Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile - Mobile Phone Detection Sensor Defective
13791 47 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmyb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully you're within the seven day return for refund period from DJI which is woefully short (if bought direct from them). But then I guess it's fairly obvious why they keep it short, showing a lack of confidence in their own products.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MicTh Posted at 2016-11-9 01:11
I´m experiencing the same problem with the sensor. It fails with a lot of different surfaces not on ...

Hi, the Android DJI Go app can disable the sensor now.
2016-11-9
Use props
fansda1b5ebc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83307 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How in the android app can we disable the sensor??
not seeing that in the settings
2017-1-7
Use props
fansda1b5ebc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83307 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-9 00:15
Hi, the Android DJI Go app can disable the sensor now.

How I do not see that in settings?
2017-1-7
Use props
RadioRon66
New

Netherlands

Black Osmo, or Silver ??
2017-3-8
Use props
hCh9W7EuP5nk
New
Puerto Rico

I have experienced a similar issue with my Galaxy S7. The reason I decided to use the Galaxy instead of an iPhone was the storage capacity (I installed a 128GB Micro SD card in order to be able to record and save longer videos). But, every time I use the Osmo I have to take the cover off the phone in order for the device to detect it. This is a nuisance. And I have tried different cases with the same result. I guess I'll try the tape remedy.

Another issue is that after changing the storage settings in the DJI app (to save the videos in the SD card), I cannot see the recorded footage from within the app. Instead I have to exit the app and go the Android Gallery in order to watch the video. Another nuisance. Any remedy for this?
2017-5-5
Use props
gtbgonline
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129692 ft
United States

IM having the same issue with the Galaxy S8, no cover, but even with tape the osmo recognizes the phone once every 10 attempts.
2017-6-1
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOLVED: what worked for me was a piece of white gaff tape on the back of my phone. you can also turn off the phone detection in the DJI software.
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules