Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help! Firmware Sucks
3476 56 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-19 13:42
More than one member is having trouble loading 1.7 to there RC, I would just wait till the next up ...

There is already Fw 1.8 for the RC but anyway as I stay with 1.3 I am sure not the one testing it
2016-9-19
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50587 ft
United Kingdom

Cool. I am using it with 1.6 for now until its not necessary to go with 1.7 on RC.

I have another query now. I bought the new TB47. I am wondering how can I update the firmware on this new battery and in future if I purchase more new batteries what do I do?

or simply start using it directly will be fine? my old battery which is came with the pack is updated with 1.9 while I was doing my AC update. but now this new one is with which is not used while updating my AC.

Please suggest.
2016-9-29
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-29 11:08
Cool. I am using it with 1.6 for now until its not necessary to go with 1.7 on RC.

I have another q ...

Ok , all you need to do to update  batteries is to place you new battery in the aircraft, Off for now- then load the most current FW on to the SD card just as if you were updating the Aircraft, If you are on the most current this would be 1.9. MAKE SURE YOU LOAD THE CORRECT FW, since you have the Inspire 1 then load that FW and not the PRO or The RAW.  double check this.  Once it is loaded it will only take about 2 -3 min for the upload to complete, then if you have any other batteris you wish to update just repeat the process.
Also stay at 1.6 on the RC for now.  1.7 update for the RC is not playing nicely. Just stay put for now.  Also you can fly with the battery the way it is from the factory  but it will have a pop up warning you to update.  The battery update is crucial in cold weather, warm weather areas not so much .
When finished updating , format the SD card .  dont leave that one in the aircraft or everytimne it starts it will start an update process, you are best to Format theSD card, the file is on your computer, dont erase it and keep for future reference or need.

Have fun- donnie

2016-9-29
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cool Guys. But can you please tell me what should I do with the new battery? should I start using directly out of box? or I have to take any step to make sure the new battery is update with the firmware OR it will (AC) auto take care to update my battery firmware ?

Just confused with it and not sure if I have to use new battery just out of box.
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-30 06:09
Cool Guys. But can you please tell me what should I do with the new battery? should I start using di ...

Preferrably, you would want to ensure that the battery's firmware is the same across all of them. It's good to to fully charge and try with the aircraft to ensure it's functioning properly from the start. If it's not up to date, the Go app will let you know that the update is needed. If an update is needed, follow the suggestions that Donnie provided above.
2016-9-29
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Nice. I have another doubt which is last for sure.

I bought ipad mini which is with 512 RAM. I am using it only for my inspire. Will that be sufficient RAM size? I observe the live video is have jitter on my ipad while streaming from my inspire. Does it becase of slowness of my ipad? Gow can i make the live video smoother while flying?
2016-9-29
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-29 19:47

I bought ipad mini which is with 512 RAM. I am u ...

I hope you bought IPAD mini 2, 3 or 4.  Not IPAD mini only.  The IPAD mini processor is not fast enough.
steve t
2016-9-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-30 07:47

I bought ipad mini which is with 512 RAM. I am u ...

When you are looking at iOS devices, the processor needs to be an A7 or higher in order to run the app properly. If it's an A6 or lower, then it's not recommended.
2016-9-29
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

its iPad Mini
2016-9-29
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-29 17:09
Cool Guys. But can you please tell me what should I do with the new battery? should I start using di ...

Did you read post  #43 ?  

donnie
2016-9-30
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yea. I did. I have update my battery and all fine now.

I already bought iPad mini which is BIG mistake but now I am thinking to invest on Android tablet as they are cheap compare to iPad. Can you suggest any best Android iPad if any ?
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Unfortunately, you would need to be at least one generation newer. Going with as faster processer whe you can would be beneficial in the long run.
2016-9-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-9-30 16:56
Yea. I did. I have update my battery and all fine now.

I already bought iPad mini which is BIG mis ...

Sell the Mini , get an I- pad air Pro with cellular and GPS. This way you can use the follow me mode as well.

good Luck

donnie
2016-10-1
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cool. While updating battery I follow the steps you told me and I have below logs. This is when I am using the new battery. I feel it not made any effect while using new battery.

What you think? Also I ordered the iPad mini 2 with Cellular so should be fine I think.  

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:05 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.09.01.30.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware

on the device.
2016-10-1
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

dheeraj.carver@ Posted at 2016-10-1 10:36
Cool. While updating battery I follow the steps you told me and I have below logs. This is when I am ...

I would get at least the MINI 3, that is my recommendation , 1 and 2 MINI  not enough power.  Just so you know the  Update for the battery wont show up on this page, you will know it is updated because the Go app wont ask for the battery to be updated any more.  
You will not be able to tell the battery is updated by the way in the loags , unless you compare the logs from 1.8 to 1.9 one of the lines will go from needs update to a line of code, I am not sure which one, might be line 1100 of code , not sure .   

****( Not saying mini 2 wont work , just not going to be optimal )
donnie

2016-10-1
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I saw there is not any major difference between 2 and 3 though. I am now trying to play with mini 2 and later after some time will jump on Air 2 ( need to collect some money )
2016-10-1
Use props
dheeraj.carver
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Today I had first flight with X3 attached and was disappointed after watching the recorded video. I was expecting the smooth video as I have with my OSMO however it is with full of jitters and flicker and not smooth at all. Not very sure it is because the SD card I have which is Panasonic came with Inspire itself or something wrong with the setting or camera. Dunno why things not go well in first step for me but I hope its something because of SD card. SD card image is attached here

SD Card came with Inspire

SD Card came with Inspire

2nd I have purchased DJI battery from ebay which is came as sealed pack and brand new with DJI labled. I still have doubt if its the original as the some content on the battery are written in Chinies langugage (left battery in all image) where the one came in box with Inspire is with English (right side battery was came with inspire). both work well but have doubt in my mind if I have to re-order from same vendor or not. below are the images for batteries. Barcode at bottom also looks like same with different serial number with same format as the original one have. How can  I check if it is not cloned ?

Observe the DJI Logo and RoHS Logo on the Left battery which I ordered from ebay (UK seller)

Battery Info 1

Battery Info 1

Battery Info 2

Battery Info 2

Battery Info 3

Battery Info 3

Sorry if these are stupid questions.
2016-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules