X5 CAMERA SETTINGS
4268 6 2016-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steven.chenery2
New
Flight distance : 115676 ft

can someone advise the best camera settings for video and pictures?
2016-9-18
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

There is no "best" camera settings. It's entirely dependant on your your light conditions, subject matter and what you're trying to achieve. Same with any photography/videography.
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try to keep the ISO at like 200 seems the sweet spot, the shutter at about twice the frame rate, so  for a 24 fps do like 1/50 shutter speed.  Use some ND filters to help keep the ISO and Shutter Speed and the twice frame rate formula.( This is for video. )

The rest of the setttings can  be adjusted to get the look and feel of the Shot you want.  To show more blur use a longer shutter speed to get motion to stop use a faster shutter speed.  There are a thousand varibales as well.

There is a man on you tube who gives a lot of good advice on this, just go to you tube and type in Dji X5 settings.  Jim Hare gives some good advice too.

Good luck- donnie

first thing to get is some basic ND filters, I like the Hoya brand meself.
2016-9-18
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-18 22:22
Try to keep the ISO at like 200 seems the sweet spot, the shutter at about twice the frame rate, so  ...

Brother Donnie, since you're talking about ND filters ... I have PolarPro set of filters for my X5, but I'm not totally convinced that these are of good quality. I believe they're tinting the images with some purple/yellow-ish haze, but only side-to-side comparison may tell me the truth. I'm expecting my new Apple machine with amazing Retina monitor to arrive shortly ... Do you have any thoughts in that matter?

Cheers.
2016-9-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-9-18 17:02
Brother Donnie, since you're talking about ND filters ... I have PolarPro set of filters for my X5 ...

"Any thoughts on the matter"......I think therefore I am.....

Just kidding, as far as the Filters go I dont like Polar Pro, sent back 3 sets, funny coloration to them and filthy dirty.  I like the Hoya Now .

I have the New I pad Pro with gps/ etc and I love it , beautifulscreen  as well  ( Is this the one you refer to Dobie ? )

brother donnie
2016-9-19
Use props
aledaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,
I have a lot of still life experience and have learned a lot about video lately.

I always shoot ISO 100 if i can. For video less light I shoot att 120/s for bright sunny days 500/s or even 1000/s to keep the aperture around maximum f8 to avoid lens diffraction. I don't find it bad shooting at 2x or 4x or even 8x the frame rate. I always shoot 1080p in 60fps. There is never a problem with beautiful slow motion and for me 1080p is fine. But I wish I had 4k in 240 fps

Color, skarpens and saturation all at 0 and the process in Camera RAW

good luck // Alex www.dawson-photo.com
2016-9-19
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-19 18:03
"Any thoughts on the matter"......I think therefore I am.....

Just kidding, as far as the Filters  ...

Yeah, Polar Pro filters doesn't seem to be the right choice for an demanding photographer. Coloration aside, recently discovered the source of ugly distortion in the middle of frame, caused by glass deformation (!). Nice package, though, but no. I'm in the process of searching for quality replacement, Hoya brand being on the list.

No, Donnie, I'm diving head first into Apple world purchasing iMac computer with 27" 5K Retina display. This $4K worthy decision, however, was inspired by the display quality of iPad Air2 I'm using to pilot my birds. It's totally different experience watching my lifetime photography collection on this screen, which is a decade ahead of anything else in this category ...  
2016-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules