Weak Transmission Signal issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
toradze3
lvl.2

Georgia

Hey all

Recently was out flying trying to check my max range. So the problem is,  sometimes for example around 600meters away from RC, it would show weak  video transmission warning.
I usually stop at that moment, move it a bit right or left until i get good signal again and move on like this.
This happens couple of times during a flight. At the end i reached 2.2km.

The questions i have are

Is it normal if it does it in the open field with a little interference around?

P.S. Antennas are positioned correctly.
2016-9-14
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I will experience that on occasions too! I have found that most of the time you can simply fly through the interference area and it will pick up the signal again. Must be signal waves from communication towers, WiFi signals, and whatever else is floating around out there. Like you also mentioned, sometimes just turning the bird around a bit will allow it to regain the signal. I guess my advice is to just remember to watch your RC signal, most of the time it will still be fine, and in worst case scenario it will RTH. Also try to just go up in altitude if you can. That has helped me more than once. When you stop and think about it, imagine how bombarded we all are with radio, TV, and communication waves........it amazing we can do what we can with these devices.
2016-9-14
Use props
HobbyMounts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206539 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like normal operation to me.  Signals do bounce around quite alot depending on the frequency and if you're getting over 2000mtrs you're doing ok.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That may happen from time to time, also you said your antennas are positioned correctly but look at this video just to make sure.

2016-9-14
Use props
toradze3
lvl.2

Georgia

Thats exactly how my anntenas are Ill fly this weekend and try to FLY THROUGH the interference. Maybe this helps. Cuz yea you are right, RC signal bars are full at that moment, so maybe i am just flying through some noise cloud at that moment.  :O + will try using Windsurfers. Lets see what will be the difference.
2016-9-15
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
Germany

2.2km holy cow I would love that haha. Flyin' with the lovely max range of 900m on my standard even WITH a DBS mod...
2016-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules