12Next >
3485 56 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50587 ft
United Kingdom

I just bought my New Inspire 1, a day go and was waiting for Saturady. I have just changed both RC and battery and started conencting my Inspire 1.

At first start RC shows me red LED which is normal and I tested the RC by connecting it with Inspire and its auto conencted. I also tested the RC by moving my Inspire 1 from Travel mode to Flight mode and all well.

After that, on Go App it shows me firmware update messange I started updating the firmware updation on my RC. Downloading goes well and OK. While installing all are Okay up to 95% (with Blue LED and beeps and all was fine) and after 95% it failed and no further responce from RC. after waiting an hour I have decided to restart the RC and after restart the RC the LED status is no more RED and no more beep confirmation. LED status showing light blue/green kind of colour which is not mentioned on Manual as well and its no more conencting to my Inspire

I have checked the version and its showing as unknown.

I have tried all stuff and even tried restoring it to older version but no luck. I am so dissappointed that I have not even fly it once nor even start the moters of my inspire and this version problem.

Can anyone please help how can I get all things working back to normal?

While updating version on my RC it shows the version which is going to update was 1.6.xx

2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

NEXT 4 POST ARE FOR YOU , READ THEM ALL BEFOERE DOING ANYTHING

Ok first thing you need to do is rollback to 1.58, more than likely that is where you started, then re-establish communication with the aircraft, I am going to give a link on how to do so.
What are you using for Go app? Is it on the apoproved list ? If it is not , then stop and re laod the go app to approved device and  continue.  If it is an approved device continue reading.  

Once you get the RC back to 1.58  and have established communication back with the Aircraft I want you to take a deep breath and start over.

First thing is you need to update the Aircraft Before the RC. ( Wait till I give you the OK please )   I want you to read my tips page after you get this first part sorted.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

You dont happen to remember the ORIGINAL version on the RC before you updated do you ?  more than likely 1.58 because 1.6 is next in the Q.

So lets start here with the video below and get the RC rolled back.  Do not try and Re link or even turn on the Aircraft at this point ( Until you rollback to 1.5 ) , it will only get worse till we get the RC rolled back

donnie

2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Make sure you have a solid wi fi internet connection to the go app.  Press the button on the top right hand corner looks like graduation cap for at least 10 seconds, if you get rollback options you are there.  Get back to 1.58, the large oval can sometimnes scroll so do that if you cant find 1.58
AIRCRAFT IS OFF DURING UPDATING, NEVER HAVE THE AIRCRAFT ON WHEN THE RC IS UPDATING AND VICE VERSA

2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

This is what I am referring to , if 1.58 does not show up in this oval try to "Scroll"  if 1.58 is there then load it and dont worry about scroll
scroll.PNG
2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Also the reason it will not connect is the update ( TO THE RC transmitter )  will no longer match the aircraft.  once you get this rolled back and re establish communication with the Aircraft we are going to start over.

That means updating the Aircraft FIRST.

DONNIE
2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

If for some reason you cant rollback to 1.58 let me know .  I will need a screen shot of exactly what it says like in post #4  .  This way I will know what to do.  
donnie

I have given plenty of homework for now :

rollback - re establsish communication tO  aircraft  BY ROLLINGABACK TO 1.58

READ MY TIPS PAGE.

DONT RE LINK , DO NOT RESET, DO NOT UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT,  PLEASE.

i WILL CHECK BACK IN AN HOUR FROM RIGHT NOW TO SEE HOW YOU ARE GETTIN ON.

DONNIE

2016-9-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-17 10:44
If for some reason you cant rollback to 1.58 let me know .  I will need a screen shot of exactly wha ...

Sorry I missed you, I came back as promised, I will try to check back or other members may be able to chime in .

gone flyin be back later !

good luck

donnie
2016-9-17
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Okay so here is the thing. I am stuck on the first step itself. The RC is not going back to 1.58 and somehow its download the firmware but while installing rather showing me install button it says "Firmware Refresh" as I have attached in image below.

I am using Iphone 6sPlus with IOS 9.3.5 and also have Android Galaxy Note II with OS 4.4

If I continue doing refresh as I no option to choose any other, it shows me installing and start beeping as I showed in video. (Please ignore the communication as my girlfriend is getting irate with the notice)

While installing this firmware, mobile shows it stop installing firmware as you can see in video but it still continue beeping more than 30 min and till I not turn off the device manually.

I have tried installing firmware using flash drive and card reader as well but no joy. I am so afraid with this now.

Please observe the color of LED its showing while it is not doing anything. in spite of RED its kind of light blue green.

Device Disconnect

Device Disconnect

Firmware Refresh

Firmware Refresh
2016-9-17
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I also not even activated it and feeling so bad that I not even get a chance to start the motor once and this RC is like dead now.
2016-9-17
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Donnie. I was searching some post and found this http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html
I just used 1.6 bin file and all Well. My RC start beeping well and come back to normal as it was. below are the snaps. This bin file if like God to me now.

However, as you can see my RC is with 1.6.0 and I am trying to remove my aircraft from flight mode and it is not responding. I know its just because the firmware is still old on my aircraft. I am very afraid to touch the Aircraft now. Can you please help what should I do now? Do i have to update my Aircraft as well with this 1.6 bin file?

How can I make sure my both RC and aircraft is well and up to date with all latest firmware? and what precaustions now I have to take in case of failuer of update?

Another problem was I am continuesly fail to activate my Inspire while using on iPhone. it says Server conenction error or try later. Annoying really.

RC FW details

RC FW details

Aircraft FW error

Aircraft FW error
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-18 04:47
Thanks Donnie. I was searching some post and found this http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html
I ...

If the aircraft and RC are linking together, then you would want to update the aircraft then RC to the latest firmware. This can help alleviate the activation issue as well. If you want to attempt another activation before the firmware update, try a different mobile device or internet source.
2016-9-17
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Jamie,

As I said, my RC is now on 1.6 however my aircraft is no more reacting to any commands from RC. I suspect this is because my RC is with 1.6 and Aircraft is with old FW. Can you suggest me any resolution for this?
2016-9-18
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

In short my AC is not linking to my RC
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-18 03:59
In short my AC is not linking to my RC

"However, as you can see my RC is with 1.6.0 and I am trying to remove my aircraft from flight mode and it is not responding"  What do you mean by "Flight mode" , do you mean you are stuck in Travel Mode .
If you are stuck in travel mode the Aircraft will not install the Update. You will have to rollback the RC to its original configuration .   Hopefully the aircraft is really not at 1.2 becasue that would make no sense if the origingal RC was at 1.58.  It would not have been able to communicate with the Aircraft if this was so.  
Ok, if you have 1.6 on the RC and the Aircraft does not have a blue flashing light , try and load 1.9 FW to the Aircraft and then see if you can get a connection to  the RC transmitter.

This is not the normal procedure, I think you need an different go app device to tell you the truth. ( even the  yellow circle that indicates the amount of download is not working properly , try an I pad if you can borrow  one and load the go app, it is super simple )  But the update should now work on the Aircraft if you have 1.6 on the RC and No Blue Light flashing on the Ac, this would indicate you are stuck in travel mode.  
The only problem you may have is if the AC is not on version (at least ) 1.3  If 1.9 does not load then  load the 1.3 file and then wipe the sd card and re format and load the 1.9 .
***Make sure you charge the RC transmitter as well to 100%, trying to update with a low battery on the RC is not good.

The strange  thing is the "about " page does not list the "Aircraft Version" it just says 1.2....   If it indeed is this version then you must start with 1.3 and then go to 1.9.

Where did you buy this at ?  If it has all this old FW on it it must have been in stock a LONG time.  

donnie

Inspire fw.PNG
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-17 20:34
If the aircraft and RC are linking together, then you would want to update the aircraft then RC to ...
DJI Jamie ,
Do you see how many times we go through this, when they have a new system the RC says to update so they do....It makes sense, then they git there tit in a wringer....just a few words on the RC Transmitter that says to update the RC after the Aircraft  would just make sense......but here I am again ......SOS  ( Same Old Shi- )  It is just silly .

donnie
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-18 03:58
Hi Jamie,

As I said, my RC is now on 1.6 however my aircraft is no more reacting to any commands fr ...

"As I said, my RC is now on 1.6 however my aircraft is no more reacting to any commands from RC. I suspect this is because my RC is with 1.6 and Aircraft is with old FW. Can you suggest me any resolution for this?"

The above is absolutely correct
2016-9-18
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

You are Right Donnie, I am stuck in Travel mode and cannot update my AC in travel mode. Also you are right the person from which I bought is with him from long time ( Though it was sealed pack).

Also As you said I cannot load 1.9 on aircraft because it is in Travel mode and I only Have RC with me which is now with 1.6.

Just to ADD, I have purchased the another RC which is showing

App Version: 2.9.0
RC: 1.2.0.16+

I am really confused from where I can start and what firmware I can use. I have iphone 6s Plus and cannot buy the new iPAD just now you know how much I have already spent on this bird with 2 RC

If you can please help me how can I get this to normal (Step wise) will be more help with the firmware links.

I am bit afraid with this updation of RC now. I am in UK for next 15 days only and have to return back to india so have limited time to get things sorted and working else its like I have invested 2000£ in rubbish if this not worked properly for me.

2nd RC

2nd RC
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-18 10:03
You are Right Donnie, I am stuck in Travel mode and cannot update my AC in travel mode. Also you are ...

Do me a favor , try and charge the RC battery to 100% then I want you to try to get to 1.5.7 or 1.5.8 on the RC rollback AGAIN.  If you could simply delete and re install the go  app that may be helpful also, if you can get back to these then try to get out of travel mode.  If that wont work continue below .  

Have you not touched the second RC  ( I hope )  I think you updated it but not sure , tell me what you did to that .

I want you to re set the Master RC.  with the RC off   You are going to Press the c1 and C2 buttons on the Back of the RC and also the Red record button and also the Right scroll wheel this is the ISO wheel, press it down , you will feel a detent    with all 4 buttons pressed in HARD  turn the RC ON  wait 3 seconds then let go
Ask Girl friend to help .

Then I want you to see if we have a link with the Aircraft . see if will get out of travl mode.

this should bring back to the origianl FW that came with it.
also stay with me for the next hour and lets get this sorted ok , dont leave the computer .  can you do this ??? edit * we must have some delay because you went off line moments after your post......thats ok though

reset.PNG
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

You are Right Donnie, I am stuck in Travel mode and cannot update my AC in travel mode. Also you are ...

Did this other RC come with it, sealed in the case  ??? or you bought it seperate ....IMPORTANT
Below is only if you did  had to resort to the Re-set procedure.

If you are able to res et the RC, hook it back up to the Go app and let me know what version it has reverted to also  be sure to look at the Remote control settings page and make sure we are still on the MASTER setting if it has gone to" Off"  let m know.
If you were able to re- set the RC to an earlier version  ( If still at 1.6 dont do this next step )  but still cant communicate with the Aircraft then I want you to go to remote control settings and Re link the aircraft to the RC, just make sure you can find the Re set button inside the white canopy on the right hand side of the aircraft just behind the silver screrw before you start , because it is a timed function.  

follow the re- link directions.  then see if you have re establsihed communicatiion.   Once again onlky do this if it has reverteedd back to an earlier versin on the RC and you were not able to communicate with the Aircraft, make sure the RC is set to master as well, it will sometimes go to off when re set.

donnie

2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

You dont  happen to have noticed what was on the Original version that was on the RC when you started do you.  

donnie
2016-9-18
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good news. ]I have tried updated 1.3 on my another RC and link it to the AC ( as a Master) and it worked and I managed to make may AC in Flight Mode from Travel mode. after that I have Updated the AC with the v1.9.1.30 and ALL GOES SMOOTHLY and FINALLY I am on 1.9 on my AC.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:05 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

====================
Packet: /mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.06.0000.bin,
Upgrading ...
Result: Success

I was still on my RC with 1.3 so I did the step wise update it to 1.5 and then to 1.6 and all goes well. Now I am on 1.6 on my RC and AC with 1.9. Good thing is its all responding.

to update my RC using thumbdrive however I think I have to make it to 1.7 then 1.8 and then 1.9 because If I am updating it directly from 1.6 to 1.9 it is not even starting the update process.

Can you now tell me how can I update my RC to 1.9? Also if you can help me with the FW links for 1.7 and 1.8 will be more helpfull. I am okay to be online with you and I have to sort all this in today.

Here are the answers of your questions

Did this other RC come with it, sealed in the case  ???  - > yes it was sealed and I bought it separately but on same day.
I am not leaving my PC today until my RC's not get up to date with 1.9
2016-9-18
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Also I am able to get my inspire Activate in one go with my AC name to DheerajSoni. If that help you anyhow
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-18 12:08
Also I am able to get my inspire Activate in one go with my AC name to DheerajSoni. If that help you ...

Ok ,  you are making progress, keep in mind  ( If you read my tips page )  that the RC and the Aircraft do not have the same versions of firmware.
Try to update to 1.7 with the go app if you can, my 1.7 file may not work  ( You can try of course )

If you have 1.9 on the Aircraft you are up to date on that , the matching version of firmware for that is 1.6 or 1.7 ( either one of these will work but the latest is 1.7 )  on the RC. ( 1.8 and 1.9 are not for the RC  transmitter  )

So if you can get both your RC to 1.7 you are up to date.  also  keep in mind you can  have only ONE master, the other will have to be the slave.
If I were you just get both RC transmitters to 1.6 , go out and fly and have fun, then when you have some time, try to get to 1.7.  The update to 1.7 on the RC was not much of an update and only addresed a couple minor issues.  Of course if you want to feel free to try now, but you will more than likely need the Go ApP just like you have been doing.

donnie  

2016-9-18
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

That is very helpful indeed. Can you help me with the 1.7 URL to update my RC using Thumb Drives? I still feel its a safe way rather depend on Wifi and loose connections between my phone and RC.
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-18 12:21
That is very helpful indeed. Can you help me with the 1.7 URL to update my RC using Thumb Drives? I  ...

You can try but like I say , some members have been having issues with my Bin file on 1.7.  Just load it like you did from 1.6 and give it a go .

It may not work though.  
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1/C1_FW_v01.07.0040.bin
2016-9-18
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Donnie to the rescue.
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

That is very helpful indeed. Can you help me with the 1.7 URL to update my RC using Thumb Drives? I  ...

Re read post 23 i have a tendency to edit and you may have missed a comment or two.
were you able to update  the RC at all using go app ?  if the above does not work , let me know .  
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Just like Spider-man !
2016-9-18
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Okay so here is the Shi*

I have tried updating my RC from 1.6 to 1.7 via Go App. I have downloaded the firmware was OK. while installing it beed only once and LED turned to like it was happens me first time ( Blue/Green) and now its dead.

I really feel updating RC using APP is crap. I am going to give try with the URL you shared now. but, I think now I have roll it back to 1.6 first ( like it was working before.
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Keep in mind that only one is the master ( RC )  and one is the Slave.  The one you have right now that is communicating with the AC is the master, the other one you will make slave.  The master is the ONLY ONE LINKED TO THE AIRCRAFT  the slave is connected to the master only .  Once you get the updates complete on the RC's  you will go to remote control settings and with the slave and master on and "Find" the master form the slave RC.  The aircraft is NOt on or involved in this process.  

I just wanted to give you a heads up on this process.  This will be after you get the Remotes updated to both at 1.6 or Both at 1.7.  

donnie
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-18 12:32
Okay so here is the Shi*

I have tried updating my RC from 1.6 to 1.7 via Go App. I have downloaded  ...

No you do not roll it back anywhere, if you were trying to load 1.7 and it failed you should still be at 1.6.  Unless you tried to update from 1.58.

do you see what I mean.  You can check what version is loaded by plugging that RC to the Go App
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Okay so here is the Shi*

The problem I really think is in the Phone, did you happen to delete and re install the App ? you nay have a corrupt file in the Go app that wont let you upgrade this way till you do so.  Or borrow another I phone and load go app.

donnie
2016-9-18
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

now its not showing any version so I can downgrade it and I am stuck. Please check the LED status and Error I am getting.

LED with no Sound

LED with no Sound
Screenshot_2016-09-18-18-36-05.png
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Okay so here is the Shi*

Keep working on it, I have to take care of some family matters but will check back later.  

Like i said 1.6 will work but keep trying to get to 1.7

Go out and at least test fly with the Master and have some fun with it also, just go slow and land with 50% battery or at the very least 40% till you understand all the settings.

donnie

good luck for now , keep me posted I am interested in your progress

2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-18 18:27
DJI Jamie ,
Do you see how many times we go through this, when they have a new system the RC says t ...

Providing a more consistent message is something that is being worked on.
2016-9-18
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well At last I am done. This 1.7 is not going to install on my RC and I am happy with having 1.6 on both of my RC's ( Master + Slave)

Can you guys please confirm if 1.6 is the perfect version I can use with AC firmware 1.9 ? As my AC is already on 1.9 now.
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-19 04:43
Well At last I am done. This 1.7 is not going to install on my RC and I am happy with having 1.6 on  ...

I can't tell you if it's the "perfect" version, but it will work with the 1.9 firmware.
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-18 13:36
Providing a more consistent message is something that is being worked on.

Thanks brother, sorry , did not mean to be pissy.  Just takes alot of effort to unwind these issues.  

donnie
2016-9-19
Use props
mark-frei
lvl.1

Germany

Go to http://www.dji.com/de/inspire-1/info#video an try "Inspire 1 Tutorials - How to link the Remote Controller
Inspire 1 Tutorials - How to link the Remote Controller"
2016-9-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-18 15:43
Well At last I am done. This 1.7 is not going to install on my RC and I am happy with having 1.6 on  ...

More than one member is having trouble loading 1.7 to there RC, I would just wait till the next update comes along for the RC.  Please remember even if the RC says an update is ready to be downloaded , dont do it till you see if there is one for the Aircraft as well, then update the AC first.  I am lobbying DJI to change the wording on the RC..... that is the reason for my above exchange with DJI Jamie .

RE read me tips page before you update again to give a refresher as  well, bookmark it or write it down on the dust on your dashboard.....

donnie
2016-9-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules