Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Custom channel settings
637 5 2016-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lablover
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166791 ft

I have a question.  If you are using custom on channel settings, do you use one that has no red or green bar?  I have a few channels that are clear and have no red or green bars.  Or do you want one with at least a green bar showing?  

I tried a channel that has no bars at all and it seemed to give me the best range without video drop outs.

Thanks all

J
2016-9-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

A channel that has no bars means it is unoccupied, therefore it is the best choice. However, selecting a custom channel means the system cannot cope with interference if someone else starts using the channel you select. You are far better off leaving it on automatic, so the system can choose its own channel if others are occupied.
2016-9-13
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

Unfortunately, the P4 does not change channels anyway, (very seldom and when it does, it is not when the signal is low). I have been doing range/signal testing last few days and in about 60 minutes of flight time, it switched channels 3 times.  But it did not switch channels when the HD signal was going to get lost. My  hope was that once th esignal is almost 0, then it should switch to another channel.

But I keep it in Auto anyway.

My long term plan is to keep records of which channel(s) work best in the different areas I fly.  I will then go Custom.

BTW: You will have to use Litchi if you want to see which channel the P4 is using during a flight. The Go app does not include the channel.  Maybe DJI will add it soon, so we can all see it.
2016-9-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-14 10:34
Unfortunately, the P4 does not change channels anyway, (very seldom and when it does, it is not when ...

None of them change channel based on signal strength, it is only based on interference from another signal source.
2016-9-13
Use props
lablover
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166791 ft

So thats why my iPad goes black for a few seconds?  It's changing channels?  I'll have to test this in Litchi as well
2016-9-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

lablover Posted at 2016-9-14 11:54
So thats why my iPad goes black for a few seconds?  It's changing channels?  I'll have to test this  ...

I don't think so, the channel change is done in an instant, there should be no interruption.
2016-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules