Wish List
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

I wish we could turn the camera off and on via app.
Not start and stop.
Have you felt how much power they consume?
2016-9-19
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I've got no idea how much power they consume, but what would you do with out the camera? Just fly around with no fpv? Get a cheap quad with out a camera.?
2016-9-20
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

The whole point of a Phantom is the FPV, that's why most bought it. So no, powering down the camera (FPV) is not an option I would want or use. And I doubt anyone else would say otherwise. If I want to fly VLOS only and don't need the FPV, I don't look at it. Would think power consumption is min.
2016-9-20
Use props
Jake X380 & P3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I wish I could get on eBay without waiting 2-3 minutes for their ads to load.
2016-9-20
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

I wish for a comprehensive DJI GO app user manual - and an explanation of what each device is when listed in the FW update log
2016-9-20
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

"The whole point of a Phantom is the FPV, that's why most bought it."
Yes and no.
Many fly Litchi missions.
Do they really want video of the whole mission ?
Or maybe they only want video of targets along the way.
I can't help but wonder how much the flight time would increase if the camera were turned off .
2016-9-20
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-20 23:29
The whole point of a Phantom is the FPV, that's why most bought it. So no, powering down the camera  ...

agree with wmcvey/Matt and Riley, the phantom is a camera platform. And i like everyone else i know who has purchased a phantom is for this exact same reason. If i wanted a quad without a camera/fpv i would have just brought a cheap £50 quadcopter to fly in my local park/field.

The power consumption of the camera is minimal to say the least,you can and are able to take of the camera/gimbal and fly just the same without the camera/fpv if you really wanted to but would make no sesnse as to why you pucrhased a p3 in the first place.

But with that being said as the fw downgrades/updates are done by inserting the sd card with the fw.bin file on into the side of the gimbal any future fw downgrading/updating could be an issue in itself unless fw version can be installed by connecting the AC to your pc/mac by the usb port on the AC which in my case is located on the front of my p3 pro, not sure which p3 you have as the location/placement may differ on the p3 advanced/4k/standard or even if they have a usb port

Thanks
2016-9-20
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

My one wish is that DJI would sell larger batteries for the p3 just as the they have done with the inspire 1 with the tb47/48.

Im not sure why DJI have not done this as of yet, a trick to make you buy more batteries ? who knows. But i like many others are having max distance limited due to the battery size.
2016-9-20
Use props
Tanel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291056 ft
Estonia

I hope one day the 500m altitude from home point would be lifted....
2016-9-21
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Tanel Posted at 2016-9-21 08:18
I hope one day the 500m altitude from home point would be lifted....

Here in the US that's over 4x the limit we're not to go above, and personal i'd be scared to take it that high. Not sure why, as I go out 2000m horizontal.
2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules