New RC Problem. Can Anyone help me please
2150 33 2016-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greg-y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38284 ft
New Zealand

Let me just say thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

I had a RC that died on me so I've had to buy a new one from DJI.

The problem I am having is, I don't seem to be able to get it funtioning with the app properly.
I have watch the video but the options it shows in this screen shot of the video don't appear.
That being making the New RC the master or slave
Video Screen Shot.png

The craft is running the latest firmware WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30  
The App 2.9.0 Android on Samsung

I have taken these screen shots to show you the steps and issues i am having.

Screenshot_S1.png

Screenshot_S2.png

Screenshot_S3.png

Screenshot_S4.png

Screenshot_S5.png

Screenshot_S6.png

Screenshot_S7.png

Screenshot_S8.png

Screenshot_S9.png

2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Can you clarify what color the LED is currently? When you had started the update in the app, did the RC's LED change to blue with a continuous beeping sound? In addition, does your mobile device give you some sort of indication that the RC is connected via USB?
2016-9-14
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

At aircraft firmware 1.8.1, DJI changed the encryption between the aircraft and the remote. Your aircraft is at 1.9.1.30, so it can only communicate with rc firmware 1.6.0 or later.

Take a quick look at Donnie's thread -> click here to look at Donnie's thread...

and try upgrading the remote to 1.6.0 using his methodology. Once on rc firmware 1.6.0, you can relink to the aircraft and update the RC to 1.7.40 using the GO App as advertised.
2016-9-14
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie   Can you clarify what color the LED is currently?

It is currently Green. When I did the first attempt to 1.6.0 it start upgrading them about 95% completed it came up as Fail. I clicked Retry with no luck.
2016-9-14
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

Thanks terrylewis for the link I'll go check it out now. Fingers crossed.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-15 08:52
Thanks terrylewis for the link I'll go check it out now. Fingers crossed.

Please keep us posted.
2016-9-14
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

Successfully updated to 1.6.0 using the USB and managed to link the craft with the RC. Tried to upgraded to 1.7 and that failed. But I was happy that at leased the RC and craft were linked and as it was a long night I decided I would tackle the 1.7 upgrade the next day.

Today being the next day I turned on the RC activated the app and bugger me it's back to the 1.5.8 version and not linked to the craft again.

BLOODY FRUSTRATING.  
Do you think I need to install the 1.6.0 bin file into the inspire as well? I didn't do that. The Inspire has the lastest 1.9.1.30 and I,m not sure you can down grade the craft?
Or maybe try to install the 1.9.1.30 bin into the RC?
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-16 03:57
Successfully updated to 1.6.0 using the USB and managed to link the craft with the RC. Tried to upg ...

The 1.6.0 firmware is only for the RC, it would not work with the aircraft. Please try the following button combination to attempt a RC reset:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

This should erase any odd presets that could be hindering your process.
2016-9-15
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-16 08:12
The 1.6.0 firmware is only for the RC, it would not work with the aircraft. Please try the followi ...

OK thanks I'll give that a go. THANKS!
2016-9-15
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-16 08:16
OK thanks I'll give that a go. THANKS!

Just to clarify a little more. Do this procedure once I have reinstalled the RC with the 1.6.0 ?
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-16 04:20
Just to clarify a little more. Do this procedure once I have reinstalled the RC with the 1.6.0 ?

I would do the reset first to see if the firmware version goes back to 1.6, since it seems odd that it would just revert back in that manner. After that, I would recommend reattempting the update.
2016-9-15
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-16 08:24
I would do the reset first to see if the firmware version goes back to 1.6, since it seems odd tha ...

No that didn't work. Still show as 1.5.80 and C1 C2 buttons give no beeps when pressed in the 1.5.80 version.

will try reloading 1.6.0 and do this procedure. when this version is installed the RC gives all the beeps indicating it is responsive to commands   
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-16 04:48
No that didn't work. Still show as 1.5.80 and C1 C2 buttons give no beeps when pressed in the 1.5. ...

The only other thing that you may want to look into is trying another internet source just to ensure that it's not a server connection issue. If that does not work and you are still having issues with this RC, returning it to DJI for a replacement would be the best course of action. There's no point continuing to hit your head against the proverbial wall.
2016-9-15
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-16 10:02
The only other thing that you may want to look into is trying another internet source just to ensu ...

Yes I've tried this on two different Wi Fi servers and both got the same result. However I think the problem is to do with the upgrading to 1.7

I reinstall 1.6 and all good with the craft and everything working fine. Starts motors and does everything it's meant to do. I then shut everything down and restarted RC, App and craft and all good again. Still in 1.6

Then I do the install RC upgrade 1.7 and that fails and reverts everything back to 1.5

So I'm thinking it might have something to do with my Samsung holding onto the downloaded 1.7 file that i first downloaded when it was in 1.5 and that is uncompleted or corrupted even though it shows as being fully download. I say this because when I successfully install 1.6 and go to the upgrade section to install 1.7 it shows as already been downloaded and waiting to be installed. And on clicking to install, back to square one.   
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-16 06:51
Yes I've tried this on two different Wi Fi servers and both got the same result. However I think t ...

Have you tried using a different mobile device to update to 1.7?
2016-9-15
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

Watched this video in regards to 1.7 upgrade and he mentions that 1.7 isn't needed and the craft is ok just using 1.6 so I'll probably will just work with that.

let me say thank you so much for your help, and pointing in the right direction DJI-Jamie.
Much appreciated.

The good news is the fix you pointed me two worked not only on the New RC, but also fixed the old dead RC.  The BAD NEWS is it cost my $800.00 bucks for the new RC.

Oh well i guess i've now got a Slave

2016-9-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-15 23:23
Watched this video in regards to 1.7 upgrade and he mentions that 1.7 isn't needed and the craft is  ...

Just a couple of questions, when you are linking the Aircraft and RC you are pressing the Red Button on the aircraft as well correct ?  What version was the RC and AC on at the when  linking ?  (*This may be the problem , you were on 2  different  versions ( Non compatible )  of firmware and the link would not occur until you had at least 1.6 on the RC )  

Once it is linked there is no reason to keep on linking it. ( Also in the future dont link until you have the matching FW for AC and RC )   The only reason it would not work once you have it linked is if you changed the settings from Master to Slave or dont have matching (compatible ) versions of firmware.   

Also I think you mis -read what version you were on, I have NEVER seen the system revert back to an older version on its own.  One thing that could have happened is the reinstall page has the version number in a large oval window, this window scrolls and could have been scrolled to the other update.

I think the problem is in your Go App device, can you borrow an I pad and Install the Go App and try to load version 1.7 ? At the Very least Delete and Re-install the Go app, it is super simple and will get any of the old files out of the Cache in the logs section .  This could be very helpful as I feel something is corrupted on the Go app device .  

****Also be sure the Aircraft is off when updating the RC, this is important.  Also even more important is the RC is off when updating the Aircraft.  

Another thing that must be done is between each update on the RC transmitter you must re boot the entire system ( rc and Go app device )  leave both the RC and Go App device off for at least 30 seconds and then try the next update as well.  

One other note, the Screen shot wont show all versions of firmware for all systems unless the system is in standby flight mode .  That is the best way to get a complete update of the "About " page.

I think one problem here is that you Linked the RC to the Aircraft without having matching Versions of firmware ( 1.9 on the AC and 1.7 on the RC IS a match )

Read my tips page as well, it may clear some things up.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

Do me a favor , it will help us here on the forum, turn on the entire system and take a screen shot of the "About" page one more time, all the versions should be there, also fire up in this sequence.
1- RC
2-AC
3- go app  ( The go app device can be on but dont open the Go App till last )  
Good luck - donnie
Sorry for the rambling post, I have ADD which is a blessing and a curse, to many ideas floating around in that void of mine.............

2016-9-16
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-17 01:33
Just a couple of questions, when you are linking the Aircraft and RC you are pressing the Red Butto ...

Thanks Donnie.

"Just a couple of questions, when you are linking the Aircraft and RC you are pressing the Red Button on the aircraft as well correct ?"

Yes when I linked the RC to the AC I also used the red button on the AC to get RC & AC linked
The craft had the latest firmware WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30 in it before i installed 1.6.0
The App is 2.9.0 Android on a Samsung
The RC I tried loading the 1.7.0040bin file first using the USB but the RC didn’t activate so loaded 1.6.0 using USB and that installed and linked OK.

"Also I think you mis -read what version you were on, I have NEVER seen the system revert back to an older version on its own."

No mis -read.  It went back to 1.5.80 not once but three times and each time it lost its link to the AC
The reverting back to 1.5.80 happed everytime I tried updating FW on RC to 1.7.0040 through the App.

"Also be sure the Aircraft is off when updating the RC, this is important.  Also even more important is the RC is off when updating the Aircraft."

Yes I have made sure of that.

"I think one problem here is that you Linked the RC to the Aircraft without having matching Versions of firmware ( 1.9 on the AC and 1.7 on the RC IS a match )"

The problem is, I believe:  I can link the RC with 1.6.0 and the AC with 1.9 but the RC fails to upgrade to 1.7 However I believe this is because the downloaded 1.7 file, that was downloaded at the time the RC was still in 1.5.80 is corrupted because the RC was not at 1.6.0 at the time and it’s trying to use that corrupted file still stored in my Samsung. I have since found that file and deleted it but yet to try again.

Haven't yet retried upgrading since deleting that file but will let you now if that was the case.
2016-9-16
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-16 16:10
Have you tried using a different mobile device to update to 1.7?

Not as yet. That will be my next move.
2016-9-16
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-17 11:26
Thanks Donnie.

"Just a couple of questions, when you are linking the Aircraft and RC you are pres ...

Haven't yet retried upgrading since deleting that file but will let you now if that was the case.

OK That didn't work. Rolled back to 1.5 again.

Could it be the AC needs to be rolled back to 1.8 then do the RC to 1.6 and then upgrade to 1.7?

2016-9-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-16 21:13
Haven't yet retried upgrading since deleting that file but will let you now if that was the case. ...

No ,the aircraft has nothing to do with the update on the RC. ( In this case anyway )

Did you delete go App and retry to load 1.7 ?  
If you get a chance , could you do the screen shot of all versions on the" about page" .  With all systems on.  (If it is a a pain  in the arse, forget it )

I think you are correct the 1.7 is corrupted in the Go App device, by deleting and reinstalling the Go app it will clear the Log of any old Bin files stored and should ( HOPE) give a clean Install.  

Let me know

donnie

2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-17 07:34
Not as yet. That will be my next move.

Please keep us posted.
2016-9-17
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-17 22:27
No ,the aircraft has nothing to do with the update on the RC. ( In this case anyway )

Did you del ...

If you get a chance , could you do the screen shot of all versions on the" about page" .  With all systems on.  (If it is a a pain  in the arse, forget it )

No I didn't delete the Go App and reinstall, but that is worth giving a try.

Here is the screen shot as it is now.

Screenshot_20160918-114712.png

2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-17 19:17
If you get a chance , could you do the screen shot ...

Ok, you are current except for the RC to 1.7.  Delete Go app and Re install and give it another go .  I bet it will download then.

cheers -donnie
2016-9-18
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-18 22:15
Ok, you are current except for the RC to 1.7.  Delete Go app and Re install and give it another go ...

Deleted the Go App and re-installed. It downloads ok but fails to install every time. Tried on a second devise and it failed as well. This is a bug that DJI needs to address and fix. Obviously this is a problem that is affecting many more people than just me.   
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-19 01:01
Deleted the Go App and re-installed. It downloads ok but fails to install every time. Tried on a s ...

Yes , you are correct,  I have others with the same issue , 1.7 is a strange Update.  If I get notice of an update past 1.7 I will let you know .

I though for sure if you deleted and re installed go app it would work .  
I think I would just wait till the next RC update then try to load that one, 1.6 is fine and 1.7 had hardly any changes to it.  

You did a good job with lots of pics and descriptions, that makes  forum members more obliged and happy  to help you ......Well done Sir Gregory !

donnie
2016-9-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-9-14 17:42
At aircraft firmware 1.8.1, DJI changed the encryption between the aircraft and the remote. Your air ...

Still having trouble with My 1.7 file , I have even tested myself by rolling back  to 1.6.  Just wondering if you had any ideas ?  Maybe we just have to wait for the Next RC update.

Thanks for all your help Terry,

donnie
2016-9-19
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-19 23:34
Still having trouble with My 1.7 file , I have even tested myself by rolling back  to 1.6.  Just w ...

Just a thought.

I don't use a slave RC, and I am trying to do this update with the master RC. So i'm thinking as 1.7 is more to do with camera settings as mentioned in the video. Maybe this update has to be done with the slave RC.

That's if it's possible to do updating using the slave.?

Are you guys working with Slave's?
Now that I have a second RC I could try that out. Just maybe it's failing because the Slave and Master FW are different and need to be introduced individually?
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-20 04:55
Just a thought.

I don't use a slave RC, and I am trying to do this update with the master RC. So ...

The firmware is the same whether it is designated as the master or slave. An issue that you can incur if you have 2 RCs with different firmware is that they will not be able to communicate with one another when you are trying to set up a dual RC system. Since both 1.6 and 1.7 are usable with the 1.9 firmware, you might not run into that issue at this time.
2016-9-19
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-20 10:04
The firmware is the same whether it is designated as the master or slave. An issue that you can inc ...

Not having used a slave before I would know how this operates.

Isn't the yaw, rotation and altitude sticks on the slave dedicated to the camera movements? That would suggest that although the FW is the same for duel RC's. In the FW there is coding dedicated for one the Master and two the Slave dependant what each RC is set to be.
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-20 11:48
Not having used a slave before I would know how this operates.

Isn't the yaw, rotation and altit ...

A unpaired Inspire 1 RC has the capability to be either a slave or a master regardless of firmware version. Aircraft control and gimbal control functionality is embedded in the RC's programming, where specific functions would be enabled depending on whether you pair up the RC as the master or slave. This makes the master and slave RC interchangeable when needed.

Given the upgrading issue you are experiencing, there may be a board possble board issue on your RC hindering it from accepting any current updates. You can take Donnie's advice to sit on 1.6 for now until another RC update is made available to see whether the problem persists. If it does, you would want to have the RC sent to DJI for further diagnostics and repair.
2016-9-20
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-21 05:26
A unpaired Inspire 1 RC has the capability to be either a slave or a master regardless of firmware  ...

You can take Donnie's advice to sit on 1.6 for now until another RC update is made available to see whether the problem persists.

Took the AC out for a test flight and had no issues with it so that's what I think I will do.

Thanks to You, Terry and Donnie for all your support. It's great to know there are folks like you guys that are willing to help.

Even though the update issue wasn't solved completly at leased i'm flying.

Cheers!
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-21 04:40
You can take Donnie's advice to sit on 1.6 for now until another RC update is made available to se ...

You're welcome, please let us know if you run into any additional issues or concerns.
2016-9-20
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25617 ft
United States

gregory young Posted at 2016-9-15 20:23
Watched this video in regards to 1.7 upgrade and he mentions that 1.7 isn't needed and the craft is ok just using 1.6 so I'll probably will just work with that.

https://youtu.be/hnm7L1-B__0

Need a slave pilot? LOL! If yes, then you'll need to teach me to fly first...
2020-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules