Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Props for E800 motor! with prop lock
5137 17 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
guygeva
lvl.2

Israel

Did anyone know if the new version of the 1345 props that DJI advertising will fit the inspire 1?
http://www.dji.com/product/e800

It seems that they have a new way to lock the props to the motor, but the E800 kit motors looks very like the version on the inspire..

I wonder if maybe that's the reason you can not order new porps for the inspire as they are "Out of stock" - maybe DJI waiting for the new version to be complete testing or somthing and they will sell them insted of what we all have got with the inspire?

2015-1-30
Use props
joeztan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5660620 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It appears there will be two different types of 1345 props:

1345 - The self-tightening ones that we have now.
1345s - The self-locking ones (will require the motor mount).

The motor mount looks like this:

Looks like it is required for the new Locking propellors to lock in.

This is a much better long-term solution than the prop locks that are being sent out (quick, cheap fix as far as I am concerned).

I expect this new locking prop design to be on a future Inspire model. Thank you everyone for beta testing DJI's products.
2015-1-30
Use props
joeztan
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

For those interested the procedure for the new 1345s props are found here in the E800 manual:

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf
2015-1-30
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

Foldable + Tri blade + carbon fiber...
2015-1-30
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Well this is just bloody great! Haven't even got too fly mine yet because of the current faulty design and instead of sorting out their customers first it's make a better motor first...Like it's been mentioned before "Beta testers" open field lab rats with dangerous toys
all the current models should be recalled* ....*voluntarily* as some will argue the current ones are just fine.....But i now feel that the current motors have just made this model of Inspire redundant and flawed.
And it's only been a few weeks or less for some since the arrival of this model........... :@

(old gripe)
2015-1-30
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-1-31 11:00
Well this is just bloody great! Haven't even got too fly mine yet because of the current faulty desi ...

It seems a difficult at best to image all this work on a "new motor" has been accomplished in the past month or two as a result of alleged beta testing by Inspire owners. This could not have been pulled together that quickly.
2015-1-30
Use props
guygeva
lvl.2

Israel

I'll guess that this props+mount will be available for the inspire too.
on the inspire motor there is a place to attache the 2 screws for the mount system.

I think that the fact that DJI not selling the "old" props for the inspire yet is a sign of them want to replace the old method with the new one for the E800.

I can't see why this mount system will not fit the inspire motors. i guess that a new pops kit for the inspire  will be available to purchase soon.
2015-1-31
Use props
joeztan
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI thank you for quickly supplying prop locks so that current Inspire 1 owners can use self-tightening props.

However, these plastic locks are not a long-term solution as they will get lost or break over time. I suggest the company:

1. Ship customers a kit consisting of the E800 motor mount, screws and four self-locking propellors (DJI model 1345s).

2. Offer to do the modification if the customer bring back the Inspire to retailer, distributor or DJI themselves.

3. If and when this new motor mount is implemented on the Inspire, clearly label the new model number so that future customers can identify them.

This is a much better long-term solution and going a step further will earn trust from prospective customers.
2015-1-31
Use props
rick.ricklohre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 905259 ft
  • >>>
United States

What if I purchased from Amazon?
2015-3-26
Use props
gennacide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 551056 ft
  • >>>
United States

They better fix this for all us inspire 1 owners!
2015-3-27
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Just installed the E800 self locking adapters, with the 1345s props.  No issues at all.

Very stable and easy to mount/dismount - just 1/8th of a turn!   You'll need two packs of props and 2 packs of the adapters.  The screws have a dab of locktite on them.
Multicopter Warehouse had them on Tuesday.
Inspire_1.png
Inspire_2.png
2015-3-27
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered mine on Tuesday and I received them this morning by 10 o'clock from DJI
2015-3-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Note several dealers have announced that DJI will be sending 3 sets of props and the locking base to all owners.  Check with your dealer.
2015-3-27
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-28 08:37
Note several dealers have announced that DJI will be sending 3 sets of props and the locking base to ...

Thanks Ed.  Unfortunately, I'd ordered mine the day before the announcement surfaced.
2015-3-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJDMike Posted at 2015-3-28 09:08
Thanks Ed.  Unfortunately, I'd ordered mine the day before the announcement surfaced.

I ordered some as well.  You can never have too many props.
2015-3-27
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-28 08:37
Note several dealers have announced that DJI will be sending 3 sets of props and the locking base to ...

I'm still confused a little
I bought mine through a camera retailer here in West OZ land Do i have to contact them and have them say "Bollocks" and not bother?
or will DJI send them out directly to all that have registered their birds and have logged their address with DJI?
Or just people who bought directly through DJI.
2015-3-27
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-28 10:47
I ordered some as well.  You can never have too many props.

That's fantastic, Ed. Thank you for letting us know.
2015-3-27
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why are these not available in the uk, when I try and order it says not available in your country
2015-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules