12Next >
13805 45 2016-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KWJC
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Hey everyone, I received my Osmo Mobile today, charged the battery, activated the unit, and was hoping to just start playing with it. Unfortunately the DJI Go app kept telling me to attach my phone even though it was already attached. I took the case off the phone and tried again without the case but with no luck, same message to attach my phone... so instead of my Sony Z5, I tried my old Nexus 5 phone with and without its case, both times also getting the same message about attaching my phone... frustrated by this point... Finally, the only way I could get the Osmo Mobile to work was to put electrical tape over the Mobile Phone Detection Sensor. Once I did that it worked fine and I was able to start playing with it. Hoping that DJI releases a firmware update that would allow us to turn that sensor off seeing as how it doesn't work 100% anyway, sounds like a better solution than covering it up with electrical tape.

So the reason I am posting this is for anyone else who runs into this issue and gets frustrated with their Mobile right out of the box, if you have this problem, a little bit of tape over the mobile phone detection sensor will make it work.

2016-9-12
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

I saw someone's video on YouTube that said he had to do the same thing with the black tape. Haven't had any trouble with my Note 7. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
2016-9-12
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Iam having the same issue, it works for a while and then I get the same message. I'll try the tape method later
2016-9-13
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Tried the black tape over the sensor and it's working now
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry, and I haven't heard of that yet. I do know some phone covers will make it not work and you are supposed to use it without a cover.
If you put your thumb over the sensor and power up it should stabilize. Can you try that to see if it works?
2016-9-13
Use props
KWJC
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-14 06:05
I'm sorry, and I haven't heard of that yet. I do know some phone covers will make it not work and yo ...

Hi Ken, I had two different phones on it without covers (Sony Xperia Z5 and Nexus 5), and then again with the covers, the sensor did not pick up that there was a cell phone attached at all in all 4 instances. I have to keep tape over the sensor or the Osmo Mobile simply does not get past the "attach your phone" error message.

I tried your suggestion of holding my finger over the sensor and I just get another message that says to "mount your phone on the gimbal" even though the phone is already mounted. Then when I remove my finger I get the message that my phone is not attached... In the end the tape just makes it work, I'll have to "stick" with the tape if I want to use this Osmo Mobile at all.

Thanks anyway.
2016-9-13
Use props
nariza7
New

United States

Similarly, I started using tape since it couldn't detect my phone either
2016-9-13
Use props
smoothbassman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344219 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting that this is happening. Wonder if it has anything to do with the reflectiveness of the phone bodies. Sad we have to resort to putting tape on a sensor.
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

KWJC Posted at 2016-9-14 07:48
Hi Ken, I had two different phones on it without covers (Sony Xperia Z5 and Nexus 5), and then aga ...

In your case I would contact support and see about getting it exchanged or wait to see if there's a firmware update to remedy it.
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

smoothbassman Posted at 2016-9-14 08:48
Interesting that this is happening. Wonder if it has anything to do with the reflectiveness of the p ...

I've tested the Osmo Mobile for quite some time now with many different phones and the only one that gave me an issue was an iPhone with a wireless charging cover, then with the cover removed the iPhone worked fine.
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

smoothbassman Posted at 2016-9-13 20:48
Interesting that this is happening. Wonder if it has anything to do with the reflectiveness of the p ...

It is about the reflection of light, it will be solved later though a DJI Go app update.
2016-9-14
Use props
jon_teach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45928 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Please read this :

So have recently purchased the Osmo mobile to use on my Samsung s7 edge. I inserted the S7 edge into the holder and balanced it. when I turned on the Osmo...Nothing!It didnt even centre itself! This was odd! After trying on numerous occations, I tried an iphone 5 which belongs to my son. Low and behold! it worked! it centred inself and started to function as it should.
I then thought that the sensor may be damaged because how can a sensor determine what phone is in the holder right?  I then put a plastic case on the back of the S 7 edge and put it back into the Osmo holder, It worked??? How odd! I then started filming through the DJI go app and it only allowed me to film in 1080 resolution. So I continued to do some simple filming and found that the video was very jittery/jumpy/laggy. It was unuseable in my view.

I contacted DJI about my problem and they tech support guys said "Yes we are having issues with the Samsung St edge and have contacted Samsung to resolve the problem".

They did not mention how long it will take to fix the issue but it does not solve my immediate problem when filming. I have since asked DJI for a full refund as I am not wealthy enough to buy another phone which is compatible with the Osmo Mobile.

Has anyone had any issues like this?

Any advice would be really helpful.

Thanks
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-15 15:59
Please read this :

So have recently purchased the Osmo mobile to use on my Samsung s7 edge. I inser ...

I'm sorry you are having difficulties.
Can you post a video clip showing that the footage in unusable.
There is a technique you have to use while walking to get stable video,
2016-9-15
Use props
jon_teach
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-15 23:47
I'm sorry you are having difficulties.
Can you post a video clip showing that the footage in unusa ...

Thanks Ken. I am aware of the technic to use when filming. However, the problem is not a Shakey unstable video. Its a jittery /jumping video that is the problem as mentioned in my post.

I Will try to upload the image but i think its too big to post. So I will need to compress it.

2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-16 10:40
Thanks Ken. I am aware of the technic to use when filming. However, the problem is not a Shakey uns ...

You can just upload a video to YouTube and post a link.
If you want to make a return, that has to be done through onlinesales@dji.com.
I only provide technical support on social media and do not have anything to do with the online sales.
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-15 15:59
Please read this :

So have recently purchased the Osmo mobile to use on my Samsung s7 edge. I inser ...

Hi, like Ken said, please post a video if it's convenient for you.

You can contact [url=mailtonlinesales@dji.com]onlinesales@dji.com[/url] for a refund. Thank you.
2016-9-15
Use props
jon_teach
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

because the video is very large and my upload speed is half a kilobit it will take too long for the upload.  I have spoken to DJI and they are in the process of hopefully replacing the unit.
2016-9-16
Use props
jon_teach
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-16 11:26
You can just upload a video to YouTube and post a link.
If you want to make a return, that has to  ...

Thanks Ken! I am now in comunication with DJI and hopefully replace my defective unit :-)
2016-9-16
Use props
tmansonusa
lvl.2

So where exactly on the Osmo Mobile is this Mobile Phone Detection Sensor?  My Osmo Mobile works fine as far as stabilizing the iPhone, but doesn't seem to be connected to it (I was hoping to use it today - but alas, I don't see that happening).  I don't get the message that you are talking about, but the Go App doesn't seem to support the Osmo Mobile (it describes how to connect to three different drone models and the Osmo Pro, but not the Mobile (thus I don't think the tape mod will work for me - but I'm willing to try).

--- edit ---

OK, I found the MPDS, but I still think it's not the problem I have.
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-16 18:27
Thanks Ken! I am now in comunication with DJI and hopefully replace my defective unit :-)

Sounds good, they will either refund your money or exchange your Osmo.
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tmansonusa@msn. Posted at 2016-9-16 19:33
So where exactly on the Osmo Mobile is this Mobile Phone Detection Sensor?  My Osmo Mobile works fin ...

You first have to pair the Osmo to your phone via Bluetooth.
2016-9-16
Use props
jon_teach
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-16 21:53
Sounds good, they will either refund your money or exchange your Osmo.

Thanks Ken,

I am uploading a video ow to youtube and will send you a link so you and others can see the problem I am having. I have to download overnight as i can only upload 500kB max.
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-16 22:51
Thanks Ken,

I am uploading a video ow to youtube and will send you a link so you and others can s ...

Sounds good.
I deleted 2 of your posts as you accidentally posted this post 3 times.
You can also edit and make just a 10 second clip of your video.
2016-9-16
Use props
hecgom57
New

Mexico

Me pasa exactamente lo mismo con un samsung note 7
2016-9-16
Use props
hecgom57
New

Mexico

Mi osmo mobil no detecta el samsung note 7
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

hecgom57@hotmai Posted at 2016-9-17 00:32
Mi osmo mobil no detecta el samsung note 7

Look in the Bluetooth settings and pair the phone if it's not paired to your Osmo.
If the gimbal will not stabilize then put a piece of tape over the sensor (a firmware they are working on will remedy the tape.
2016-9-16
Use props
jon_teach
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-16 23:13
Sounds good.
I deleted 2 of your posts as you accidentally posted this post 3 times.
You can also  ...

Thanks for your help Ken.

Here is the youtube link :

Thanks
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-17 01:33
Thanks for your help Ken.

Here is the youtube link :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btl_a5ctL_I&f ...

Practice walking for a few weekends and the quality will get better.
I borrowed a 6s+ really quick this morning and made a quick clip.
I am no means a seasoned Osmo user and I will need practice as well, but the quality is there.
If anyone is needing full professional paid work results from this $299 Osmo Mobile than you need a Ronin-MX with a expensive DSLR camera. http://store.dji.com/product/ronin-mx?from=menu_products

2016-9-16
Use props
jon_teach
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-17 01:50
I borrowed a 6s+ really quick ...

HI Ken, Thanks for the advice! I am trying to demonstrate that the video is jumpy and jittery. Can you see the problem when looking at it?
2016-9-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-16 18:50
I borrowed a 6s+ really quick ...

Nice dogs, bet they're a lot of fun together
2016-9-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The osmo mobile I purchased is doing the same thing, also the battery door randomly pops open? The smartphone detection sensor was a bad idea, just one more thing that can malfunction and the door popping open is just poor quality control.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jon_teach Posted at 2016-9-18 06:30
HI Ken, Thanks for the advice! I am trying to demonstrate that the video is jumpy and jittery. Can ...

Your video is not there.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-18 06:38
Nice dogs, bet they're a lot of fun together

Thanks, they are inseparable and do everything together.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-9-18 07:00
The osmo mobile I purchased is doing the same thing, also the battery door randomly pops open? The s ...

If when locking the patch and it not locking, then call support and send it in to be repaired.
I'm sorry you're experiencing that.
2016-9-17
Use props
frank.meller
New

Germany

Hello,

i have a similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy edge 7, so i took a Piece of Ducktape over the Sensorr and now it works.
2016-9-18
Use props
b0GKGsJKehys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 731591 ft
Germany

I got my Osmo Mobile today and tried to use with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ... same issue with the sensor .. BUT I did a piece of adhesive tape on the back of my phone cover (not on the sensor) and it works. So I would say it is a problem with reflection on the cover. The same with my Lumia 950 XL ... sensor also not detecting the phone ... (and DJI Go do not support Windows 10 Phones .. grrrr)
2016-9-28
Use props
userf421d6b259
lvl.1

Australia

Same problem here. Very annoying and renders the osmo mobile useless. This happens with my note 7 asking me to mount the phone
2016-10-28
Use props
MicTh
New
Denmark

I´m experiencing the same problem with the sensor. It fails with a lot of different surfaces not only the glas on the galaxy phones. I´m not going to put tape on mine i´m going to return it and not buy another. To be honest this is just to poor and lazy quality control in my opinion and it makes me wonder which other "lazy" mistakes we can expect if we keep the gimbal. And what if they can´t correct the sensor problem with software? by then it will be to late to return it.

I have another one made in china that works better than the osmo mobile. I only bought the osmo because i thought it would be an "upgrade" but as it turns out that is not the case.

2016-11-8
Use props
Jimmyb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully you're within the seven day return for refund period from DJI which is woefully short (if bought direct from them). But then I guess it's fairly obvious why they keep it short, showing a lack of confidence in their own products.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

MicTh Posted at 2016-11-9 01:11
I´m experiencing the same problem with the sensor. It fails with a lot of different surfaces not on ...

Hi, the Android DJI Go app can disable the sensor now.
2016-11-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules