1296 6 2016-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
antonyharvey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270981 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys

I just flew two quick flights this morning. I formatted both the micro SD and the SSD before take off. Both went well, however when I landed and looked at the footage the second flight didn't capture anything.

I had a bit of trouble getting the SSD to mount on my Mac and in Cinelight. But eventually when I mounted the SSD in cinelight the footage from the first flight is there, but all the footage from the second flight is missing. There is just one single file with a red dot next to it and no metadata. I have checked the micro SD card and all the footage from both flights appears on there.

Any idea what might have happened during the second flight?
2016-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello antonyharvey,it's probably the SSD didn't initial successfully before you recorded the video. And did you update the firmware to latest version?
2016-9-11
Use props
antonyharvey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy

Yes all the firmware is up to date, I formatted and recorded about 4 mins of footage on the SSD with no problems on the first flight.
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Antony, please try to fly it again to check it happens by chance or not.
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

antonyharvey Posted at 2016-9-13 16:08
Hi Mindy

Yes all the firmware is up to date, I formatted and recorded about 4 mins of footage on th ...

Just to make sure I'm visually on the same page, you did take the SSD out of the aircraft after the first flight, and reinserted it after uploading and reformatting the card. Is this correct thus far? If that is the case, are you certain that there wasn't a message in the camera view saying "No SSD"? To clarify, what resolution were you filming at and with at what codec?
2016-9-14
Use props
antonyharvey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had a busy week and live in central London so it's tricky to fly and haven't had a chance to take it out.

Jamie - no I didn't take out the SSD after the first flight, I just switched batteries
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

antonyharvey Posted at 2016-9-16 16:23
I had a busy week and live in central London so it's tricky to fly and haven't had a chance to take  ...

Whenever you have the chance to test would be appreciated. Just to clarify, do you recall seeing the No SSD error message at all in the Go app?
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules