Osmo Mobile - frustrating and deceptive ordering process
1194 12 2016-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
l5bCD1ynyznq
lvl.1

Australia

I have absolutely no idea right now as to what is happening, posting here in the hopes that someone at DJI processing will contact me with a clear answer.

2 Sept: Ordered Osmo Mobile.
9 Sep: Contacted support as the 3-5 working days for shipping has passed.
9 Sep: Support reponds, explains there is a delay and the order will be shipped in a week.
13 Sep: DJI eMails me, says there is a further delay, no date given.
15 Sep: DJI eMails me, saying the date is now the 19th. I respond asking for a postal address change as I have moved.
A few hours later, DJI responds saying they can't change the address and I needed to cancel and place a new order. I respond asking if they can make sure the newly quoted 19th can be kept for the new order.
A few hours later they respond saying the shipping date is now the 23rd. I reply saying I do not want to cancel and to leave the order as is.
A few hours later they respond saying the order now has a "high priority" tag on it and will be shipped out ASAP.
An hour later I get a notice that my refund is being processed.

ehhhh...

I have a headache. The refund email was an hour ago, my Paypal hasn't notified me of any refunds so I'll assume it isn't happening. Or is it?

Order # 061113569125 assuming someone actually can check things. Probably not.

2016-9-15
Use props
lKwuksmm9H9W
New

I agree - this is deceptive. They won't gain any fans by saying a product will ship when in fact it won't. I ordered on the 12th and it said 3-5 days shipping. If they already knew yours wouldn't ship until the 23rd why did they take my money knowing full well the shipping date would not be 3-5 days...
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Please contact online sales.
I saw two orders and the request for both of them to be cancelled.
I'm sorry about that.
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

lKwuksmm9H9W Posted at 2016-9-15 19:39
I agree - this is deceptive. They won't gain any fans by saying a product will ship when in fact it  ...

There's no deception at all. When you ordered the shipping time was 3-5 days after payment conformation. But again, due to the overwhelming demand it had to be pushed back.
2016-9-15
Use props
l5bCD1ynyznq
lvl.1

Australia

Of course it's deceptive. Saying that an order would be placed on the high priority queue then cancelling and refunding the order is a blatant lie.
2016-9-15
Use props
l5bCD1ynyznq
lvl.1

Australia

Of course it's deceptive. Saying that an order would be placed on the high priority queue then cancelling and refunding the order is a blatant lie.
2016-9-15
Use props
smoothbassman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344219 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I see the site has been updated to a 7 day lead time. At least they are trying to manage expectations.
2016-9-15
Use props
Wj1sbc7SqDV0
New

Romania

smoothbassman Posted at 2016-9-16 03:53
Yeah, I see the site has been updated to a 7 day lead time. At least they are trying to manage expec ...

Delete your browser's cookies. You will get the 3-5 days shipping back Priceless..

2016-9-16
Use props
C1y4wovzjZqp
New

United Kingdom

Hey - Having the same problem here - trying to work out the best way to contact them, what was the method you used?
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

l5bCD1ynyznq Posted at 2016-9-16 07:33
Of course it's deceptive. Saying that an order would be placed on the high priority queue then cance ...

The request of the ordered was to cancel and refund so that's what DJI processed.
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

C1y4wovzjZqp Posted at 2016-9-17 03:30
Hey - Having the same problem here - trying to work out the best way to contact them, what was the m ...

Email onlinesales@dji.com or use the chat feature for questions.
2016-9-16
Use props
l5bCD1ynyznq
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-17 04:46
The request of the ordered was to cancel and refund so that's what DJI processed.

Once again DJI lies as there were ZERO requests to cancel and/or refund the order whatsoever. The "customer service agent" suggested this as they refused to change the address given that the newly anticipated 1+ month timeframe from payment to shipping does not take into consideration the likelihood that people relocate. After the suggestion was made they went along and did it anyway even though I had not approved, letalone suggested a refund.
Now due to the order being cancelled and re-established, the likelihood of my order being put back to the end of the line is incredibly high.

Still waiting for some sort of acknowledgement that they fixed the problem and I have not been impacted negatively regarding the actual shipping date.

Substantial increases in orders are understanable for product launches however lying and furthermore continuing the facade does absolutely nothing for customer loyalty. If DJI had been truthful (to this date, it seems they still brazenly lie), I would either have waited till a later date or purchased the Mobile from a 3rd party (at the time it was in stock). One way or another DJI would have got their money and their service expectations would have been left positive. But no, DJI took the gamble with the highly optimistic dates and status fabrication.

I just wanted transparency and all I got was deceit.

DJI is an embarassment of a tech company.
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

l5bCD1ynyznq Posted at 2016-9-17 07:46
Once again DJI lies as there were no requests to cancel the order whatsoever.

When I looked into the order, I saw a note that said customer requested order cancelled.
If that's not the case then I'm sorry.
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules