Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Saffron96
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80466 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
I'm using WKM and LB 1 on my S900.
After turning on, the gimbal (Z15 GH4) innitializes but once the sequence is complete it will not respond to command inputs. Furthermore it precesses in roll - extremely slowly - necessitating disconnection from the battery for fear of reaching the stops and the gimbal mechanism being damaged. Any help to solve this problem would be appreciated.
Thank you
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, are you able to establish a connection to your Lightbridge 1? Does the aircraft indicate that there is a RC connection? Are all the components up to date with the latest firmware? Did you happen to notice this issue after a firmware update, hard landing or long term storage?
2016-9-13
Use props
Saffron96
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-13 19:41
To clarify, are you able to establish a connection to your Lightbridge 1? Does the aircraft indicate ...

Initially The machine was obtained with only the WKM. I bought the LB 1 second hand and installed it. Although the aircraft and gimbal would respond to inputs from both Futaba controllers and I was getting a camera feed from the GH4 I was not happy with some of the motor responses with the aircraft tethered to the ground.
I must point out that I had not flown the aircraft at all up to this point having only acquired a few weeks previous. I sought advice from one more experienced. He suggested removing both the LB 1 and the Gimbal and getting in some flying practice with just the bare S900 and WKM.
This worked well and I accumulated some hours in this configuration.
I was happy enough to reinstall the LB 1 but without the gimbal again at this point. The machine was flown again successfully without the gimbal.
Following the refitting of the gimbal and turning on the systems, the gimbal would complete its calibration but would then start to drift in roll very, very slowly. In addition, there is no control of the gimbal through the Futaba and no feed to my android monitor through the LB 1. There is, however, still contol of the S900 via the LB 1 air unit.
All firmware has been updated but I am unable to recall if the problem became apparent since updates were applied.
I have checked all gimbal cables numerous times though I have ordered a new set to try.

2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Saffron96 Posted at 2016-9-14 16:12
Initially The machine was obtained with only the WKM. I bought the LB 1 second hand and installed  ...

Did you set the gimbal channels through the Lightbridge Assistant? If so, do they appear responsive through the software? For the video feed, do you have the set the output of the GH4 as a HD gimbal through the Lightbridge App? Did you also set the GH4 physically to HD or is it still set to AV? What kind of LED indications are you getting from the gimbal? Any screenshots of your settings or a small video of the issue would be appreciated.

If we can bring control back to the gimbal, then you can attempt a gimbal auto calibration via the RC to try and rectify the drift.
2016-9-14
Use props
Saffron96
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-14 18:56
Did you set the gimbal channels through the Lightbridge Assistant? If so, do they appear responsiv ...

Thanks Jamie
You have given me  a few things to check.
I will not be able to get to check these out for a while.
I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks
Alan
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Saffron96 Posted at 2016-9-15 23:59
Thanks Jamie
You have given me  a few things to check.
I will not be able to get to check these  ...

Please keep me posted when you can.
2016-9-15
Use props
Saffron96
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-15 17:04
Please keep me posted when you can.

Got that sorted now, thanks.
I had omitted to connect the GCU to the flight Controller via a CAN bus lead.
Thanks all the same
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Saffron96 Posted at 2016-9-28 02:59
Got that sorted now, thanks.
I had omitted to connect the GCU to the flight Controller via a CAN b ...

Good to hear you were able to get everything straightened out, thank you for the update.
2016-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules