Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help (M600) making movements when not moving controller sticks
920 5 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cory W
lvl.3
Flight distance : 137953 ft
Canada

Hey everyone,
I've put my M600 together with no problems, finally got everything done and ready for 1st test flight. My self and my buddy went out in a safe location for my first test flight, software up to date, did compress calibration, batteries fully charged, remote controllers as well, not any type of signal interference, we were in a forrest area, middle of no where. M600 was in PGPS mode with 19 sats, DJI go app said on top left corner IMU initializing then said safe to fly. fingers crossed, started motors, did my little pretest of making sure motors were respawning to remote controller, things seemed good, gave about 40 percent to left air craft to about 6 feet, then I never gave any movement of sticks, 2 seconds later the drone start dafting by it self, moving soft of in a forward circle pattern, I started to try to get air craft under control again, I stayed calm the whole time this was happening, after about 43 secs of its doing this, I got it to a slow down enough speed to land it, flying my inspire 1 for about a year really helped me in this event, if I had no drone flying experience, it probably would have crashed
After all that happened, me and my buddy thought maybe compress calibration did not work the first time, so we did another one, in my calm mode, I started it all over again and same thing happened again but this time is was like for 1:17 secs, safely landed it again. I went over my DJI go app flight log and speed was around 1.5 M/S sometimes, I think I did well in preventing a crash twice. We have thought about everything  that may be causing this prblem again, then we realized we have failed to do a IMU calibration when I put air craft together
does anyone think that is probably the problem ??

Thanks

2016-9-17
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi, the Go app will do a imu cal before flight and will not go green until its ok. If it has a problem you get a warning. I think I read someone else had this toilet boll issue on a previous thread, could be worth a look to see if there was an answer.

r
2016-9-17
Use props
Cory W
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks for help, I've tried again today and same thing, I wonder if I downgrade the firmware it may fix issue ?
2016-9-18
Use props
Cory W
lvl.3
Canada

It's funny that no one from DJI even bothered to comment on my problem. I figured it out my self and my M600 is working normally now, best thing to do when you get a problem with a DJI product, is to figure it out your self lol
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Cory W Posted at 2016-9-27 12:44
It's funny that no one from DJI even bothered to comment on my problem. I figured it out my self and ...

I do apologize that this was missed. Good to hear you were able to resolve your issue. When it comes to toilet bowl effects, you always want to check you X,Y and Z values for your GPS installation and whether you need to make any changes to your center of gravity due to adding gimbals. An IMU calibration, as ricci2 suggested, is a good recommendation as well. Always ensure your firmware is up to date.
2016-9-27
Use props
Cory W
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-27 16:10
I do apologize that this was missed. Good to hear you were able to resolve your issue. When it com ...

Thanks
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules