1257 7 2015-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david.spencer.b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, is there anyway to check how many sats are on the inspire. In the dji tutoril "how to fly" it shows the number of satalites but in my app it just says safe to fly. It might be a daft question but I just want to make sure everything is right before i fly it.

2015-1-31
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

David I can only speak for the iOS Pilot App and I can't find it there. I assume that the reference to the available number is a function of the user interface because something that resembles a satellite count is available when I am flying using FPV glasses/goggles using the controller's HDMI output. I don't know if I should assume accuracy based on that, but I do have very controlled hover at all times.  If it is any help to you, I often get a number of at least 10 through the FPV view at the same time the Pilot App is telling me it is safe to fly with high bar count in that little graphic at the top of the screen.  It's typical to see around 7 or more in my location in tighter spaces near obstrutions. Does the fact that I often see twice that number with this receiver while out in the open sound realistic to you?  Other people report a wide range of experience when it comes to this.  I personally have had no loss of signal flying in my current environment. Hold the phone mate. It's saturday and I get to play so I'm going to walk outside and test this.

Dan
2015-1-31
Use props
david.spencer.b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers pal, just seems more likeable when I know how many sats I have lol.
2015-1-31
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

david.spencer.b Posted at 2015-1-31 22:11
Cheers pal, just seems more likeable when I know how many sats I have lol.

I agree with you. Also I'd like to see the location because it matters. Of course I don't expect location on what we are using.  I'm out in the wide open spaces at fairly high altitude with no obstructions.  

Just for fun I am going to try using a very good GPS receiver that shows both location and number of satellites and see if I can verify if what I'm seeing through the HDMI FPV function is in sync with that.  I want to see how it corresponds to the bars in the iOS Pilot App.  Get back to you soon...
2015-1-31
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Well lets just hope DJI can see fit to add it back into a future update. As it use to be there......

Mike
2015-1-31
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

DJI needs to change the dumb tablet display (safe to fly ) with the number of sats locked !
I see they are changing the props and attaching method to a previous design that's proven already , it will be on the new inspires looks like . Can you say , I should have waited for version 2+ inspire at a reduced price coming in a few months ...... Reminds me of my first phantom 1.0
2015-1-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love to see it come back.. it was in there before.
2015-1-31
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

i would love to see this and errors being reported to the in flight logs so you know what is causing the drops on gps comass errors or lose of satallites
2015-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules