Lollipop or Marshmallow- Which Works Best?
2019 13 2016-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft

Which Andorid OS works best when paired with the Phantom 3 Pro?

2016-9-15
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

IOS, and that's from an Android fan :-)  
2016-9-15
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-9-15 11:15
IOS, and that's from an Android fan :-)

That wasn't his question, which is better IOS or Android? The real question is which works with the Go app better? It's not important which drone we're talking about. For me they both work just fine with the Go app. Some were reporting connection issues with the update, for me it all worked.
2016-9-15
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft

Without a doubt its got to be kit-kat on a tabs.

2016-9-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I have a Nvidea Sheild and I updated it to Marshmallow 6.0 right after I got it. I have been using it for 6-months anyway and can say I haven't had any issues at all. It works great for me.
2016-9-15
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

For Samsung products Lollipop works far better! I've spent days testing the two!
2016-9-15
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-16 01:55
That wasn't his question, which is better IOS or Android? The real question is which works with th ...

True, but if he's shopping tablets based on what OS is on them in all honesty IOS simply works better than Android. I have a Samsung tablet and a Samsung Note 5 phone, I'm far from an Apple fanboy and I try not to get caught up in OS wars, but as an IT engineer that is the SME for mobile connectivity for a large org I had just about any device at my disposal to test and I did. Samsung's for as beautiful as the displays are have  numerous issues and simply don't perform as well as say an iPad Air 2 or Mini 4.
2016-9-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-9-15 22:10
True, but if he's shopping tablets based on what OS is on them in all honesty IOS simply works bet ...

Thanks for this feedback. It sounds like you had all resources at your disposal. Nice to hear from someone who actually has tested these devices. Although, I'm not glad to hear that the "Apple" products are superior.
The reason I say that is just the shear costs of their products, and I guess I have never been a fan for that reason. I'm happy with my android device for now, but sounds like if you really want the best performance you need to settle on an I-Pad. Thanks for your honesty on this subject.
2016-9-16
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

I have 3 devices.
Nvidia Sheild K1
Moto X 2015 pure android edition
MotoG 4 +

First 2 I have had long enough to use 5 for a while and now 6.0.1

Never have I had an issue with them or the android OS.
Those have been used to fly my p3s, p3a, and a current p3p.

I think the actual device more than anything can make or breal how well GO works.

I have SEEN Many issues with all versions of android AND IOS.
One guys device works and another's doesn't, same Ipad or Samsung  etc.

also many iussues seem to be usb  and or lightning cable oriented.

Good luck and have fun flying.

FWIW I update all firmware and OS asap and seem to have no issues with my phantoms for over 2 years and never have needed DJI for anything support wise.

ALSO you will note it SEEMS Samsung doesn't play well with GO lately

2016-9-16
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-9-15 22:10
True, but if he's shopping tablets based on what OS is on them in all honesty IOS simply works bet ...

It seems most issues lately with DJI GO are including the term 'Samsung" when posted.

2016-9-16
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

https://shield.nvidia.com/store/tablet/k1

Probably the best bang for your dollar at the moment android and dji GO wise
works perfectly fine and is only 200.00
2016-9-16
Use props
Pmarten8
lvl.1

NON of them are any better then rest I had load of problems with every android device ive every tired even a few on the supported list still gave me issues

My advice to you is buy an Ipad  ive not had any problems since getting my ipad air and it just works every time  
2016-9-16
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

With a good Android tablet, the Android version makes no difference.
2016-9-16
Use props
r.powell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-9-16 09:29
With a good Android tablet, the Android version makes no difference.

I tried used allot of different devices, The $200. Nividia Shield K-1 is the best, by far, I;ve used. Shield is like an old Ford pick up, always starts, never lets you down.
My buddy, with a P-4 borrowed mine, & has since switched from an Apple something to the K-1. But, they are becoming really hard to find, gamers snap them up
2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules