Osmo vs. Osmo+ vs Osmo Mobile - which one to buy
2567 1 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrustratedOsmoM
lvl.1

United States

I'm in a bit of a bind atm. I received a defective Osmo Mobile and I'm currently waiting fo DJI support to send me a shipping label so I can return the unit. I'll be getting a refund and not a replacement because a) they notified me they don't have any replacements to send out for the foreseeable future and b) I'm traveliing to New York in exactly 3 weeks from Cyprus, Europe and need some sort of stabilization solution for a video project there. That limits my options to:
a) Buy the original Osmo off the shelf in shops in Cyprus (currently 660euro/736usd!)
b) Hope the Osmo Mobile is released to retailers in the USA in 3 weeks and buy it from B&H in New York.
c) Order the Osmo+ and hope there's not as much of a backlog as the Osmo Mobile and it arrives in 3 weeks.

The Osmo Mobile would have been the perfect solution for me as I'd be pairing it with the S7 Edge which has an amazing camera but unsure of what to do in light of DJI's logistical ineptitude.  In three weeks time the GoPro stabilizer will also be released, that's one more option DJI has given me the luxury of considering.

Any thoughts? What would you guys do?
2016-9-21
Use props
userc2f3482696
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3529009 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I asked the dji dealer in cyprus and told me that this friday (tomorrow) or monday the osmo mobile it will be here..! I like the idea of getting your osmo camera updated every time a new phone comes out! And phones today have amazing cameras!  
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules