Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Xiaomi Mi Pad
673 1 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
golf_sierra
lvl.3

Germany

After having flown my P3A with an outdated Trekstor breeze 7.0 quad tablet, I bought myself a Xiaomi Mi Pad (not the new Mi Pad 2).

It's listed on the DJI list of tablets / smart phones, that are fully compatible with the DJI Go app.

It sells for 110 - 120 €  (122 - 134 USD) on German ebay for a brand new item.

I assess this 7.9 inch tablet as a perfect choice for flying DJI drones. The CPU runs at 2.2 Ghz, it comes with 16 GB of internal RAM and a very bright display, which had been a major problem I had with my old tablet on sunny days.

I really can recommend this tablet as an excellent and cheap alternative to the Apple iPad mini 2. See some specs here:
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_pad_7_9-review-1121p3.php

2016-9-17
Use props
golf_sierra
lvl.3

Germany

I'd like to add that the tablet came not in a German localized version, in fact, I could not select Germany. I set it up in English (US) and therefore was able to patch the DJI GO app and to have 32 channels to manually choose from.

I also use a display hood in bright sunlight, which gives me a cristal clear, bright display with excellent visibility of all menus and data.

I LOVE it! So much better than my old tablet.
BTW: My old Trekstor tablet (1.2 GHz CPU) occasionally crashed the app which never occured in 5 flights since I use the Mi Pad.
2016-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules