P3P Gimbal disconnected after crash and repair
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Khsalum83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862808 ft

Hard landing, camera broke off at gimbal yaw arm. No visible damage to camera, pitch & roll arms, or gimbal board.Replaced yaw arm, flex ribbon, and 6-strand cable with little difficulty.
When powered up no happy dance, Gimbal LED  flashing fast green, pause, red, rapid green.
Tried to format SD and got "camera is busy." GO app says Gimball disconnected.
Formatted SD card on Mac using exFAT format, downloaded last .bin, inserted to aircraft and powered up. No dance, no indication of firmware install, same LED patter. No txt file created on SD

Faulty 6-strand? hidden damage to gimbal board Help DJI, experts!!!

UPDATE: After a couple of attempts to repair it myself, I raised the white flag and sent it to dji's California repair facility. They sent me a ups label, I packed the whole rig in its original cardboard shell into a shipping box. 5 days later I got an estimate, authorized payment, and the package was on its way back to me the following week. All in $114, and they replaced other components not damaged but, according to other posts, tend to exhibit stress cracks over time. VERY SATISFIED with dji repair service!
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Khsalum, really sorry to hear about your crash, the gimbal part was damaged when crashing, it's not recommended to fix it by yourself. To ensure safety, it would be best to send it in to our service center for analysis and repair. You can get in touch with our tech support at support@dji.com
2016-9-11
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862808 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 11:26
Hello Khsalum, really sorry to hear about your crash, the gimbal part was damaged when crashing, it' ...

Super helpful, thanks! So, $100 in shipping & insurance, 6-8 weeks and "we found your problem. You need a new gimbal and camera. That'll be  $350 + $90 diagnostic fee."
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Khsalum83@hotma Posted at 2016-9-14 06:38
Super helpful, thanks! So, $100 in shipping & insurance, 6-8 weeks and "we found your problem. You ...

Hi Khsalum, since gimbal camera stopped working, it needs to be fixed by engineers. You could send it in firstly as the details in E-mail from our support.
2016-9-13
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Send it in to DJI for sure. They are the best ones to look at things and fix them. I've had my P3P repaired and it came back great.
2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules