10322 20 2016-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

DJI,
Looking for a list of torque settings for the M600 used at the factory and recomnended settings for scheduled inspections and repair/replacement.
Thanks

2016-9-19
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although I've never seen torque values, they do offer a maintenance manual:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 1.0_en_20160622.pdf

2016-9-19
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
if you have a small torques wrench I would use it to test the bolts on the m600 because the chances of milking a doe-doe, would be higher than getting official figures. My wrench wont go low enough or I would of done it by now. I have noticed on all threads they do have thread locker, i use 222 locktite.

r
2016-9-19
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

I have reviewed the maintenance manual, but it doesn't really tell you anything. For example, if I replace a motor or blades, what is the torque setting? DJI puts torque stripes on the blades, so there must be a setting. I know they come with locktite and I use it as well. I appreciate your replies, but they do not help me when I need torque values for business use to create a legitimate maintenance manual.
2016-9-20
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

hello again,
I can defiantly confirm the prop bolts have a torque setting as I broke two and replaced them but not knowing how tight to do them I overtightened them a bit and I had a vibration until the forces aligned them, I backed them off until the blades felt as lose as the others then the vibration went away. Should you ever get the correct figures would you let us know, would be much appreciated.

r
2016-9-20
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

hi, found this from our bolt supplier.
r

torque chart

torque chart

2016-9-20
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the list. Still looking for a detailed list that I can use to build our maintenance program.

DJI, any luck on a list for torque settings for each part of the Matrice?
2016-9-22
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

DJI?
What torque settings are used?
2016-9-27
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

send a pm to DJI-jami
2016-9-27
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2016-9-27 11:40
send a pm to DJI-jami

Thanks Ricci, it does not appear to be possible to PM a moderator, at least not that I could find, unless you know a trick that I was unable to find. Thanks!
2016-10-5
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

ricci2 Posted at 2016-9-27 18:40
send a pm to DJI-jami

Greetings Shawn,

if you haven't use this link then do so and setup a user and password.. they answer most things here within a few days.
One step closer the beating heart.

r
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Unfortunately a list of torque settings is not available. You would just want to ensure that the screws are still tight after 50 flights or more than 20 hours of flight time. I know that it's not exact, but they don't need to be tighened to the point of being potentially stripped. As long as they feel secure, you're fine.
2016-10-5
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-5 15:11
Unfortunately a list of torque settings is not available. You would just want to ensure that the scr ...

What about items such as motor/blade angles? When I look at the M600, I see that the motors are canted different directions depending on if they're CCW or CW, if I replace an arm or motor, what angle should I set?

Many of us using the M600 are for commercial use, and if we're subject to auditing or FAA inspections, we need published maintenance and inspection procedures. When will DJI provide these? Does DJI simply tighten parts when manufacturing and refurbishing? There are no settings?
Thanks
2016-10-6
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

DJI,
Still looking for some type of answer. You cant tell me that DJI just "tightens" screws to an arbitrary "good enough," before shipping out. What sort of quality control is that? You put torque stripes on blades, but there is no set torque?
2016-11-16
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

Shawn,
I'm setting up a maintenance organisation now for over 1 year for the firm I'm working for. Being a retired officier of the RNLA, former Postholder 145/147/Maint in a unit operating, maintaining and instruction different UAV-systems, time is no issue for me.

Giving up the discussion with DJI about Preventive Maintenance Plans, torquevalues, Mean Time Between Failure etcetc. I'm no using my own directions.
The Dutch government only give directions for the operator of drones, not for a maintenance organisation. Only one line is mentioned: the operator has to maintain his system.

In our Operational Manual we use MEL's for each different system, just using our experiance of flying drones in the militairy. The OM is reviewed by the government (IL&T). But we don't have it for every system we use yet.
I have a PMP for the different DJI systems, partly using the Maintenance Manual (if available) and partly looking for Airworthiness items.
I'm also using Assembly Manuals and Assembly&Configuration Checklists for the systems witch are going to be inspected by the NLR to get a IL&T-licence.

As no torquevalue is recommended, I tighten the screws by hand and use a marker, so you can check if the screws still are tightened (preflightcheck).

Koos
2017-2-3
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
United States

uavsolutionsmai Posted at 2017-2-3 06:15
Shawn,
I'm setting up a maintenance organisation now for over 1 year for the firm I'm working for. Being a retired officier of the RNLA, former Postholder 145/147/Maint in a unit operating, maintaining and instruction different UAV-systems, time is no issue for me.

I'm on the same quest as you it appears. Trying to establish and find mean time between failures, PMPs, MELs, Ops Manuals, everything else you're doing. It has proven difficult when you consider what DJI produces.
I understand the sensitive nature of the work you've done and the proprietary stance, but if you ever consider sharing, it would be great to see how you went about these items.
Thanks, fly safe.
2017-2-3
Use props
uavsolutionsmai
lvl.3
Netherlands

shawn_ Posted at 2017-2-3 07:43
I'm on the same quest as you it appears. Trying to establish and find mean time between failures, PMPs, MELs, Ops Manuals, everything else you're doing. It has proven difficult when you consider what DJI produces.
I understand the sensitive nature of the work you've done and the proprietary stance, but if you ever consider sharing, it would be great to see how you went about these items.
Thanks, fly safe.

Send me your emailadress and I see want I can do. Most documents are firmprotected, so not for sharing.

But is is a good thing to talk with somebody with the same quest!
2017-2-3
Use props
fans50bb079f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7375 ft
United States

hey guys, we've encountered an issue with the tops of the prop bolts shearing off of one of our  m600 work birds.  The stripes were still aligned, no overtightening, checked for looseness/tightness during each post flight.  This bird has more flights than or other birds,  maintenance is meticulous.  Anyone else had this occur yet? And of course like everyone else we have questions concerning a torque value for our in-house maintenance program.
2018-3-10
Use props
nealmontgomery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399754 ft
United States

Hello everyone.  I procured a torque driver (torque-controlled screw driver) and have found that a torque setting of [b]43.0 ounce-inches (oz.-in.) or 30.36 N-cm (303.6 N-mm)[b] matches factory torque setting.
Considering the lack of DJI-supplied exact torque specifications, this is the setting as it existed for my M600 Pro, new-in-the-box from the factory.  As is the case with Shawn- "Don't drone me bro" I am developing a commercial sUAS Maintenance Program in case the FAA ever has any questions.  At the torque value specified previously, the props and upper gang plate are secure, with enough resistance to prevent lead/lag problems, allowing the props to be folded for stowage and transport.

If anyone has different technical specifications, I would love to hear about it.
2019-2-17
Use props
podos
lvl.2

Canada

Wow this is an old thread, don't know if this will be of any use to anybody but I also had a problem where a screw head of a propeller broke during flight. After chatting with DJI they sent me these values:

However, after hundreds of hours of flights we have determined that most screws break on brand new propellers (tighter ones). It seems that older and looser propellers are better. The torque setting given by DJI did not make any difference as the problem is still occurring. Anybody aware of stronger screws we could use to replace those?

This is one of the worst design feature I have ever seen and could easily be rectified by DJI if they provided more assistance to the M600 users.
2019-12-5
Use props
nealmontgomery
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399754 ft
United States

podos Posted at 2019-12-5 15:09
Wow this is an old thread, don't know if this will be of any use to anybody but I also had a problem where a screw head of a propeller broke during flight. After chatting with DJI they sent me these values:
[view_image]
However, after hundreds of hours of flights we have determined that most screws break on brand new propellers (tighter ones). It seems that older and looser propellers are better. The torque setting given by DJI did not make any difference as the problem is still occurring. Anybody aware of stronger screws we could use to replace those?

Thanks, PODOS,for forwarding DJI's "almost-official" specification!   3.0 Kg-cm torque value correlates closely with the 43 oz-in value that I found on my new M600.

Thanks for offering something we can work with.

a quick google showed (I'm sure you've seen it) that grade 8 or grade 12 (imp vs metric) are medium carbon steel alloy (quenched and tempered, but I don't know, without further research, if those would be too brittle.
2021-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules