Part 107 question/help?
880 5 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karuna Khinhin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364278 ft

I just want to say 1st and formost that, you, the community have inspired me in such a BIG way. All of your videos from your DJIs are just Amazing! I had no idea that this world of drone cinematography even exsisted. With that being said Ive been studing part 107 using the material from the FAA and a company called DartDrones... My question is, has any body used Dartdrones to study and pass the FAA Part 107? Is their material close to what is on the test? I have passed both of DDRONES quizzes with 80-90% a few times. After passing I was going to take their one day commercial drone tranning  day long class. Is this something anyone can comment on too? Thank you guys/gals...

2016-9-12
Use props
dak162
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

I studied for a week. My study material included the Study Guide from the FAA which includes a reference section. I got familiar with not only the study guide, but also the documents referenced by the study guide. I passed first time and did not pay fro a class or online course.

UAS Study Guide

Again, I didn't rely completely on the study guide. I reviewed the references on the reference page also. Each one can be found online just by searching the title.

BTW, airspaces are important, as is being able to read an aeronautical chart.

Good luck!
2016-9-12
Use props
Karuna Khinhin
lvl.2

dak162 Posted at 2016-9-13 03:16
I studied for a week. My study material included the Study Guide from the FAA which includes a refer ...

Thank you! Ive studied a lot from DartDrones and the FAA study guide. I bet after the test I would have wished I saved my money...
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Karuna Khinhin Posted at 2016-9-13 04:15
Thank you! Ive studied a lot from DartDrones and the FAA study guide. I bet after the test I would ...

Everything you need to learn is online
2016-9-12
Use props
rickb33952
lvl.2
United States

Karuna Khinhin Posted at 2016-9-13 04:15
Thank you! Ive studied a lot from DartDrones and the FAA study guide. I bet after the test I would ...

Some of us find testing a stressful activity. By taking test prep courses or workshops or online courses we build our confidence. If that sounds like you, then it was worth the extra time and money.
I would recommend studying the reference material samples until you feel comfortable looking at and understanding every legend and key. Learn to read weather forecasts including deciphering dates and times.
Good luck!
R
2016-9-15
Use props
Karuna Khinhin
lvl.2

rickb33952 Posted at 2016-9-16 11:39
Some of us find testing a stressful activity. By taking test prep courses or workshops or online c ...

Thank you! I actually took the test today and passed. Now its time to actually learn to fly one...
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules