Cameras on the phantoms
1283 4 2014-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Millbags
New

Australia

Can the new gopro hero 4 be attached to the phantom 2 and if so can what the camera sees be transmitted to the phone on your controller with the appropriate app?
If not can the camera the phantom 2 has built in be removed at will and replaced with a gopro?
2014-9-30
Use props
wagner_peter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

I'm also really interested in this.

I don't think I could ever give up the convenience of the 2V+ with the FPV and being able to start/stop video, snap pics on the fly, etc. via a smartphone or tablet. Can you even do that with the GoPro models?

But at the same time, the new GoPro leaves the 2V+ quality in the dust.

Ultimately, I'd either love for the GoPro models to have all the remote capabilities that the 2V+ has, or I'd just rather have DJI kick up the photo/video quality up a BIG notch and offer it as an upgrade to 2V+ owners.
2014-9-30
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

wagner_peter@ms Posted at 2014-9-30 19:18

I don't think I could ever give up the convenience of the 2V+ w ...

The official release date for the GP4 is 10/5/14.
Only a select few have them right now.
And fewer than that are probably considering your question.
I'm already seeing comments on having to Dremel places on the H3-3D for button clearance.
Give it a little time, and I'm sure there will be answers...
2014-9-30
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

wagner_peter@ms Posted at 2014-9-30 19:18

I don't think I could ever give up the convenience of the 2V+ w ...

It is my understanding that there is a small weight issue with the new GoPro Hero 4.  It weights less and therefor the gimble needs to be rebalanced.  The current fix is the addition of a penny to the gimble turret.  There may also be an issue with the gimble interfering with one of the buttons on the side of the camera, which would be the bluetooth button.
2014-9-30
Use props
wagner_peter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Thanks, that's all really interesting!

I didn't realize it, but there's a remote app for GoPro cameras (http://shop.gopro.com/softwarean ... o-App.html#/start=1). It looks like it works over WiFi. Anyone have any experience with this? Does it work with the DJI WiFi range extender that comes with the V2+?

I take it that with the GoPro version of the V2 you can't control the camera angle... what are the tradeoffs of having the GoPro model?
2014-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules