795 6 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gary C
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1710938 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the P4 for some time and have 2-P2's and 2-P3's. I've had to take a few weeks off due to travel (8 weeks), so I have flown none of them for that period. What's happening now is that I have upgraded the DJI app and the controller through the app. I've updated the plane through the DJI assistant. With all this done, the plane's link button is blinking red and my tablet is saying that a link cannot be established.

I've updated the P3's and all of them work, but why won't the P4 link up as well?

Many thanks for your help....
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Gary, would you please try this method: press C1+C2+Video Recoding Button at the same time, you will hear a sound, then please press the Gimbal Dial button,at last, press the Link button on the aircraft.
Besides, please make sure you upgrade remote, aircraft and APP successfully, please check "About" page on APP.
2016-9-12
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 21:27
Hello Gary, would you please try this method: press C1+C2+Video Recoding Button at the same time, yo ...

I have tried exactly what you recommended. The red link button on the plane only flashes orange now. On my tablet, I cannot check the app as it says NA. I can control the plane from the controller, but the app screen is black on my tablet. It works perfectly on my P3, just not on the P4.
2016-9-12
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

uninstall the app, then reinstall it, worked for me
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Gary C Posted at 2016-9-13 09:45
I have tried exactly what you recommended. The red link button on the plane only flashes orange no ...

Hi Gary, you could control the drone with remote, which means they are linked with each other properly. May I know what mobile device you are using? As Heebus said, please delete your APP and install it again, you could try to re-plug USB cable or change another one. If no improvement, please test it with another compatible mobile device.
2016-9-12
Use props
Gary C
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-13 10:48
Hi Gary, you could control the drone with remote, which means they are linked with each other prop ...

I will reinstall the app. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy with GPS and I've been using it for 2 years will all Phantom products.
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gary C Posted at 2016-9-14 00:45
I will reinstall the app. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy with GPS and I've been using it for 2 yea ...

Since the aircraft can be controlled with the RC then it is linked a verified by the Green LED on the RC.
It may be the latest app version and the processing power of your Samsung.
Also, when you plug the USB cable in do you hear a ding and see the charging icon on the device? If so then the USB cable is fine. Swipe down and if you see "USB for Charging" then change it to one of the other options and see if you can connect.

Hers'a list of the DJI recommended devices, please try one of those and then see if it connects.

iOS Version v2.9.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.9.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules