o(^-^)o
Morfeus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4173091 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hallo DJI...
I need help for my Z-Axis.
I am a real estate agent and I bought Osmo to play video for my job.
I though Z-Axis was simply to use. I'm trying to better use it with my osmo to record perfect stabilized video but permain "cangaroo's effect".
I tried to record with "ninja walking" and with other tricks but the result is better with Z-Axis off, expecially in little ambients.

I'm asking why... I thought was very simple to use it... Could you give me some helps and tips? Is there any tutorial to learn to have the same results you show in your videos?
Thanks
Antonio
2016-9-10
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

That's something I'd like to know as well.

I've seen some good examples, but I've yet to achieve anything as good.
2016-9-10
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Think it's for more action type shots where a little bounce is hidden by fast movement. Best off practicing with just the osmo to get those house walkthrough shots.

I also bought a small dolly, along the extension rod you can get those perfect shots on a smooth surface.

If your ninja is strong your video will be smooth

Post up some example videos
2016-9-10
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

The Z-axis performance is related to the adjustment screw. Requires some trial and error. But once "tuned" works well. I used to use a multi-thousandf dollar vest/stabilization system with my pro cam and am quite pleased with the z-axis on the Osmo. Especially good for going up and down flights of stairs/steps, etc. Keep in mind, of course, that it is only helping smooth out up/down movement and cannot completely eliminate it. But significantly better using it than without and quite close to my pro rig, especially for the money and for the ease of use.
2016-9-10
Use props
bonezshaker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 389199 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried with the Z axis in it's torch light configuration by pressing the button on the side to alter the angle of the arm? Also in my experience when walking quite slowly it's best to have the tension as high as possible without hitting the top bumper. I use my Z axis at 7 full rotations back from the maximum in torch mode (maximum is turned all the way towards the plus marker).
2016-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules