Remote Focus how to downgrade
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbruegg
lvl.2
Switzerland

Im having issues with the remote since i upgraded to 1.5. using the dji motor also upgraded.

automatic calibration, the torque of the motor is so strong that it nearly rips off the lens, no matter what torque is set in the menu it is tooo strong. with previous versions it has been o.k. also the direction will not be stored if you do a auto-calibration. so if your setting was reverse before its gonna be normal after the auto-calibration although reverse is still selected in the menu..... i d like to downgrade but dont know how. any help is appretiated!

thanks, thomas

2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify what Ronin model are you using? Could you happen to provide a small video to see the extent of the torque?
2016-9-14
Use props
tbruegg
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-14 22:01
To clarify what Ronin model are you using? Could you happen to provide a small video to see the exte ...

hi Jamie

thanks for replying. im not using a Ronin. its just about the follow focus with its motor on a blackmagic ursa.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tbruegg Posted at 2016-9-15 04:25
hi Jamie

thanks for replying. im not using a Ronin. its just about the follow focus with its moto ...

Unfortunately there you would not have the option to downgrade, but you can reapply the firmware. Is the hand wheel also updated to the latest firmware? Have you tried setting everything to default?
2016-9-14
Use props
tbruegg
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-15 00:30
Unfortunately there you would not have the option to downgrade, but you can reapply the firmware.  ...

o.k. i re-installed the actual firmware. the problem with the direction seems to be gone, i cant reproduce it. but the torque in auto-calibration is still pretty crazy. i hope the next version will take the torque that is selected in the motor settiings, right now theese seem to have no effect for auto calibration. also why does the motor check twice per end point, does not seem to be necessary.
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tbruegg Posted at 2016-9-21 00:00
o.k. i re-installed the actual firmware. the problem with the direction seems to be gone, i cant r ...

Is this even after resetting the components to default as well? The motor checks twice per endput to ensure that it has reached the maximum.
2016-9-20
Use props
tbruegg
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-20 20:05
Is this even after resetting the components to default as well? The motor checks twice per endput  ...

Yes reset was done. i still cant figure any difference between min, mid and max torque. so its gonna be hand calibration, hope that a future update will bring smoother auto-calibration. and im not a fan of the double end point, maybe create a menu to change this would be usefull.

thanks Thomas
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tbruegg Posted at 2016-9-21 14:29
Yes reset was done. i still cant figure any difference between min, mid and max torque. so its gon ...

The torque would effect how much effort is needed to move the lens, but it would not effect the speed greatly during auto calibration. If you are using a heavy lens that takes some strength to move by hand, you would want the max torque. If it's a light and easily movable lens, then you would want less torque. If a hand calibration is working for you, I would recommend doing that for the time being. If you wish to have further piece of mind from any hardware issues, you always have the option to send the Follow Focus to the Europe Support Center for further diagnostics,
2016-9-22
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-22 15:41
The torque would effect how much effort is needed to move the lens, but it would not effect the sp ...

Hi jamie!, i recently updated the dji focus to v 1.5 and i don't like it, now i want to move back to 1.4, can you help me on that?, i use it on my ronin-m, i have pc assistant 2.1, 2.2, and 2.4 downloaded
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-10-4 13:14
Hi jamie!, i recently updated the dji focus to v 1.5 and i don't like it, now i want to move back  ...

You can try using an older Assistant to possibly attempt a downgrade, but I'm uncertain that you would be able to downgrade to 1.4 exactly. I can only recommend reapplying the current firmware if you are incurring difficulties.
2016-10-4
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536017 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

dear Jamie
we also have 3 pcs Follow focuses and as soon we upgraded motor to the latest version 1.6 there is noise inside of motor and it doesnt work well .
We also need downgrade firmware into 1.4 or 1.3 .
please advise how to process it .
Thanks
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dani2013 Posted at 2016-11-11 17:57
dear Jamie
we also have 3 pcs Follow focuses and as soon we upgraded motor to the latest version 1. ...

Could you happen to provide a small video of how it behaves? You are not able to downgrade the Follow Focus firmware, and only reapply the current firmware.
2016-11-11
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

dani2013 Posted at 2016-11-11 17:57
dear Jamie
we also have 3 pcs Follow focuses and as soon we upgraded motor to the latest version 1. ...

I had the same problem, watch my video on YT
https://youtu.be/gvtp35PDkJI
2016-11-12
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
  • >>>
Armenia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-12 04:48
Could you happen to provide a small video of how it behaves? You are not able to downgrade the Fol ...

how reapply firmware ?
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

When you connect the Focus to the Assistant, you would click on the firmware version and go through the update process again.
2016-11-17
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
  • >>>
Armenia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-18 05:20
When you connect the Focus to the Assistant, you would click on the firmware version and go throug ...

it is not usefull
the motor's torque still not correct and it can be damaged again .
we are looking for newer firmware or pls find solution how downgrade firmware into 1.4 or 1,3
2016-11-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dani2013 Posted at 2016-11-21 13:33
it is not usefull
we are looki ...

The only way to possibly downgrade is if you have an older version of the Assistant Software and apply what was the latest version for that Assistant. Just to clarify, you did update both the RC and the motor, correct? If there is a high powered noise from the motor, it may be burning out. You would want to contact the support team for service if that's the case.
2016-11-22
Use props
fans386c87f2
lvl.3
Argentina

dani2013 Posted at 2016-11-21 13:33
it is not usefull
we are looki ...

Watch the youtube video i posted on this thread, then see the description of the video and contact me, i've downgraded mine back to 1.4
2016-11-26
Use props
STEP
lvl.1

Italy

Did you solved? I'm having the same issue!
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules