775 4 2016-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've been experimenting with mounting the Ronin M on a tripod and using the RC to get very smooth pan and tilts. While the movement is smooth, the stops are not. So, when I let go of the sticks, there's a small correcting movment before coming to a complete stop. I've tried all the configurations and settings I can think of, including turning smooth track off, but to no avail. Any suggestions?
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a small video of how bad the stops are?
2016-9-13
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-13 19:46
Could you happen to provide a small video of how bad the stops are?

They're not terrible, just a little twitch or drift sometimes. I was hoping to use the gimbal (in the upright position) on a tripod or slider for precise close up control but I'm not sure this is possible. I have checked the balance, recalibrated and tried various motor and control settings. I want to be able to let go of the sticks and let the gimbal come to a smooth stop, as determined by the various controls. Obviously, when handheld, there's some movement in the shots, so these small details won't matter. Perhaps I'm asking too much of the system...

2016-9-13
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just realised that I had image stabilisation enabled on my camera, so this was conflicting with the gimbal. It only dawned on me after reading another post on this forum. Hopefully this post will help others who have experienced the same kind of problems I was getting...
Thanks,

Jerry

2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-9-14 22:51
I've just realised that I had image stabilisation enabled on my camera, so this was conflicting with ...

Good to hear you were able to rectify the issue, thank you for the update.
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules