1124 4 2016-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Terry G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1773327 ft
  • >>>
United States

It finally happened. 230+flights and I finally had a hard landing. Inspire was going about a walking speed and brushed a small tree and dropped about 4 feet and ended up on its back. 2 of the 4 rubber gimbal mounts had come loose and no other visible damage. Powered everything down, reconnected the  rubber mounts and fired everything back up. Camera didnt respond and the app said "gimbal disconnected". Powered everything down and removed the camera and the gimbal to see if I could see anything obvious but I didnt. Made sure what connections I could see were connected wthout dissasembling more of the craft. Fired everything back up and the camera remained "limp" and the app said "gimbal disconnected" Any suggestions where I should look to fix the problem?
2016-9-14
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

T,
  The gimbal is connected with two cables that connect the gimbal plate to the Inspire. The connectors are under the nose cover which is held by six screws -> four on the sides and two underneath.

You may be interested in this video for investigation and troubleshooting:

2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If those cables appear in tact, then it may be a board issue that would require for you to send the unit in for a repair service.
2016-9-14
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-9-14 19:36
T,
  The gimbal is connected with two cables that connect the gimbal plate to the Inspire. The conne ...

Thanks,  I will  check it out and hopefully find something loose.
2016-9-17
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Terry G Posted at 2016-9-17 13:06
Thanks,  I will  check it out and hopefully find something loose.

I removed the gimbal and disconnected both wiring harnesses. I found 2 wires had come out of one of the plugs so with needle nose pliers I was able to push in each wire back into the plug. I put it all back together and attached the camera and fired it up. Success!! Camera did the little dance and I had a good picture. Thanks for the suggestions!!
2016-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules