DJI Go app crashing too many times
1721 19 2016-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bojtren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9132841 ft
North Macedonia

I fly with Phantom more than a year. (Before I fly with P2V+) With him I use Samsung Tab 4, 7 inches. Until recently I had no problems. But a few months ago they started with application problems. At the beginning rarely crash, but then more and more frequently. In recent weeks I got about 3 crashes during a flight with one battery. This is simply impossible to fly.
I make factory reset several times, and install only Go app. But same problems continue.
Android ver> 4.4.2.

When I use a headset, Go app on tablet crashes but on headset I still had a picture with telemetry.

Is there a solution for this problem with Go APP???

2016-9-19
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

maybe as the GO app is updated and modified for the newer quads and features it may be getting more than the tab can run well.
every update uses more resources and memory to run

like an older pc can run programs great that were from the time is was new but when a new version is instlled it may not work or run all functions.
pretty normal in computer stuff... new outgrows the old.
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello bojtren, agree with Kirk, would you mind changing another mobile device to have a test. Before flying, please cool down device, turn off all other background programs, and please pay attention to environment and temperature around.
2016-9-19
Use props
rcmusic35
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212762 ft
France

Maybe Check your tablet SD card. i had one that was faulty and made the app crashed.
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As the GO app gets updated, it may take more processing power to run correctly.
Here's a list of the DJI recommended devices.

OS Version v2.9.2.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.9.1.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-9-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-20 19:32
As the GO app gets updated, it may take more processing power to run correctly.
Here's a list of the ...

Great, I now see the iPad Mini 2 is no longer recommended. Does this mean the tablet I bought less than 5 months ago is now defunct?

Why does the App need more processing power, it worked fine with my Phantom 3 before. You've added features for other products that have a negative effect on existing users.

DJI should be very careful, we can't all afford to constantly update our tablets and phones for features that only work on new products. Maybe you should have different apps for different product ranges instead of trying to squeeze everything into 1 generic app.
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-21 02:41
Great, I now see the iPad Mini 2 is no longer recommended. Does this mean the tablet I bought less ...

I had an iPad 2 and several months ago it no longer worked and I had to get an iPad Air.
2016-9-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-20 20:29
I had an iPad 2 and several months ago it no longer worked and I had to get an iPad Air.

Scary, if my ipad mini 2 stops working with the dji app I will have to sell the Phantom, no way I can afford to invest anymore in to this hobby. Fingers crossed!
2016-9-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-21 04:14
Scary, if my ipad mini 2 stops working with the dji app I will have to sell the Phantom, no way I  ...

Do what I do when I need more money, work more hours or get a second job. Mans got to have his toys
2016-9-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-9-20 22:01
Do what I do when I need more money, work more hours or get a second job. Mans got to have his toy ...

Then I'll have no time to play with my toys. I think 60 hours a week is enough, I'll just get a cheaper toy, maybe I need a little karma in my life ;)

Seriously tho, there have been no new features added to my Phantom 3 Pro, yet they're telling me my tablet isn't powerful enough anymore. Why? Because the app has been bloated with features for other devices I don't own. The term "Planned obsolescence" comes to mind.

I would like a serious answer from DJI as to why the iPad Mini 2 is no longer suitable? And how often am I expected to upgrade? Every 3 months, 6 months ?

Sorry bojtren - hijacked your topic
2016-9-20
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-21 05:19
Then I'll have no time to play with my toys. I think 60 hours a week is enough, I'll just get a ch ...

60 hours a week????? I usually have 60 hours by Wednesday night??
2016-9-20
Use props
evanlodge1
lvl.1

Australia

I had the same issue. The app would crash causing the phone to restart. I switched the phone to aeroplanes mode and shut down all background apps. Yes you can still connect the wifi in aeroplane mode. Hope this helps.
2016-9-20
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-20 19:41
Great, I now see the iPad Mini 2 is no longer recommended. Does this mean the tablet I bought less ...

hi

am i missing something ? as your ipad mini 2 is listed as a recommended device straight after ipad air wifi/cellular (end of 1st line of paragraph)which in turn is followed by my device the ipad mini 2 wifi/cellular.

thanks
2016-9-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-21 02:44
hi

am i missing something ? as your ipad mini 2 is listed as a recommended device straight afte ...

You are right, and I'm stupid. I read that list 5 times and just couldn't see ipad 2 mini. Scare over, and I'll get back under my rock
2016-9-20
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-21 08:59
You are right, and I'm stupid. I read that list 5 times and just couldn't see ipad 2 mini. Scare o ...

Hi

Dont worry, i got worried myself when you mentioned about the ipad mini 2 not being a recommended device myself,but then saw the list of recommended devices above
2016-9-21
Use props
Holger4221
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-21
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Holger4221 Posted at 2016-9-21 14:34
Looks like your one of the older guys and not hip anymore. (If not, no offence!) Normally you shou ...

I'm from Generation X, not sure I was ever hip and certainly never a hip-ster. Once the Millennials have to go out and work for their gadgets, pay some bills, get a mortgage etc they'll change their story.
2016-9-21
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-21 08:59
You are right, and I'm stupid. I read that list 5 times and just couldn't see ipad 2 mini. Scare o ...

on a different note, are you using your ipad mini 2 on ios 10 with the latest dji go app 2.9.2 ?

im still on ios 9.3.5 with latest dji go app 2.9.2,don't want to have any issues by upgrading.

thanks
2016-9-21
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-21 22:50
on a different note, are you using your ipad mini 2 on ios 10 with the latest dji go app 2.9.2 ?

I'm on IOS 9.3.5 and DJI Go 2.9.1. Looks like I'm missing an update, but as it's only bloatware for the new Osmo so I won't bother yet.

It works so well at the moment I am very reluctant to ever update the app again. If it isn't broken don't fix it
2016-9-21
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-21 23:05
I'm on IOS 9.3.5 and DJI Go 2.9.1. Looks like I'm missing an update, but as it's only bloatware fo ...

agree with the if it ain't broken dont fix it method. the dji go app update 2.9.2 came out 18th september,few days ago,but have not noticed anything different,any added new features.Did not mean to update but forgot automatic updates was on lol.

i'll stick with ios 9.3.5 as its working well with 2.9.2 dji go app.
2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules