"Customer satisfaction is our top priority." Ha, that's funny.
2192 39 2016-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justbabs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354081 ft
United States

Got this DJI Damage Assessment Wed. 9/14/16 at 6:42 pm, presumably Pacific time.  Still haven't received the invoice, even though it should be a warranty issue, but that's for another time.  How many American hours are there in a Chinese hour?

Dear DJI Customer,

Your Phantom 3 professional has been evaluated by our repair team. Click the following link to view the following assessment: REPAIR PROGRESS INQUIRY. An invoice for repairs will be sent to your email address within 24 hours.

Please note this is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority. We are committed to providing the best aerial photography and camera stabilization solutions along with high-quality customer service. Thank you for choosing DJI!

Best Regards,

DJI Support

2016-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please provide me with the case number? I'll help to look into your case.
2016-9-19
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-20 10:09
Could you please provide me with the case number? I'll help to l ...

CRM:0524000000348
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, it should be like " CAS-XXXXXX-XXXXXX", please double check it, thanks
2016-9-20
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-20 19:55
Hello sir, it should be like " CAS-XXXXXX-XXXXXX", please double check it, thanks

CAS-241089-Z3W8H8
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ok, thanks.
2016-9-20
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

dji support has actually been very helpfull to me, although 24 hours usually means 48
2016-9-20
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

Bilzc10 Posted at 2016-9-21 10:14
dji support has actually been very helpfull to me, although 24 hours usually means 48

Many people have had positive experiences.  For some reason, for me it's always a hassle.  Getting tired of it.  Great products, less than great customer service.
2016-9-21
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United Kingdom

I am starting to fell the same as you buddy{:4_142:}
2016-9-21
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

justbabs Posted at 2016-9-21 19:31
Many people have had positive experiences.  For some reason, for me it's always a hassle.  Getting ...

+1 here also.
2016-9-21
Use props
Holger4221
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-21
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

yeah buddy  for the amount of time i have been told that  they looking in to it, you would thing they do ( or maybe they misled they glasses ){:4_142:}
2016-9-21
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

This is the email got from them regarding my P3P.  At first they wanted to charge me over $500 for repairs. I told them it should be covered under warranty.  Conveniently they can't read the flight records.  In the email it states they "are unable to retrieve the data and have exhausted all options."  One option would be to read the flights records I have.  I offered to send them the flight records for the flight when it crashed.  Still haven't heard back.  Is it any wonder I'm using an Autel X-star premium for my avatar?

I have been working closely with the flight log analysis team very closely on this for you.  I have been informed that we are not able to retrieve flight log information via sync from the DJI GO App.  The aircraft's flight data record was damaged and cannot be read unfortunately.

Ultimately we are unable to retrieve the data and have exhausted all options.  We want to provide the best solution for you however we are unable to confirm if the aircraft malfunctioned in any way.

We would like to assist the best we can, I was able to approve a 30% discount for the current invoice amount.

You will be receiving this modified invoice shortly today, if you would like to move forward with repairs, simply follow the instructions on the invoice.

I do thank you for your continued patience in this matter.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
2016-9-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

justbabs Posted at 2016-9-22 09:35
This is the email got from them regarding my P3P.  At first they wanted to charge me over $500 for r ...

Not too surprising, they want to be able to read flight records direct from the aircraft or those sent to the Go Ap, not ones that may have been tampered with by the aircraft owner. I am not saying you have or would do that, but I am certain that will be their reasoning. Anorther reason why they now encrypt the records.
2016-9-21
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-22 07:57
Not too surprising, they want to be able to read flight records direct from the aircraft or those s ...

They said they couldn't retrieve them from the GO app.  Not sure I gave them the right log in information as I sit here and think about it.  Will call them tomorrow.
2016-9-21
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

justbabs Posted at 2016-9-21 20:01
They said they couldn't retrieve them from the GO app.  Not sure I gave them the right log in info ...

Sometimes calling them is best.
2016-9-21
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

When  i ring them they say is not much they can do but look in to it

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

I am hereby happy to inform you about the result of the analysis: As described by the pilot, his home point was jumped to a place which is about 1.2km far away from the original home point.The drone fly to the wrong point after
pilot required go home in the app.
Warranty is suggested.

If you are willing to proceed please let us know, we would then like to create a pick up ticket in order to send back all you have left from the craft we can then send out a complete new one.

Thank you for choosing DJI

Well what do guys think  i told them that i am getting older by the day i dont know how long will it take it would have been quicker for me to drive there i think {:4_142:}
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

justbabs Posted at 2016-9-22 07:35
This is the email got from them regarding my P3P.  At first they wanted to charge me over $500 for r ...

Hi, did you fly using DJI Go or 3rd party apps when the accident happened?  Are you able to replay the flight record yourself in DJI Go?
2016-9-22
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi I flew for 4 days With  no problem as i fly rc plane and hely and  syma drones (just to get the feel as what to expect when i by a £750 DJI phantom 3 advanced)  i know about rc flying.and yes i was using DJI GO official app and yes i can replay the last flight in DJI GO app and it show quite clearly after 30 second in flight it changed i to a new home point,so when i press the RH 2 min later  it just went to a new point that it created  1.2 km away towards  the forest and lost the drone never to find after 3 day search involving family and friends but i am glad it dint damage or injured  any one.  Is all clear i even have the video taken from another phone as it plays the last flight on the  DJI GO app and to add to injury DJI have admitted(see above email 4 days ago) it was not pilot error and want to replace my drone under warranty plus compensation of course  but i have hade no communication since That s is so disrespectful and there is no need for it
Gutted absolutely gutted Giuseppe
2016-9-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Young Old Timer Posted at 2016-9-22 10:29
Hi I flew for 4 days With  no problem as i fly rc plane and hely and  syma drones (just to get the f ...

So you asked them to proceed and you are now waiting for a returns label ?
2016-9-22
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes Buddy 3 days ago no communication from them! but i email them every day and ring every day
here the reply email from 3 days ago you be the judge Thanks

casasaroli Monday at 09:17
YES i new i wright it was not my fault,but it dose happen and you people a DJI are famous for customer support i am impress at you communication and professionalism so lets go head and replace my drone.
Please go head and do a pick up ticket and i will send the original box plus charger plus radio to you,but you need to be aware of a few things.
From a Health and Safety point i still need to know WHY it happen as i dont want a repeat as to what happen because i find it quite stressful and time consuming especially when me and friends and family spend hours and hours looking for the fly away drone
Is not fair on me,and some compensation maybe is in order a upgrade aircraft would be appreciated.
Could you please make sure the new drone is up to the latest update and check it by you technician as i dont want a repeat of what happen for my SAFETY sake and the PUBLIC as i could have been sued over this incident!
Lets not forget i need and want to know WHY it created a new home point in flight with out my input for Safety Sake and peace of mind.
So lets go ahead and resolve this matters ASAP in Anticipation Giuseppe {:4_142:}
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Young Old Timer Posted at 2016-9-22 17:29
Hi I flew for 4 days With  no problem as i fly rc plane and hely and  syma drones (just to get the f ...

Hi, I was asking OP on 18#.

In your case, I saw that DJI agreed to exchange your drone for a new one.  Is the issue here the waiting time?  Do you mean DJI has not contacted you for four days after you consent to allow courier pick up the remains of the the drone?
2016-9-22
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-22 16:54
Hi, did you fly using DJI Go or 3rd party apps when the accident happened?  Are you able to replay  ...

I only use DJI Go app.  I can replay the short 34 sec flight on the app.  When Marshall and I spoke, he asked for my Go app sync information.  I drive for a living and didn't have the correct information on me.  The correct information was included on the Global Technician Support Form sent in with the unit.
2016-9-22
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes DJI Thorn you  absolutely right no contact watsever for days nothing just getting old waiting for it. Sorry OP dint realize he was asking you
2016-9-22
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

Maybe I'm missing something here but DJI has agreed to send you a brand new bird and admitted it was NOT pilot error? I'd be thrilled as heck.  
2016-9-22
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

yeah Rex i am trilled ok 3 days is a long time to send me a return label be  quicker if i walk there the way is going at moment
2016-9-22
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

Young Old Timer Posted at 2016-9-22 07:27
yeah Rex i am trilled ok 3 days is a long time to send me a return label be  quicker if i walk there ...

I get it Young Old Timer, took me a month to get stripe stickers DJI forgot to put on when I sent it in for repair.
2016-9-22
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

Young Old Timer Posted at 2016-9-22 20:09
Yes DJI Thorn you  absolutely right no contact watsever for days nothing just getting old waiting fo ...

It's all good.  If you get some sort of help from DJI because of it, then I'm more than happy.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

justbabs Posted at 2016-9-22 19:29
I only use DJI Go app.  I can replay the short 34 sec flight on the app.  When Marshall and I spok ...

Hi, that is strange, in DJI Go, next to your flight record, there should be a cloud icon when your flight record is synced.  I'll log your case, and try to recover the flight log.

Also, in your phone/tablet that installed DJI Go, there should be a file named "flight record", if for some reason we still can't see your synced your flight record, you can offer to send that file through email to DJI so we can look into it.  Just connect your device to computer,  and you should find it, or use iTunes in the case you're using iOS device.

You should be contacted  by one of my colleagues again soon.

2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Young Old Timer Posted at 2016-9-22 20:09
Yes DJI Thorn you  absolutely right no contact watsever for days nothing just getting old waiting fo ...

Hi, can you reply me your RMA number?  I'll request them to speed this up.
2016-9-22
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor just to let you know my last flight record is in the cloud DJI technician already have that (that was last week) anyway i finally go the return label and i am posting what left ( Box/transmitter/charger/spare propellers but no drone as it flew away to DJI) and my case number is  CAS-255319-R3X9W0 so now we see how long this is going to take before i get a new drone back hopefully with a upgraded one  for the what i had to go trough {:4_142:}
2016-9-22
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-23 12:05
Hi, that is strange, in DJI Go, next to your flight record, there should be a cloud icon when your  ...

I have copied the flight records to my computer several times.  I'm familiar with the procedure as I have posted the record of the incident for others to examine.  I have also offered to send it to DJI.  I spoke with a rep yesterday, and advised him to try looking up my synced flight records using the email on the DJI Global Technical Support Form that was sent in with the unit.
2016-9-23
Use props
msGvUWZcPeHQ
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-20 10:09
Could you please provide me with the case number? I'll help to l ...

she will never do, check my last post
2016-9-23
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

I'm happy to report that once DJI finally used the email I provided on the DJI Global Technical Support Form sent in with the unit, they determined the unit spiraled out of control for no reason.  It took a few days and several emails, but I eventually got thru to DJI that they had the wrong sign on info to access my synced flight records.  i'm not quite sure why it always takes several attempts to get things done, but it finally got done.

This is the email I received from them today.

We do have the finalized results of the flight log analysis.

It was detected that the aircraft spun in a counter-clockwise direction without any obstructions in the vicinity.  The team theorizes that the data shows the possibility of a failed Motor or ESC or the likelihood of a propeller that detached.

Your repair will move forward under warranty coverage.  I have ensured that your repair has been moved forward.

Thank you again for working so closely on this issue with me.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email or contact DJI North America Support at 818-235-0789.

Best Regards,

Marshall

2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

justbabs Posted at 2016-9-24 08:17
I'm happy to report that once DJI finally used the email I provided on the DJI Global Technical Supp ...

Glad to know that. Sorry about the unpleasant experience, we'll keep improving our service.
2016-9-25
Use props
justbabs
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-26 10:51
Glad to know that. Sorry about the unpleasant experience, we'll keep improving our service.

The service has gotten better, but still has a long way to go to be even satisfactory.  
2016-9-28
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dream on.I am still waiting a confirmation that shows UPS delivered my drone to them 2 days ago
Maybe there are to busy promoting there new Drone to which i got email as soon as came out. Strange enough there good at selling but awfully at   support {:4_142:}
2016-9-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Young Old Timer Posted at 2016-9-28 19:44
Dream on.I am still waiting a confirmation that shows UPS delivered my drone to them 2 days ago
May ...

Hello Young Old Timer, please wait patiently, we are working on your case, thanks.
2016-9-28
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

And Orderly yes mam
2016-9-28
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ups delivered package to them 3 days ago and i just go email to say they not received can you BELIEVE who are this people that i am dealing with  {:4_154:}
2016-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules