Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
After the big crash - then what?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

My P3A is now 1-1/2 years old and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm so confident that I finally bought a second battery for it and with carefull handling, I hope to enjoy it much longer.
That said, have you seen the new ad for the GoPro Karma? It's quite a pkg, sans camera of course, but multi-platform included in a nice backpack. I guess GoPro has emerged from their comfort zone now that a million UAV's no longer need their cameras.
What to do next after that catistrophic event that no one wats to think about? It's not like I have a workbench full of DJI parts. I could go any direction in this hobby.
Maybe the DJI Mavic will suck the wind from the GoPro sails. Your thoughts?
2016-9-21
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

This is just becoming spam now, come on DJI start enforcing your forum rules
2016-9-21
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

"Maybe the DJI Mavic will suck the wind from the GoPro sails. Your thoughts? "
That depends on the price points.
Karma does look like a solution for active people life.
Where as my Phantom is an extension of my R/C airplane days.
2016-9-21
Use props
roymoon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143901 ft
United States

Karma no GoPro $799
With GoPro $1099
2016-9-21
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-9-22 01:15
This is just becoming spam now, come on DJI start enforcing your forum rules

Sorry my friend, I didn't mean to offend. I enjoy others weighing in on their notions so I was just giving them a chance.
I was disappointed that my simple YouTube link was displayed as a full page ad. You can thank YouTube for that.
I did delete the link when I saw it. No spam intended - believe me.
2016-9-21
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-9-21 21:53
Sorry my friend, I didn't mean to offend. I enjoy others weighing in on their notions so I was jus ...

No worries, it was more a dig at DJI than you personally. They are very selective about what rules they enforce, post what you want but don't dare criticise Casey Nazistat - lol

2016-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Bring on the DJI racing drones, with more power. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-9-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

roymoon Posted at 2016-9-21 18:24
Karma no GoPro $799
With GoPro $1099

Or a P4 for $1199, the Karma will need to be a better specification than it is I think.
2016-9-21
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

It doesn't have the distance...about 3200 ft. But since the last FW 1.09 update, I don't have the distance I once had! Tell us what you know DJI-Ken. Is the next FW update going to address this shortened range, or will I have to keep kicking myself in the butt for updating to the V 1.09.
2016-9-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Frankly I don't think the Karma is in the same cartegory as the Phantom 4. With a standard GoPro on it, it still has that godawful fisheye look and does not offer as many photographic options as even the P3P or P4. It is another selfie-drone, with all that entails. And if a selfie-drone is what you want, then the Mavic will do that for you too.

Too little, too late and aimed at the self-obsessed crowd.
2016-9-21
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-22 07:12
Frankly I don't think the Karma is in the same cartegory as the Phantom 4. With a standard GoPro on  ...

I was no photographer or even an RC enthusiast, but I have been really impressed by DJI since the first day I received my P3A a year and a half ago. It survived the only mishap I had the first month of ownership - my fault entirely. Guess that makes me a fan of DJI.
I have no need for a larger UAV, but a smaller one with all the amenities would be great if I was forced to update.
BTW: 360 avoidance would be nice on a smaller platform. And it would be great if the props would stay out of the video - always.
The rectilinear lens used by DJI is definitely a must. That was a game changer.
2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules