Calibrate Horizon Option Not Working
1406 12 2016-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fatesepics
lvl.1

United States

I have had the Osmo for 4 months now and have used it probably 10 times.  I film archetecture so it is extremely important that my horizon/roll is very precise and accurate.  Until yesterday I have used the "Calibrate Horizon" setting in the DJI GO - Osmo - Gimbal Settings - Advanced Settings - under "Calibrate".  Until yesterday, it would always open up a small window on the bottom of the screen overlayed on top of my live image.  The window would include a plus and minus button which would allow me to fine tune my roll axis by .1 degree per click.  Now when I click the Calibrate Horizon button, nothing comes up.  Does anyone have any insight why this may be the case?  Was there an update? Am I doing something wrong?  Or is this feature broken now?
The fact that this feature randomly stopped working makes me really hesitant to use this piece of equipment.  

Thanks!

2016-9-13
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, is this feature highlighted, (when you go into 'Gimbal' then 'Calibrate Horizon') or is it greyed out?
Maybe delete the app and try and reinstall it, what device are you using? looks like a android menu,maybe...
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It sounds like an app glitch.  What device are you using, and what app version is it? Thank you.
2016-9-14
Use props
fatesepics
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the responses.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the current version and it is still not working.  The button is not grayed out.  When I click it, it brings me back to live view as usual.  It just does not bring up the horizon/roll adjustment menu.  

I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +.  It has worked properly up until the last time I tried to use it.  I'm trying to find a different device to try it on.  The other devices I have currently, do not support the DJI app.

2016-9-14
Use props
fatesepics
lvl.1

United States

Just tried it on my friends iphone 6 and it works, the roll menu pops up.  Any insight on how to get it working on my device?
2016-9-14
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

fatesepics Posted at 2016-9-14 22:57
Just tried it on my friends iphone 6 and it works, the roll menu pops up.  Any insight on how to get ...

Oh, the DJI software works with iOS but not Android, how predictable! {:4_157:}
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

bleyten Posted at 2016-9-17 09:11
Oh, the DJI software works with iOS but not Android, how predictable!

It does work with Android and the Osmo Mobile, I don't have a original Osmo here to see.
Screenshot_20160917-100417.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 10.10.16 AM.png
2016-9-17
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-18 01:10
It does work with Android and the Osmo Mobile, I don't have a original Osmo here to see.

Yeah it works on my Android too but not his Android, the DJI Go app experience is not consistent for Android users. Just like I don't have an option for 4K video though my phone takes amazing 4k video and you can't deny that many features are missing from the DJI Go app that are available for iOS i.e manual exposure, shutter speed etc, also slow motion video and zoom. That's really what I was getting at.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

bleyten Posted at 2016-9-18 10:05
Yeah it works on my Android too but not his Android, the DJI Go app experience is not consistent f ...

It seems sometimes IOS does have more features than Android, I don't know why.
2016-9-17
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-18 11:34
It seems sometimes IOS does have more features than Android, I don't know why.

Me either especially considering that Android powers 86% of the smartphones worldwide and DJI products rely so heavily on the use of a smartphone.
2016-9-18
Use props
fatesepics
lvl.1

United States

The really concerning part is that it was working on my android, and now it is not.  I didn't update firmware or change anything on the app or osmo.  
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fatesepics Posted at 2016-9-19 08:52
The really concerning part is that it was working on my android, and now it is not.  I didn't update ...

Strange. You can go here and download a historic version of DJI Go, and see if it pop up. https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2016-9-20
Use props
tswoodman
New

Canada

Same here fatesepics... Then i updated everything and still nothing
2016-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules