Don't Want/Need the New Update - Question
1289 9 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDZ
lvl.3

United States

I am very happy with the features I currently have with my P2V. So if I don't ever want to do any updates, would the DJI Assistant run (for calibrating, changing settings, etc.) if I disabled the internet connection on my PC?

I would test this myself but it is in hibernation for the winter with the batteries at approx. 30% and in the refrigerator.

2015-1-30
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes it will
2015-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gary,
Your PC will not update DJI software or any other software automatically unless you possibly have something on your PC doing "auto updates" so no problem logging into your current version..FYI...my security program is set to ask me for any updates/downloads etc. and I get to approve or dismiss them!
Same goes for your phone ie. With my iPhone I have auto updates off for everything..

Fly and be free!
2015-1-30
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

switch off your internet connection if you wish to avoid the updates, however i would recommend you always run the latest firmware from DJI.
2015-1-30
Use props
GaryDZ
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-1-31 03:56
Gary,
Your PC will not update DJI software or any other software automatically unless you possibly h ...

I believe that, whatever your PC is set to do, the DJI Assistant automatically updates the Phantom firmware without your choice or control.
2015-1-30
Use props
GaryDZ
lvl.3

United States

Eirlink Posted at 2015-1-31 05:04
switch off your internet connection if you wish to avoid the updates, however i would recommend you  ...

Why?? It does everything I want. Do I care if they add no-fly zones in D.C.? I live in CT. IMHO future upgrades will only increase the chance of more problems. If something comes along I feel is worth the risk, then I may decide to upgrade.
2015-1-30
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

GaryDZ Posted at 2015-1-31 06:04
Why?? It does everything I want. Do I care if they add no-fly zones in D.C.? I live in CT. IMHO fu ...

if something comes along that you feel you want then when you upgrade , it will bring ALL previous versions into the download. in other words , you cannot selectively decide to avoid one update and download a newer one later.
anyway, your choice, im recommending to keep to latest to avoid issues.
2015-1-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TenCentsWorth Posted at 2015-1-31 12:15
Have asked DJI-Autumn these questions on the update thread. Hope to get some answers.

This update d ...

See the thread I just put up on the GPS update.

I think that would be a good reason to do the updates.

I think a lot of the issues were caused because the components, Vision App, Phantom Firmware, Camera Firmware all need to be updated at the same time in the correct order.

The Crash at the White House caused the release delays in the Phantom firmware updates and played havoc with all of us.

Cheers
2015-1-31
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

GaryDZ Posted at 2015-1-31 05:24
I believe that, whatever your PC is set to do, the DJI Assistant automatically updates the Phantom  ...

Gary,
There is absolutely no need to disconnect your computer from your internet,
The DJI Vision Ap will not update itself automatically or update your Phantom without you prompting it to do so..
To go one step further, I just plugged the Phantom into the computer i am typing this on,
When i launch the Phantom Vision Ap, it prompts me that there is an upgrade, accept or not accept..
i chose not accept and i am still working in the older version 3.6
I will update as soon as the iOS bug is worked out but not until then
2015-1-31
Use props
GaryDZ
lvl.3

United States

I thought, from previous updates, that it was automatic. Guess I was wrong. Thanks.
2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules