Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI - Where is the iOS app?
4638 35 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I heard "10 days" back on the 16th. I have not seen any updates since then.

I bought an Ipad Air 2 based on the fact that all of the promotional documentation and videos I saw were with the Ipad.

This was an additional $600 purchase in addition to the Inspire 1, extra batteries, props, etc..

Am I forced to go spend MORE money on an Android device now?

Can you communicate with your customers who have invested so much money in your products?

I fear that I threw away $600 on an Ipad Air 2 that I did not need to purchase and this is rather frustrating.

All I am asking for is communication and for you (DJI) to provide the proper expectation to US your customers.

Thank you.
2015-1-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We do not have an estimation on when Apple will act on our application for the Inspire iOS APP.  We would like to say tomorrow but the reality is that we do not know.  It could be tomorrow or weeks from tomorrow.  It is not our call.
2015-1-30
Use props
mgilliam
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I agree completely with this customer.  Good communication often solves many problems.  Given everything that has happened with the DJI Inspire 1 though, this product may be a lost cause.  Even the Android pilots are experiencing so many things that shouldn't happen with a product of this advertised ability.  
2015-1-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

mgilliam Posted at 2015-1-31 06:32
I agree completely with this customer.  Good communication often solves many problems.  Given everyt ...

Forgive me if I disagree.  The Inspire is a great craft.  Many users are flying without drama in any way shape or form.  Many have shipped and few have had issues.  The old version of the iOS v0.9.2 is still available from existing users and works with the current firmware.  There are Android devices that approach the performance of the iOS devices.  To say that this is a write off ignores the already great video and pictures that users are posting.
2015-1-30
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I can add that this is an awesome aircraft! It handles like a sports car and the range, speed and versatility is by far the best I have ever used. I just came home from a work day with the Inspire and I can say that I was able to accomplish in 3 flights what took me 6 flights with my P2 w/ GoPro, the postprocessing work was greatly minimized because the images come out great straight out of the camera... I was able to map, process and give the final work to my client the same day while still on-site!

I'm really looking forward to using this UAV and everyday I like it more and more... I just hope that DJI would integrate a faster capture in JPg like 2,3,4 secs... And complete the waypoint navigation to fully automate my workflow for mapping...
2015-1-30
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I never made any claims that the Inspire 1 is not a great craft so you are disagreeing with a point that does not exist. I would not have spent the nearly $4,000 I did if I disagreed.

Your point about Android devices is the real problem I have with DJI.

I would have purchased an Android months ago had I known that the iOS app they were advertising to me was not going to be available. I spent an additional $600 on misinformation from DJI and now my Inspire 1 sits collecting dust.

I do not care to use an unauthorized version of the iOS app because if something DID happen I would have no recourse.

For those who are braver than me and enjoying the Inspire 1 with a version of the iOS App that is no longer sanctioned from the manufacturer - great. Have fun.

I prefer to protect my investment as much as possible.
2015-1-30
Use props
craigarthurson.
lvl.2

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-31 06:42
Forgive me if I disagree.  The Inspire is a great craft.  Many users are flying without drama in a ...

Tahoe_Ed is there away to contact you via email out side of these forums working on a project in Australia and your knowledge would be an asset on a couple of question just don't won't to plaster this project over the forum as I have gained a lot of interest with this drone.

Regards Craig
2015-1-31
Use props
st0gas
lvl.2

Lithuania

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-31 06:27
We do not have an estimation on when Apple will act on our application for the Inspire iOS APP.  We  ...

Would be great if somebody would say when it was uploaded for approval.
2015-1-31
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

st0gas Posted at 2015-2-1 07:46
Would be great if somebody would say when it was uploaded for approval.

According to DJI Marketing, it is in Apple's hands right now awaiting final approval.
2015-1-31
Use props
st0gas
lvl.2

Lithuania

I want to hear exact date. Not another .. Somebody from dji said. And even better a screenshot of approval process status. Until then its only words and rumours. Do you know that average approval time is about 8 days...which means we are way over time. It was told 2 weeks ago that its in apples hands.
2015-1-31
Use props
ausidcstaff.gma
lvl.2

United States

Silence Again from DJI? How out of character.

http://appreviewtimes.com/ says 8 days on average. "IF" the app was sent for review on the 16th that would mean the 24th or just to add an extra day the 25th for approval or denial (Apple reviews apps on the weekend)  depending on your area of the world. Its now the 31st in the US. If it was denied does anyone believe DJI would announce it? I have dealt with other companies (Serpent and Nova Rossi amongst others) but I have never dealt with a company that just doesn't seem to care about customer service or truthful and clear communication. Perhaps its a cultural and or language barrier. It sure would be great to get an email from DJI saying we messed up and will compensate owners in someway for your troubles rather then silence, btw my dealer is still waiting for the prop locks promised last week. Being an Austinite I saw this and it makes me wonder what's going on here and this shows that DJI has questionable business practices. Allegedly zeroing out a joint account and laying the whole office before Christmas????

http://www.businesswire.com/news ... njunction-Hong-Kong

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After a three hour evidentiary hearing, on January 22, 2014, a Judge in Austin, Texas issued an Injunction against Hong Kong Dajiang Innovation Technology Co., Ltd., which is commonly known as DJI Innovations (“DJI China”), a company based in Shenzhen, China, to protect the business of Austin, Texas-based DJI North America, LLC and its minority owner.

“misappropriate DJI North America’s business in total”

Formed in July 2012, DJI North America was designed to serve as the exclusive North American branch of DJI China for sales of its high-end Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, which are used primarily for aerial photography. After North American sales sky-rocketed, DJI China embarked on a course of conduct designed to “misappropriate DJI North America’s business in total,” the Judge determined.

DJI North America and its minority owner brought claims against DJI China for Breach of Fiduciary Duty and Minority Owner Oppression. Upon hearing the evidence presented by both sides, the Judge ruled that DJI North America and its minority owner were likely to prevail at trial on their claims against DJI China.

The Court considered evidence that DJI China misappropriated all the revenue in DJI North America’s revenue account, sought to liquidate the assets of DJI North America on New Year’s Eve, and forced DJI North America to fire twenty employees immediately before Christmas without severance. The displaced employees of DJI North America filled the Austin courtroom for the duration of the hearing and appeared visibly joyful upon hearing the Judge’s ruling.

“This injunction is a necessary victory to protect what these folks worked so hard to create. We are hopeful that DJI China will respect this Judge’s sound decision,” attorney Brad Jackson commented.

In order to stop irreparable harm to DJI North America and its minority owner, the Judge ordered that DJI China must return DJI North America’s access to its bank accounts and its social media accounts. The Judge also ordered that DJI China cease and desist from routing sales around DJI North America to identified North American dealers, which violated the exclusivity agreement.

The Judge ruled that an Injunction was necessary because DJI China was placing DJI North America’s assets in China, out of the reach of the United States Court. The Judge found that DJI China not only placed money from DJI North America’s revenue account into a foreign bank account, but it also directed DJI North America’s customers to make payments directly to a Chinese bank account.

The Court refused DJI China’s request to dissolve a Temporary Restraining Order issued against DJI China on January 6, 2014.

A copy of the Injunction and Judge’s findings may be viewed here.

The Court set the final trial of the matter for August 11, 2014. DJI North America and its minority shareholder are represented by the Law Offices of Brad Jackson and the law firm of Powers Taylor LLP, respectively.

Then in July probably a cash settlement http://law.justia.com/cases/texa ... 03-14-00051-cv.html

2015-1-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Getting hardware certified is completely different than just getting the app Approved. I thought you were the apple expert?
2015-1-31
Use props
kp.iwsltd.email
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Blade Strike.
Are you sponsored by DJI or trying to be ? Your defense for DJI is noted and i feel your politically motivated........(freedom of speech)
I find it hard to believe that the travesty of continual let downs by DJI is found acceptable by you and others.
People need to informed of the truth and forums as such educate people into making that financial decision with quantified information.
Doesn't matter which way you sugar coat it the whole release of the Inspire has been a Joke and sure the Inspire is a work of art but its not so great when its an ornament currently.
2015-1-31
Use props
VTPhotoGeek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3130479 ft
  • >>>
United States

Regarding the 8 day average, with an app as complex as the DJI Pilot app, Apple will definitely take longer to review it. Not only because of the MFi requirements but because it's a very large app with a lot of menus, screens, and functions. They'll test *everything*. It's also not uncommon for Apple to request some changes to an app before it's approved. Sometimes its just silly things like changing button labels, adding accessibility features, adding warnings/disclaimers, or could even be way more complicated things like requesting large changes to the interface or overall design. Each change requested causes delays as it'll need to be resubmitted and everything must be tested again. Apple is definitely tougher on corporations than they are individual developers. For corporations its more like a 20 day average. For MFi hardware it's more like 30-45 days.
2015-1-31
Use props
ausidcstaff.gma
lvl.2

United States

Blade_Strike  I don't think I have every said I was an Apple expert anywhere in my posts. DJI had said through chats and otherwise that it has been submitted for review. But do we as purchasers have any proof? Has DJI posted a screen shot of the submittal form and or status page? It am normally not such a negative and untrusting person, but here are my reasons for doubting DJI

1. Failure to deliver as promise through their online store.
                    a. Ordered a P2 V+ to save on the sales tax. Credit card was instantly charged. Everything was verified per DJI request. Order sat in processing for over a week. DJI's response was it will ship tomorrow. After a few days of broken promises I canceled my order.
                    b. Ordered another TB47 battery from DJI since no one else had them the website advised they would ship 2-3 days after payment was confirmed Credit card was instantly charged. 6 days after payment was confirmed no tracking #s and after 2 days of missed shipping promises I canceled after 5 emails exchanges.

2.  iOS support was stressed and touted non-stop in the Inspire 1 marketing and videos as being available at launch. Shortly after launch the plug got pulled on the app since it was being distributed in a way to circumvent getting approval for the app from Apple. Seriously we are expected to believe that this was just an oversight by DJI? Shouldn't the app be submitted before launch to be sure its ready for launch day? Then removing any instances of iOS support. Seems to be a setup for removing it all together.

3. Prop Locks With all the other issues I read a post (Not an email btw DJI has my email address but has never emailed me once about my registered Inspire 1 but their marketing department emails me weekly sales updates and offers) that you shouldn't fly you Inspire 1 because the props might fly off and not to fly until you get your prop locks. Which I have been waiting and waiting with a grounded bird and as of Friday my dealer has not received them or anything from DJI saying they are inbound. If GM or Cessna released a product and took your payment then says don't drive or fly it you can bet there would be some legal ramifications.

4. Poor customer service. I have chatted with customer support and have found it lacking in any value it is just typing/cut and pasting from the same script over and over again.

5. No public statement from upper management. If DJI is focused on helping its customer base why hasn't DJI President Tao "Frank" Wang made a statement or at least sent an email to its list of Inspire 1 owners apologizing for a poor launch and promises of fixing the issues with due by dates rather then silence? I guess he is laughing all the way to the bank. Does anyone know Mr. Wang's email address maybe he doesn't know how the launch is going?

6. Lack of spare parts a month after launch. How can there still be not any extra batteries TB47s and TB48s readily available a month after launch?  Or even propellers?

7. Unpaid Beta Tester status. At least when I have tested software in the past I was given a free copy in return for my time and effort. DJI has it figured out you pay them $2900 USD to beta test for them. :-)

These are my opinions and observations and I look forward to the posts saying its a great bird I've flown it with no issues with a beta/alpha Pilot app and no prop locks along with the DJI is the greatest company in the world posts. :-)

Ausidcstaff
Inspire 1 Owner and unpaid Beta Tester
PPSEL

2015-2-1
Use props
david.askew.hot
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Regardless of how long it takes apple to approve the app it should have been ready for release date of the inspire 1. I'm sure they have been designing and planning the release of the Inspire 1 for some time now, so for the app not to be ready is just unacceptable in my book.

They may as well just released it without the motors!

That's not forgetting the delays on the second controllers and batteries!

I've been a loyal DJI consumer for a while now and i'm very disappointed in the way this gone down.
2015-2-1
Use props
jaybee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586201 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

david.askew.hot Posted at 2015-2-1 19:50
Regardless of how long it takes apple to approve the app it should have been ready for release date  ...

I feel your frustration. I've been a DJI customer for just over a year and one important thing I've learned is practically *every* new product they launch is plagued with teething problems. None of this surprises me!

In fact, I'm actually in the market for an Inspire1 but I am patiently waiting for all these issues to clear up before I hand over more cash to DJI.

They make great products, but early adopters get shafted every time. Aside from the iOS app issue, fancy launching this thing with blades that have the potential to fly off, that's unforgivable.
2015-2-1
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"In fact, I'm actually in the market for an Inspire1 but I am patiently waiting for all these issues to clear up before I hand over more cash to DJI."

I would advise you to keep your money and not spend a dime until this company fixes their issues and starts communicating (honest communication) with their customers. So far I see a company that has a culture of deception and dishonesty.

Protect your money. Keep it away from DJI.
2015-2-1
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

st0gas Posted at 2015-2-1 08:12
I want to hear exact date. Not another .. Somebody from dji said. And even better a screenshot of ap ...

Then you need to be asking Apple. It's in their control at this time.
2015-2-1
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-2 01:22
"In fact, I'm actually in the market for an Inspire1 but I am patiently waiting for all these issues ...

This is the second negative post of your I've seen in the past 10 ten minutes. If you so strongly against DJI, I would suggest you sell al you DJI products, close you membership to the forum, move on with you life and stop posting false information and making malicious and unfounded statements.
2015-2-1
Use props
st0gas
lvl.2

Lithuania

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-2-2 01:51
Then you need to be asking Apple. It's in their control at this time.

With all respect, do you read my post? I am asking DJI when it was uploaded for approval (exact date), not APPLE when it will be approved.

And please stop saying we hate DJI, all I want is information. I am ok to wait for a month for approval, but at the moment I feel like app was NEVER UPLOADED FOR APPROVAL. I asked online support, they said 2 or 3 weeks ago....it means they have no idea. What I know for sure, there was a date for prop locks shipping announced, most of people still waiting..you think its normal? I want this bird to fly and make money for me. Would you be happy if a new car should stay in your garage because wheels have to be repaired, then for brake disks and etc?

All I want:

1. DEAR CLIENTS we are working with Apple on solution, next meeting scheduled for ***
2. Hello, during the meeting we agreed ****
3. We uploading app for approval, we will do our best for faster approval.
4. So on and so on....
2015-2-1
Use props
paulkent
lvl.2

United States

@st0gas -- you dont seem to understand the apple process. its very one sided, and apple gives you almost no feedback until they say pass/fail.  they dont take meetings, its all via a web portal.

i'm confident DJI has started the process
there is nothing they can do to expedite it.  apple works at apple-speed, and they have way more money than anyone else
so DJI has to sit patiently or impatiently until the smoke escapes from the apple chimney. they are not invited to observe the proceedings
2015-2-1
Use props
st0gas
lvl.2

Lithuania

I am sorry to say this, but it looks like you never uploaded an app for approval, or you never read their politics. And yes, I was one of those happy developers which had success with this process. You think its luck....I am not.

Please go to this page and read it. LINK

Expedited App Review
If you face extenuating circumstances, you can request the review of your app to be expedited. These circumstances include fixing a critical bug in your app on the App Store or releasing your app to coincide with an event you are directly associated with.

Urgent Bug Fix
If you've submitted an update to fix a critical bug in your app on the App Store and you are requesting an expedited review, be sure to include the steps to reproduce the bug on the current version of your app.

Time-Sensitive Event
For apps associated with an event, we recommend you plan and schedule the release of your app in iTunes Connect. However, if your app is stil in review and the launch of your event is quickly approaching, you can request to have your app review expedited. When submitting your request, it's important to include the event, date of the event, and your app's association with the event.

Please Note: Expedited reviews are granted on a limited basis and we cannot guarantee that every request will be expedited. Sign in to request an expedited review.
2015-2-1
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

st0gas Posted at 2015-2-2 03:12
I am sorry to say this, but it looks like you never uploaded an app for approval, or you never read  ...

(I really hate to support more of this by sending this thread back to the top)

As Blade_Strike mentioned earlier, the process is much different for MFi apps. Your link deals with regular apps.

Remember that the big holdup here is because the Pilot app uses video over Lightning, and therefore requires MFi. Comparing it to a regular app and linking to polices for a regular app is entirely irrelevant, don'tcha think?
2015-2-1
Use props
david.askew.hot
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Right now i dont care what speed the process of the ios app approval is, i just wish DJI was honest with us and told us what was going on... Is that too much to ask after spending thousands of pounds with them?
2015-2-2
Use props
tranchand.wanad
lvl.1

France

They just do an Email to each people who have register their Inspire to say sorry for the delay process an give us some news.  Im a very patient and Cooool but now, I don't understand why they don't do just that  ??? and I start to be a little bit nervous (since 2 weeks I not open my case... )
2015-2-2
Use props
Koavog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359800 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-31 06:27
We do not have an estimation on when Apple will act on our application for the Inspire iOS APP.  We  ...

Ed, On a different note...Any idea when props, Chargers and batteries will be available? Thanks.
2015-2-2
Use props
ausidcstaff.gma
lvl.2

United States

DJI's lack of response reminds me of a song

Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm
Enjoy the silence

Still no word or shipping information for my prop locks.

Ausidcstaff
Inspire 1 Owner and Unpaid Beta Tester
PPSEL
2015-2-2
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a very simple question and I'm not sure if you al are able to answer this.  How will we know when the IOS App has been approved and available at the App Store?
2015-2-2
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

rsghowellnj.gma Posted at 2015-2-3 00:03
I have a very simple question and I'm not sure if you al are able to answer this.  How will we know  ...

Good Question - Is DJI planning on a formal announcement for everyone
2015-2-2
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-3 00:52
Good Question - Is DJI planning on a formal announcement for everyone

Yes, I get that this information is out of the hands of DJI.  What I would like to know is once it is approved, I would assume that they would be the first to know and would want to share its availability with this Forum.  I'm hoping that to be the case.
2015-2-2
Use props
apjr1.verizon
lvl.2

United States

got my locks in NY today
2015-2-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Koavog Posted at 2015-2-2 22:06
Ed, On a different note...Any idea when props, Chargers and batteries will be available? Thanks.

My prop locks are in the mail.  I am not sure about the lipos.  Several dealers have had the TB47 available.  Not many have the TB48.  The chargers have also been available through some dealers/distributers.  You need to do a google search.
2015-2-2
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-2-2 01:56
This is the second negative post of your I've seen in the past 10 ten minutes. If you so strongly  ...

What do you care?  Is he a TROLL now?  because he dares to criticize the almighty DJI?  His comments are spot on and guys like you and that idiot Quad  Pilot from the 'other' blog who thinks he's the expert on all things Inspire1 who can't stand that people have such strong negative feelings towards DJI and the AWFUL roll out of this product, and those of us TROLLS are not allowed to speak our mind? This is not some $100 toy from Brookstone, its a $3000 product and DJI should have thought ahead!!
2015-2-2
Use props
rsghowellnj.gma
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

YES YES YES .... Apple Finally Approved the DJI App ---> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dji-pilot/id943780750?mt=8
2015-2-11
Use props
stevensredmond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8045 ft
Cyprus

The Ipad app is avaliable now
2015-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules