No Camera Feed Or Control
5452 12 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tjgroundcontrol
lvl.1

United States

I am unable to see what my camera sees through my mobile device, and I have no camera controls accessible in the DJI Go app. The buttons are greyed out. I have uninstalled the DJI Go app and reinstalled it and the problem still exists. I am also getting a "No Signal" message at the top of the screen but have control of the aircraft. I am being told that there is strong interference when I am in the middle of nowhere there should be no interference. I have flown here before without isssue. Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this issue?
2016-9-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

When you initially fire up the system does the aircraft camera  go through the normal dance sequence ?  This is an Inpire 1 with the X3 camera correct with One controller ?
Do you have Control of the Aircraft ?  Can you start the motors for example .  In the header you say No control but in the Post its says you have contol ?  

If you have No contol of the Aircraft that would indicate the NO SIGNAL  , that would tell me you updated the RC and Not The AC   

Did this happen immediately after an update or anything ?  
On the top of the screen  next to DJI logo far left ,  where it would usually say "SAFE TO FLY "  OR "DISCONNECTED '  what does it say ?  

Do you have a good cable from the Go App to the RC ?  A good way to check is to go to Remote Control Tab on the GO app of you can see the "Master"  " Slave"   'Off"   options page then you have a good connection between the RC and The Go app Device .

Go to the 'about " tab under general settings and are you up to date on the Camera, Aircraft, RC ?  could you please list them.  AC, RC, Camera, Go App version

I need more infomation and clarifiacation .  The Go app "About " page is crucial and did this occur after an update ?

donnie  

2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

On top of Donnie's questions, what mobile device are you using? Does your device provide some sort of indication that the RC is connected via USB? What color is the LED on the RC?
2016-9-21
Use props
tjgroundcontrol
lvl.1

United States

The start-up of the camera is normal. And it goes through its usual tests. The motors turn on and the aircraft can be controlled with the remote. The problem started after an update to the remote control. Where it would say "safe to fly" or "disconnected," the message "no signal" is appearing. The cable that is connecting the device to the aircraft is in good working order. My Samsung LG-G3 recognizes the connection and operation on that end of things is normal until I open up the app. When I open up the app, and I'm in the HUD view, the Menu for the camera is completely inert, and grayed out. I cannot switch from camera to video  and there is no function on the camera side of the menu what-so-ever. There is also no visual display from the camera. The remote control is set to master. When the RC and the AC are powered on the light on the remote is solid green The firmware is of the following:

App - 2.9.1
Version - 1.9.1.30
Camera - N/A (more than likely the issue)
Remote - 1.7.4.0

I hope this information is helpful and I greatly appreciate your Insight.
2016-9-22
Use props
tjgroundcontrol
lvl.1

United States

Possibly Fixed:

While restarting the aircraft without the SD card  mounted, I seem to have found a fix for this issue. While the aircraft was powered off, I removed the Micro-SD card. Then I powered up the AC. Once the initialization sequence completed, control over the camera seems to have reinitialized. Then I remounted the  Micro-SD card while the aircraft was powered on. This allowed the Micro-SD card to be recognized by the aircraft. Then I powered the aircraft down. After a few seconds I powered aircraft backup and control over the camera has apparently been regained. I am also able to see my video feed  through the app. I will not know if this is a permanent fix for sure until I'm able to test this in the field, but for now it seems to have fixed the issue. I will post an update after I test in the field.
2016-9-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

tjgroundcontrol Posted at 2016-9-23 00:33
Possibly Fixed:

While restarting the aircraft without the SD card  mounted, I seem to have found a  ...

The only thing that could have happened is the AC was trying to update but the SD card was corrupted.  I would make sure the SD card is Formatted ( wiped clean ) before reinserting it.

This SD card ( causing all the symptoms )  makes no sense, it should not give the No Signal Etc.  BUT if it works, so be it .

good luck

doinnie
2016-9-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tjgroundcontrol Posted at 2016-9-23 13:33
Possibly Fixed:

While restarting the aircraft without the SD card  mounted, I seem to have found a  ...

Good to hear you were able to get yourself up and running. Just to clarify, is this the stock SD card that came with the aircraft or is it another aftermarket card?
2016-9-23
Use props
tjgroundcontrol
lvl.1

United States

The Micro-SD card in the aircraft is the stock SD card. All of my firmware versions appear as follows:

App: 2.9.1
Version 1.9.1.30
Camera 1.8.1.00
RC 1.7.40

After multiple tests in the field, everything seems to be in good working order. Hopefully this post helps anyone else who's having a similar problem.
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tjgroundcontrol Posted at 2016-9-24 23:19
The Micro-SD card in the aircraft is the stock SD card. All of my firmware versions appear as follow ...

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if the issue comes back.
2016-9-24
Use props
jibcam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1805928 ft
Argentina

I am having the same issue after upgrading, still could not solve it, any suggestion please ? Rc are linked , leds green , usb cable ok, firmware version are the same as tjgroundcontrol, the strange thing is that it worked well at first but suddenly lost video feed and , NO SIGNAL and camera controls....
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jibcam@gmail.co Posted at 2016-9-25 07:45
I am having the same issue after upgrading, still could not solve it, any suggestion please ? Rc are ...

Could you confirm what firmware you have on your unit? Try resetting your RC with the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and relink the remote.

2016-9-24
Use props
jibcam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1805928 ft
Argentina

App      2.9.1
Version AC 1.9.1.30+(+??)
camera N/A
RC 1.7.40

Camera X3 is dead, the back cooler is not spining
2016-9-24