Manfrotto, Polor Pro or Lowe Pro backpack?
1932 12 2016-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AWM2016
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am going away with my drone at the end of the year and need to buy a back pack. I'm swaying towards the Polor Pro but just can't decide. I am looking at the Manfrotto and Lowe Pro as well. I've pretty much discarded the Lowe Pro though as I want something which looks more like a regular backpack. So Polor Pro or Manfrotto...please help! I'm so bloody indecisive!
2016-9-11
Use props
bjens
New
Flight distance : 355387 ft
Norway

I'm using the Manfrotto BP-D1 myself. I think it's pretty great for my P3 Advanced. It's compartments keep the drone very safe and theres lots of utility areas where you can store small stuff or larger things (the top hood). The open carry interior hood which you can carry the drone fully assembled in also works great and has it's uses when you're moving from one flying spot to another quickly.

I will say though, the side pockets are pretty useless. I don't really know what they are intended to carry. The Polar Pro Trekker pack seems to have some stretchy mesh on the sides rather which is fine for carrying water bottles and such.. they should have gone with that instead if nothing else on the Manfrotto. Other than that though every part of it seems to work out as intended, and I've been using it on quite a few hiking trips. It also has a safer configuration when it has the engines pointing down rather than up while being carried imo. You could argue that this leaves the gimbal and camera exposed but, I think they are protected by the legs of the drone sticking up and pushing against the interior hood. And if you're also using a gimbal guard like I am then well, all should be good
2016-9-11
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

"please help! I'm so bloody indecisive!" How do you fly?
2016-9-11
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71778 ft
Russia

I use Dji hardshell backpack. Love it soo much
2016-9-11
Use props
aloganau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219081 ft
Australia

Like bjens I use the Manfrotto D1 Backpack, as it fits my PS3 Standard, few spare batteries, and my DSLR. I also find it quite comfortable to wear. My only dislike, is that it is too big for me to take it as carry-on when travelling via airline (by 10cm to high for Virgin Australia who I usually travel with).
2016-9-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Another vote for the DJI Hardshell Backpack, low price, works perfectly and is the right size for carry-on.
2016-9-11
Use props
AWM2016
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-9-11 23:50
"please help! I'm so bloody indecisive!" How do you fly?

I'm quite new to flying... here is my first edit... I'll let you judge

2016-9-12
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your video is beautiful! Great post production! Why did you upload a 720p resolution of this video? It deserves a much higher quality res than what you present to us! What I was referring to in your comment "please help! I'm so bloody indecisive!" is, you have to make your own decisions! In doing so, you're not able to put the blame on others when things go wrong, or, its not quite what you want. When you are flying, and something goes bad, and it will during one of your flights, you you need to make snap decision, you can't yell out..."please help! I'm so bloody indecisive!"
2016-9-12
Use props
AWM2016
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-9-12 13:37
Your video is beautiful! Great post production! Why did you upload a 720p resolution of this video?  ...

Thank you for the comments on the video, its great to get some positive feedback when it's relatively new to me!
I think you took my comment too literally!  I'm aware I have to make my own decisions, in life, backpacks and also flying a drone!  I was just looking for advice from others on which backpack to steer towards, I thought that was what forums were for?????
2016-9-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

AWM2016 Posted at 2016-9-12 22:58
Thank you for the comments on the video, its great to get some positive feedback when it's relativ ...

Manfrotto for me, I didn't like the square shaped ones available, this one has been well thought out and is more backpack shape. Someone said side pockets are no use?? A set of propellers fits in no problem
2016-9-12
Use props
bjens
New
Flight distance : 355387 ft
Norway

Buzzyone Posted at 2016-9-12 21:44
Manfrotto for me, I didn't like the square shaped ones available, this one has been well thought o ...

Yea they do, but I don't think it's a very good place to store em. The material on the pockets is too stiff to really get much use out of pockets as large as those running the entire lenght of the backpack. Thats my opinion anyway.

I use the Manfrotto backpack for hiking and storage in and out of cars etc, and I wouldn't put my propellers in the side pocket in those situations. The material and space in the pocket is just too stiff and limited and make the propellers get into too much of a risk of bending or cracking.
2016-9-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I like the style and hardshell design of the DJI branded backpack. I rYde a Can Am SpYder RS-S so if it's not bouncing around on my back.
We may be up and down woody, damp hiking trails or at a near lakeside beach, this case can be used anywhere. All terrain all season. Tough enough.
It only lacks in extra carrying space.  Unlike the DJI soft case, that has its extra pockets for other small cargo.

If you only want to carry the RC, smart device, three spare batteries & drone, the hardshell is a great choice.
Apparently, it fits in carry on luggage as well. ;-) so Fly United!!  Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-9-12
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

If you're talking about the Manfrotto D1 it gets another vote from me. I prefer it to the LowePro, at least to the Drone Guard 450. We haven't looked at the other LowePro models yet.

Unfortunately I can't say anything about the PolarPro backpack as I haven't seen that one.  
2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules