Phone connects but gimbal doesn't respond - Video included
927 4 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mVcKyUL3B0mf
lvl.1

Cyprus

This morning the DJI Osmo Mobile was working fine (apart from super fast battery discharge but that's another issue) and I was able to shoot footage. Now when I attach the phone to the Osmo, switch on the Osmo, connect to the DJI Go app the Gimbal does not response at all even though the phone and Osmo seem to be paired. I'm attaching a video, I'm hoping I'm doing something wrong but from what I saw from the DJI videos I'm follow the correct order of things: attach phone to gimbal, power on gimbal, open DJI Go app and connect:

PS. At the end of the video I'm showing the time so that in exactly an hour's time I can switch the Osmo Mobile back on and see the battery level which you can see from the video is at 75% when it was switched off.
2016-9-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you got a defective unit
2016-9-17
Use props
mVcKyUL3B0mf
lvl.1

Cyprus

Here's a second attempt taken exactly an hour later. In the first video you could see I switched off the Osmo Mobile completely off. In the one hour it was switched off the battery level dropped from 75% to 56% without being used at all. My second attempt at getting the gimbal to function didn't work either:

Video 2 shot at 2:34pm

My experience with the Osmo Mobile is starting to get really frustrating...
PS. you can see the thread about the battery drain here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=63715
I first new there was a battery issue when I charged it 4 hours on Thursday night and woke up Friday morning to find the battery completely empty.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, the unit seems defective, please contact support@dji.com  to send it in for an exchange. Also, what's the firmware version of your Osmo Mobile?
2016-9-19
Use props
FrustratedOsmoM
lvl.1

United States

Hi Thor,

The version number is DJI Go App version v2.9.1 (472) so its the latest release.
I'm in touch with DJI support now and we're discussing our options since they don't have any replacements in stock at the moment and I need the Osmo Mobile in three weeks as I'm flying from Cyprus to New York then for a video project. Fingers crossed they come up with a satisfactory resolution.
2016-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules