Active Track on the Osmo+
4568 12 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

Ok, so I want to buy an Osmo+ finally but I am wondering if DJI has any plans on incorporating the Active Track technology into the non-mobile OSMO?

Not sure why the lesser Osmo has it and not the +.

It still has the power of your phone to use the AT so I am confused.  Why (according to the YT stuff I've seen) not available?

There must be a reason.  It makes no sense to me.  If this has already been answered, please excuse.
2016-9-12
Use props
chadbello619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939117 ft
United States

Yes it has been answered numerous times here. The Osmo + will not be getting active track in the GO APP. Apparently there are other apps that will accomplish the same thing.
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The Osmo+ will need to transmit the video from your camera to your phone through wifi and be processed in the phone, thus it causes a delay for Osmo+.   But it won't for Osmo Mobile, because the video is shot and processed in the phone itself.

Osmo+ is not going to have Active Track feature because most phones are not powerful enough to offer a good experience. If you have iPhone 6 and above, you can try some 3rd party apps that allow you to active track.
2016-9-13
Use props
r1alvin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79495 ft

I would love to see active track functions implemented in the DJI Go App. Please make this happen DJI.  I would pay 20-30-40 dollars for said function and find that this function alone is just as important as any accessory. If the answer to this question is a definite NO, then a list of all 3rd party apps would be appreciated. I noticed that Vertical Studio ($19.99) might support this function, but they temporarily removed osmo support yesterday. What are the names of other working apps for Osmo? Thank You,,
2016-9-13
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-13 18:57
The Osmo+ will need to transmit the video from your camera to your phone through wifi and be process ...

Thanks but that's a seriously weak reason.

The majority of DJI users are using iPhone or high power Samsungs.  I would say it is safe to say that a strong majority have the power for Active Track that use the Osmo.

Why is it any different than the birds?  
Also, I read somewhere that a person was having trouble (on a YT video) keep balance using the iPhone 6 Plus.

Was this his problem or is it a problem as the iPhone 7 weight a much 188g.

That's pretty heavy.  Ugh.  Why can't I just get something with everyting I want in it.  Trust me DJI, their are a lot of pros waiting for you guys to come out with something more than the Osmo but with the same idea.  Help us eliminate dolly tracks and the like!  Reinventing stabeliazation will change everything soon.  Beat the others to market or you'll soon be competing with companies that you can't compete with.
2016-9-13
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

I cant use any 3rd party app... because is not compatible with the SDK
2016-10-1
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-13 18:57
The Osmo+ will need to transmit the video from your camera to your phone through wifi and be process ...

I would love to see the Active track on the OSMO+ but I see DJIs reasoning on why it wont work that well. At the rate that the OSMO+ can drop the wifi connection even if your phone was powerful enough to do the Active Tracking it would stop working every time the wifi connection dropped, which it does a fair bit.
2016-10-1
Use props
Iereh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387687 ft
Ukraine

You have not fixed this function yet?
2018 already
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Iereh Posted at 2018-7-5 12:54
You have not fixed this function yet?
2018 already

Hi, as of the moment, we have not received information in regards to this concern if we could possibly add the active track to the Osmo+, however, we will follow this concern to our R&D engineers.
2018-7-5
Use props
Iereh
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-5 13:06
Hi, as of the moment, we have not received information in regards to this concern if we could possibly add the active track to the Osmo+, however, we will follow this concern to our R&D engineers.

It's too bad to buy osmosis for this function ...
the store said that it is possible ...
when I want to return, to say that this is not the reason for the return ...
Thank you Bro !!!)
2018-7-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Iereh Posted at 2018-7-5 13:11
It's too bad to buy osmosis for this function ...
the store said that it is possible ...
when I want to return, to say that this is not the reason for the return ...

Sorry about that, please pay attention to our website for further updates.
2018-7-5
Use props
Iereh
lvl.1
Ukraine

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-5 13:31
Sorry about that, please pay attention to our website for further updates.

Give please the link,
Thank you!
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Iereh Posted at 2018-7-6 01:38
Give please the link,
Thank you!

Hi, our website is www.dji.com
2018-7-8
Use props