Phantom 2 necessary upgrades
1172 2 2016-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliphlier
lvl.1

United States

As a new owner of a Phantom 2 on its way. I was hoping to get some advice on the necessary upgrades that I should look into to get the most out of the older platform. As is I have the H32D gimbal and GoPro 3. As for FPV the quad is equipt with Immersion 600MW TX, circular polorized antenna, iOSD mini. I have looked at the DJI AVL58 5.8GHz video downlink kit but would like to know which gives better range and video quality. The only other upgrade I have found (as its kind of difficult to tell what is compatible with the old Phantom 2) was the DJI 2.4GHz Datalink. Are there many upgrading to the datalink for groundstation? Is it worth it? Thanks for any input you might have. I appreciate every opinion and reasoning as I am new to the product. i am doing a lot of reading on my own but it is alot of help when those with experience put in their 2 cents. Thanks so much guys.
2016-9-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The P2 is a great aircraft, but if you were able to get a P3 Advanced then you have all the FPV stuff built into the DJI GO app.
2016-9-16
Use props
Heliphlier
lvl.1

United States

I would like a 3 advanced but the get so much more expensive. I am always looking for used equipment. I purchase the Phantom 2 with the H3-2D gimbal, 600mw TX, iOSD mini with the smart battery and backpack for $270 shipped to Maui. I haven't found a Phantom 3 used for under around $800. Eventually I will find one but in the meantime I will be playing around with this one. I just want to have all the features I can add while I search for the P3. My P2 has the V1 controller without the dial. I am going to order the next version the V2 that has the dial. I was told and read that the V2 is compatible with all P2. I have another thread asking about this. Thank you so much for your input. I can't wait to get started and get familiar with the Phantom line of quads. I have several racers and I have been flying 3d helis for about 11 years.
2016-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules