Complete failure
984 7 2016-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mehmet
New

Turkey

I bought my Inspire 1 pro a year ago and enjoyed it till yesterday. It was a normal day (no wind, no rain) to fly it safely. I actually flew twice in that day. What happen was on the second turn, I flew the drone in half open ceiling building. The drone was flying 2-3 meter above ground and I realized the battery was draining very fast. Then I tried to land the drone on the ground. But it suddenly went up. At the same time I was trying to land it with the controls but the controls wasn't work. It went up as high as 10 mt and touch somewhere up and drop down to ground. It was totally destroyed -two fractured legs, camera and battery. I was so disappointed with it because I was helpless with the controls. I belive there was a firmware bug in that.
I have been using drones almost 3 years and it never happened to me such a thing. this is annoying!!!
Is anybody advise me on what to do???

2016-9-15
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Had it entered RTH? Your comment that the battery charge was falling fast indicates that it very well may have.
If so, you need to cancel it in the app and take control manually as soon as the message appears.

The Inspire had no way of knowing that it was being operated in an enclosed/semi-enclosed environment and was doing what it is programmed to do - that is ascend to the pre-set RTH altitude and make its was home.
Many others have has similar issues with the Inspire ascending into trees when initiating RTH.

It's a send to DJI job to fix it, unless you want to attempt the repair yourself and find parts on ebay, etc.
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear. You would have had the option to cancel the RTH option. Even if the unit is over a year old, you can still send it in for repair.
2016-9-15
Use props
mehmet
New

Turkey

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-16 07:25
I'm sorry to hear. You would have had the option to cancel the RTH option. Even if the unit is over  ...

The problem was that there were no time for me to take action. It happened so fast that I only heard a half second long alarm sound. Before I do anything, the drone fly away and crash. Everything happened within a second. Most probably it entered RTH but there has to be sometime to decide whether I will use it or not. The other thing is that I was 2 meter away from the Inspire. Since I was close to it, shouldn't be dynamic RTH.
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mehmet@mkanca.c Posted at 2016-9-18 14:48
The problem was that there were no time for me to take action. It happened so fast that I only hea ...

There is a warning that tells you that RTH is initializing, did you not hear it and See it ?  Also it can be cancelled in a spit second by pressing the RTH button on the Transmitter as well.  I am sorry but this is user error. ( More than Likely )

Always be sure to have the volume FULL BLAST , this way you hear that the Home Point has been Reorded and that any warning that are audible are heard.
If you review the flight data it will show that a RTH warning was issued .  ( More than likely, I was not there so dont know the exact casue )
I had this happen to me once when I first bought it, I swear there was  no warning but on further examaination I found there was, It is one of those tough and expensive life lessons.  

I do feel  bad that it crashed though.  

donnie

2016-9-19
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

mehmet@mkanca.c Posted at 2016-9-18 20:48
The problem was that there were no time for me to take action. It happened so fast that I only hea ...

Why were you flying the battery pack down to those low levels that critical battery alarm triggered (assuming you have it set at 10%)?
Once you get to anywhere near 3.6v per cell under load you should be bringing it back on deck for a battery change.

I simply do not understand why people constantly risk pushing their packs beyond circa 25% depletion for the sake of a few more seconds of flight!
2016-9-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

My advise is to buy a new inspire and stay out of buildings with the new one
2016-9-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-9-20 16:42
Why were you flying the battery pack down to those low levels that critical battery alarm triggere ...

I couldn't have said it better tharg, I never fly below 30%
2016-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules