Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is this battery safe to use?
844 5 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
katokristof.ema
lvl.1

United States

Okay so idk if i'm just being paranoid or if there actually is a problem here, but I want to ask all of you. Is this battery safe to use or not? I noticed the edges are a tad puffy and with all the lipo scares out there it has me wondering what I should do. Or is this a normal/factory deal and the battery is safe to use?

IMG_8087.JPG
IMG_8088.JPG
IMG_8089.JPG
IMG_8090.JPG
2015-1-30
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.4

United States

This normally happens when DJI batteries are stored fully charged for long periods of time. If you have the current battery firmware installed, your batteries will auto discharge to a safe level after 10+ days in storage. So, this should never happen if using the latest firmware.

I've never heard of a battery like this leaking, exploding, catching on fire, etc. It is definitely damaged though. And, if you choose to continue to use it in your Phantom, you might run into issues like a forced auto land at the Phantom's current location because it thinks the battery is dead. There are no doubt various other fun scenarios that could pop up due to using damaged batteries.

If your battery is under warranty, you should be able to return it to DJI. So, that might be option for you as well.

If you'd like to purchase a new battery, you can find a good deal on Amazon at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=KA4TGMCG6PAXU3J6
2015-1-30
Use props
rod
First Officer

New Zealand

Hi, it looks a tad puffy but no way of really knowing.  When you plug it in to your phantom and then into the assistant software, are there any large disparities between the cells or any warnings coming up on the battery screenpage?
Rod
2015-1-30
Use props
katokristof.ema
lvl.1

United States

rod Posted at 2015-1-31 09:30
Hi, it looks a tad puffy but no way of really knowing.  When you plug it in to your phantom and then ...

No, everything seems to be working fine and there are no warnings popping up.
2015-1-31
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Batteries puff up because of heat. Causes of heat is the battery being stressed in some way increasing the internal resistance, also including physical damage.
stressing comes from, Volts too high, Volts too low, Wrong spec battery for motor/esc set up. ie too low amp delivery. Ambient temps effect internal resistance effecting the amp delivery.
2015-1-31
Use props
sean.moore.esq.
lvl.2

United Kingdom

PhantomHelp Posted at 2015-1-31 09:04
This normally happens when DJI batteries are stored fully charged for long periods of time. If you h ...

are you an Amazon Associate ?

2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules