Upload Unlock Information failed
3899 7 2016-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

I tried to fly today since the new GEO platform and I am in a yellow zone...Went to DJI website to unlock...said "successful", but I'm getting an error on my screen that say "Upload unlock information failed...Unknown error.  Error ID(411).

In red it says "cannot take off".....

How can I correct?  Very frustrating....
2016-9-16
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

I didn't realize the new GEO program was in place (have not flown in several weeks), so when I went to "camera view" to check all my settings as part of my preflight check, I saw the message of being in a yellow zone, and was asked for authorization or "no."  I clicked "yes" and when prompted, I entered my email and PW, and then I got the error message.  I then went to the website to read about this new process, and did the prior authorization on line...so not sure if that's what fouled up things or not.  

I eventually deleted the DJI app and reinstalled it on my iPad mini, and then I received the two boxes to check and all is fine now.  But, I also have a 24 hour authorization for my area, which may be why it's working now.  

All this happened on my back porch where I had internet access.  Would like to know why I received the "error" message as described in my first post....Everything was locked up despite, closing the app and turning on and off both the drone and the RC.  Not until I deleted and re-installed the app, did I get things to work properly.  

As an fyi, I'm 4.2 miles away from a very small, private airport that only 2 seaters fly in and out of....About 1-2 per day.  
2016-9-16
Use props
vkantabu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62592 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the same error code. Unfortunately the two zones I'm in aren't even on the online preauthorization map.  I'll try reinstalling DJI Go.  Thanks for the tip.  What a pain!
2016-10-26
Use props
fans4df7c70f
New

United States

Tripper Dog Posted at 2016-9-16 20:14
I didn't realize the new GEO program was in place (have not flown in several weeks), so when I went  ...

Thank you. The same thing was happening to me. I wasn't even in any sort of zone when I tried to take off but I reinstalled the app and everything seems to be working fine now.

thanks again
2016-11-23
Use props
fansbc313b46
New
Flight distance : 202005 ft
United States

I am an FAA licensed UAV operator and I have clearance fro. The airport and I have been flying in this spot for 4 years.  I just lost another $500 job because of DJI and there ever increasing bull... and worse, the mismanagement of one of the greatest new tools in our society.  I travelled 180 miles back to where I used to be based for a great job.  Couldn't lift off because of their mismanagement of their safety schism. I ran back to the hotel and did the unlock for an area that shouldn't need unlocking  and now I'm back to find that I still cannot take off.  I cannot uninstall because I have the 4 Pro+.  It is DJI's controller.  This company has actually always sucked.  Their design is great, their apps and management is absolutely the worst.  If they were a McDondalds your food would come out still partially frozen because these guys put ... out that isn't ready every fucking time. Every year it is one bull... thing after another.
My Drones are for sale after this. Done with DJI!
2019-5-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansbc313b46 Posted at 5-18 13:22
I am an FAA licensed UAV operator and I have clearance fro. The airport and I have been flying in this spot for 4 years.  I just lost another $500 job because of DJI and there ever increasing bull... and worse, the mismanagement of one of the greatest new tools in our society.  I travelled 180 miles back to where I used to be based for a great job.  Couldn't lift off because of their mismanagement of their safety schism. I ran back to the hotel and did the unlock for an area that shouldn't need unlocking  and now I'm back to find that I still cannot take off.  I cannot uninstall because I have the 4 Pro+.  It is DJI's controller.  This company has actually always sucked.  Their design is great, their apps and management is absolutely the worst.  If they were a McDondalds your food would come out still partially frozen because these guys put ... out that isn't ready every fucking time. Every year it is one bull... thing after another.

Nice rant, no need for language though.
2019-5-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think it's a bit of a learning process.

I think your comment...

...one of the greatest new tools in our society...

...is true but a lot of that is due to DJI.  

I unlocked a yellow zone just a few hours ago and flew just fine.  

I can't comment further because there's really no detailed info in your post regarding the zone you were in.  With more info, we may be able to help you.  Chances are good that you made an error.  

Good luck.  

2019-5-18
Use props
John Franklyn
lvl.1

United States

fansbc313b46 Posted at 5-18 13:22
I am an FAA licensed UAV operator and I have clearance fro. The airport and I have been flying in this spot for 4 years.  I just lost another $500 job because of DJI and there ever increasing bull... and worse, the mismanagement of one of the greatest new tools in our society.  I travelled 180 miles back to where I used to be based for a great job.  Couldn't lift off because of their mismanagement of their safety schism. I ran back to the hotel and did the unlock for an area that shouldn't need unlocking  and now I'm back to find that I still cannot take off.  I cannot uninstall because I have the 4 Pro+.  It is DJI's controller.  This company has actually always sucked.  Their design is great, their apps and management is absolutely the worst.  If they were a McDondalds your food would come out still partially frozen because these guys put ... out that isn't ready every fucking time. Every year it is one bull... thing after another.

Hello,
I'm using an ipad pro 2019 for my display. I'm running ios version 13. I live in the Houston TX area, so we have lots of restricted zones. When I unlock a zone, I have to remove and install DJIGO4 on my ipad in order to see the unlock for my controller. This is a huge bug and should be fixed. I have also lost money because I could not unlock a zone.
2019-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules