2016-9-9
Use props
joachimb
lvl.3

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-10 06:15
In the sensors tab of the Advanced M/C settings you can see the compass values. The lower the number ...

Thanks,that's definitely a quick useful check that I have not carried out before flight.
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

joachimb Posted at 2016-9-10 07:48
Thanks,that's definitely a quick useful check that I have not carried out before flight.

The GO app is full of features, it does take some time to learn everything in it.
2016-9-9
Use props
radiomike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82438 ft
United States

I also tried several apps and found one that works. Tested it at power transformer station near a park. Also amazed at how much it reacted to my truck. I have an android phone I use it on. Keep minimum apps on iPad.
2016-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

radiomike Posted at 2016-9-10 12:36
I also tried several apps and found one that works. Tested it at power transformer station near a pa ...

The trouble with those apps is that they use the compass that is built into the phone, and the aircraft may not react in the same way. Ken's method uses the compass in the aircraft, which is far more relevant.

2016-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules