1316 4 2016-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smoothbassman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344219 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was thinking this week. What if you could put a GoPro on an Osmo Mobile. Is it possible?

I know your phone has to be connected to the device for it to work. Which isn't a real issue when you can grab the phone mount from the regular Osmo, pair it up and get the device online then put another camera on there and go.

So I did some calculations. I think you can make it work and stay inside the weight and size constraints for the device.

So I took it to the next step and designed this. It's smaller than an iPhone 6, and lighter than a Note 7. I have a threaded pin on the right to add weight to further balance it.  

Printing this up next week to try it out.

Once I get it perfected I'll load up the STL files to Thingiverse.
SmartSelectImage_2016-09-18-00-20-34.png
SmartSelectImage_2016-09-18-00-21-07.png
2016-9-17
Use props
wlkngmachine
lvl.1

nice dude looks sweet!
2016-9-17
Use props
smoothbassman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344219 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to make some changes, had to take out weight on the left side after doing further analysis. Honeycombed it on that side Trying to get rid of the pin if possible.  I want both the right and the left side to be balanced.
2016-9-18
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

http://www.thegimbalstore.com/pr ... e-for-evo-sp-gimbal
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You actually don't need your phone for Osmo Mobile to work. An easier way might be just to strap whatever camera you have to your Osmo Mobile's holder, though it might not be able to balance.

Also, does your design include a pin or spring? Something that can lock the camera in place
2016-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules