Phantom Pro Remote won't Update SOLID WHITE LIGHTS
6990 22 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
corymmartin
New

United States

So i just bought the Phantom Pro updated the drone no problem but the remote wont update. All it does is beep and eventually say its disconnected. I have the Gl300c Remote. The remote lights just now stay solid White all 5 of them and i only have to hit the power button once to tun it on. No way to connect the remote to the drone now.
Please Help!
thanks in advance

2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello corymmartin, Please try to follow below method to update the RC again.
Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
Don’t let go of any fingers, and turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.
2016-9-17
Use props
corymmartin
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-18 09:50
Hello corymmartin, Please try to follow below method to update the RC again.
Turn on the controller, ...

same result. when i turn it back on there still all white .... when i plug it into the iPad it switches to phantom 4 i tap on camera , then no image transmission signal, upgrade........
it says upgrading remote controller..... but the % never moves stays at 0......  and the remote has one blue light then the rest 4 white.....
the iPad says failed to upgrade but the remote just keeps beeping the only way to have it stop beeping is to turn it off.....
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

corymmartin Posted at 2016-9-18 10:02
same result. when i turn it back on there still all white .... when i plug it into the iPad it swi ...

Could you please try to reset the RC and then try to update the RC again?
Try to reset the remote controller :
Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
Turn on the controller and try to do the update again.
2016-9-17
Use props
corymmartin
New

United States

I've tried holding the c1,c2 and shutter on the controller turned it off..... while still holding the three, turned RC back on but all the lights are still on. Tried upgrading RC same result...Fail upgrade

After i have Reset the RC should it go back to one red light and the rest white?..... The RC isn't going back to Normal
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

corymmartin Posted at 2016-9-18 10:50
I've tried holding the c1,c2 and shutter on the controller turned it off..... while still holding th ...

If still no improvement, I'd suggest you to sent it in for evaluation.You can get in touch with tech support at support.us@dji.com.
2016-9-17
Use props
corymmartin
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-18 11:21
If still no improvement, I'd suggest you to sent it in for evaluation.You can get in touch with te ...

I really don't want to send in a 900$ drone that i haven't even flown once
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

corymmartin Posted at 2016-9-18 11:27

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it's better to sent in to our service center for further analysis and fixing.
2016-9-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

corymmartin Posted at 2016-9-18 11:27

Given that the aircraft updated alright, you would just need to send in the RC. I understand that this can be frustrating, but the North American Support team will get you up and running in no time.
2016-9-18
Use props
fansd7d4e9a7
New
Flight distance : 1634 ft
United States

Cory,

Did you ever get yours working? Mine's doing the same thing and of course all DJI can come up with is to try a reset and then send it in.
2017-7-12
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Think you missed a step and a finger press - you said...........

I've tried holding the c1,c2 and shutter on the controller turned it off.....

She said ................

Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
Don’t let go of any fingers, and turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.

2017-7-12
Use props
fans95b6ced5
New
Flight distance : 6332 ft
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-7-12 11:44
Think you missed a step and a finger press - you said...........

I've tried holding the c1,c2 and shutter on the controller turned it off.....

I have the exact same problem.  I went out to fly today and got a notice to update the controller firmware.  It went to 100% then told me to restart the controller.  NOw all I get is a white light and it will not connect.  I have tried resetting according to these instructions.  
2017-9-25
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

fans95b6ced5 Posted at 2017-9-25 15:51
I have the exact same problem.  I went out to fly today and got a notice to update the controller firmware.  It went to 100% then told me to restart the controller.  NOw all I get is a white light and it will not connect.  I have tried resetting according to these instructions.

Hi cory gee when you say you only have to hit the power once on the rc  to turn it on, thats really odd' sounds like a firmware issue alright..have you tried rolling back to previous?
2017-9-25
Use props
fans95b6ced5
New
Flight distance : 6332 ft
United States

PowerBand1 Posted at 2017-9-25 17:19
Hi cory gee when you say you only have to hit the power once on the rc  to turn it on, thats really odd' sounds like a firmware issue alright..have you tried rolling back to previous?

The controller will not connect to the app or to the DJI Assistant 2.  I have tried the C1+C2+RECORD+ISO WHEEL reset and that does not work.  I have tried loading a firmware BIN file onto a USB stick and then rebooting the controller.  

Nothing works.  This controller seems to be bricked.  
2017-9-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

All the more reason to just take a new one out of the box and fly, without messing with anything
2017-9-26
Use props
Scarlet_Spider
New
Flight distance : 5213 ft
Poland

Same here today after upgrading P4 controller to newest firmware!
2017-10-1
Use props
inSight UAS
New
United States

Similar issues, except my first LED is purple.  Bricked...
2017-10-1
Use props
inSight UAS
New
United States

FIXED:  This combination of buttons worked for me.  As soon as I re-started the remote everything came back up and A/C and R/C linked.  Time for a test flight.

I kept all buttons depressed through out the turning off and on process.

Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
Turn on the controller and try to do the update again.
2017-10-1
Use props
Scarlet_Spider
New
Flight distance : 5213 ft
Poland

Scarlet_Spider Posted at 2017-10-1 08:43
Same here today after upgrading P4 controller to newest firmware!

I solved my issue by plugging into a different operating system device - in my case I always used Android phone, and I managed to finish the upgrade successfully only by running the app on iPhone.
So try changing your devices. Hope this helps!
2017-10-1
Use props
Dr. Ken
New
Flight distance : 2274 ft
United States

I had the same problem - the remote controller firmware update failed, I got the very light blue light and could not re-run the updater.  I was using my Samsung Nexus 10 tablet, and on a whim, I remove it, got my LG G6 phone, installed the DJI GO app on it, and connected it up.  I was able to turn ON the remote controller, run the DJI GO app and run the firmware update for the remote controller from that device.  I thought the DJI GO app on my tablet was the most recent, but after my success with the LG G6 phone, I delete the app on my tablet and re-installed it.

The contortionist C1-C2-Record-Right Wheel-POWER BUTTON thing did not work, no matter how many times I tried it.  Heaven forbid you have small hands!  DJI really needs to rethink that one thru...
2017-10-1
Use props
Theeraphon
New
Thailand

Scarlet_Spider Posted at 2017-10-1 11:40
I solved my issue by plugging into a different operating system device - in my case I always used Android phone, and I managed to finish the upgrade successfully only by running the app on iPhone.
So try changing your devices. Hope this helps!

Thank god I saw your post. I used your approach to fix my RC error. I was updating my RC and AC with iPhone X (iOS 11.1.2) and it failed. Messing around with resetting things for a day, finally, I used Android phone instead of iPhone. Voila, I can downgrade/upgrade firmwares on RC.

P.S. If you use iPhone, make sure you use original lightning cable or at least MFI certified cable.
2017-11-20
Use props
djiuser_2i9aay080WUU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1866798 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-17 18:07

my  Phantom 4  is doing this , when i go to Go4 app , it wont let me , sends me to the  GO  app and tells me it is a Inspire 1 , whats with that ???  Also all white lights on the remote , model 300c  ,   
2018-2-17
Use props
djiuser_2i9aay080WUU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1866798 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-17 18:07
Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.

do you turn on controller while still holding the buttons down ?
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules