DJI, you just don't get it....
1937 17 2016-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

I have been a huge fan of DJI products ever since I bought my first Phantom onto my Inspire 1 and Ronin. Last year I ordered RED Digital Cinemas newest camera the Scarlet-W which had a 6 month wait from the time of order until allocation. In anticipation for my camera to ship, in February of this year, I purchased DJI's RED Cable (6 pin LEMO to D-Tap) and the Ronin Power Distributor to allow the RED to be powered via the Ronin's LIPO battery.
My camera finally was delivered in May of this year. As some other had received their camera prior to me, they confirmed that the DJI Red Cable and the Power Distributor did in fact work I wasn't worried. However, after attempting to use the combo on my brand new RED camera, I had no such success.

I contacted DJI to start the typical RMA process. I was asked a series of questions, asked to fill out some forms and eventually was told that since my purchase was months old, I would need to send it in for a repair as it's not eligible for a refund.

I sent in the combo cable and distributor and DJI took a few weeks to finally get back to me to basically say it works just fine on their older RED camera and sent me a photo showing it worked. Another week went by and I got the combo back in the mail. I tried using a brick battery to power the camera with the cable and no such luck.

I contacted DJI customer service AGAIN to tell them it's not working and I would like a refund and I was given the run around like I had never even sent in the unit for repair just a month prior. The RMA I was previously issued pulled up a non-related issue to someone other than me and I was asked to basically start all over again. After numerous complaints, sharing the entire previous email chain and videos and images of the issue I've experienced, I'm once again being told to just send it in for a repair.

WHAT the heck is going to be done this time that wasn't done last time? I've asked for a shipping label 5 times now from DJI and I keep being told by Amos the service representative to patiently wait. Are you kidding me?! How long does it take for a major global company to issue a shipping label? Why can't I just get my money back and move on?

DJI, you might have some amazing products and still hold a large market share on very innovative products but your service is absolutely deplorable and not the least bit user-friendly. I am close to just contacting American Express to have them fight the battle as I am not happy and not getting anywhere with your customer support.

If any DJI representative can assist it would be great.
Here is the issue:

2016-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry you are experiencing difficulties,scooterlam. Could you please provide me with the RMA number or case number? I'll help to look into it.
2016-9-19
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-20 09:44
Sorry you are experiencing difficulties,scooterlam. Could you please provide me with the RMA number  ...

Thank you,

Scott
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for you feed back. I'll bring this to the attention of our support team.
2016-9-19
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-20 10:23
Thanks for you feed back. I'll bring this to the attention of our support team.

Still haven't heard anything...I shipped it back to repairs again this week. I just want a refund and be done with this.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

scooterlam Posted at 2016-9-23 10:02
Still haven't heard anything...I shipped it back to repairs again this week. I just want a refund  ...

After received your product,our engineers will evaluate it first.
And will provide you an update after the evaluation.Thanks for you understanding.
2016-9-22
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-23 11:21
After received your product,our engineers will evaluate it first.
And will provide you an update a ...

I was given a coupon to purchase a new cable. I don't want a f'in new cable I want my money back and to never do business with your company again. The absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced from a company of this size. Policy over customer satisfaction.

2016-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

scooterlam Posted at 2016-9-24 00:48
I was given a coupon to purchase a new cable. I don't want a f'in new cable I want my money back a ...

Customer satisfaction is important to us! I'll escalate your case to our support team again.
2016-9-23
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

Don't feel bad.  I've been waiting almost 8 months now for my refund!   http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid469904
2016-9-26
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-9-27 00:55
Don't feel bad.  I've been waiting almost 8 months now for my refund!   http://forum.dji.com/forum.p ...

They're awful - They just keep telling me in broken English that they are looking into it and be patient. Then it's not possible to complete refund on this item.

Now I'm forced to keep something that doesn't work for me.

I just want my damn money back. DJI figure it out
2016-9-26
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2016-9-26 16:30
They're awful - They just keep telling me in broken English that they are looking into it and be p ...

I gave them about 2 weeks after they received my return before I contacted them.  They told me back then that they were overwhelmed with returns and exchanges after the holiday season and they were backed up.  It was about mid to late February at this point so I gave them the benefit of the doubt even though it still sounded bogus.  When I contacted them a week later I got the excuse that it was Chinese New Year.  I guess they're still celebrating 6 months later.....
2016-9-26
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-9-27 06:01
I gave them about 2 weeks after they received my return before I contacted them.  They told me bac ...

so what have you done since then? 6 months? I would have called my credit card company and said see ya DJI
2016-9-27
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2016-9-27 11:04
so what have you done since then? 6 months? I would have called my credit card company and said se ...

By now it's about 8 months.  I spoke to support again yesterday and was promised that they'd escalate my situation and that they'd respond to me in 24-48 hours.  At this point they are into about hour 33 of their self imposed 48 hour window.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

scooterlam Posted at 2016-9-27 04:30
They're awful - They just keep telling me in broken English that they are looking into it and be p ...

According to our after sales policy, it's not available for a refund.
If you have any further query, you could contact our tech support.Thanks for your understanding.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-9-28 07:55
By now it's about 8 months.  I spoke to support again yesterday and was promised that they'd escal ...

I have brought the issue to the attention of our support team.
If you still experience difficulties, please feel free to let me know.
2016-9-27
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-28 11:37
According to our after sales policy, it's not available for a refund.
If you have any further quer ...

Companies with stellar customer service often break policy to make customers happy thus makes them want to purchase from you again. You have lost me as a customer for good for this very reason over a $250 purchase/return dispute.

Bye DJI
2016-9-28
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2016-9-28 15:27
Companies with stellar customer service often break policy to make customers happy thus makes them ...

I was told on September 30 that my refund was completed and that I should expect my money within 2 days.  I didn't receive anything and on October 7 I replied back saying that I still have not received it.

It is now October 10 and I contacted them again and get the same BS answer.  I get told that "they will look into it and respond back to me within 24 hours."  The agent always says they will look into the matter personally and email me.

I don't want an email.  I just want my damn money back!!
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules