Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Hi there,

my Inspire is stuck in transport mode.

I "accidentaly" upgraded the RC first and now it cant get the inspire to move up and out of transport mode.

My problem is: i dont know what firmware version the aircraft has and i can only downgrade the RC
from 1.7.4 to 1.5.8 or 1.6

With the latest firmware (1.7.4) on the RC it gets telemetrie data from the aircraft but it cannot exit transport mode and the gimbal does not work when connected

I think the aircraft has an older firmware.

Halp please, any ideas?

2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try downgrading to 1.5.8 first, since 1.6 and 1.7 are usable with the last 2 aircraft firmware updates. Let me know if the issue persists.
2016-9-21
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-21 22:42
Try downgrading to 1.5.8 first, since 1.6 and 1.7 are usable with the last 2 aircraft firmware updat ...

Sorry i did not provide with that info.

I downgraded to 1.58 and 1.6 already and i dont get connection to
the aircraft with that versions.
The RC does not downgrade from an usb drive with an older version as well.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Midi Posted at 2016-9-22 04:50
Sorry i did not provide with that info.

I downgraded to 1.58 and 1.6 already and i dont get connec ...

Without knowing what the aircraft firmware is, it's a little difficult to know which RC firmware you need. The oldest firmware that we have on the website is 1.3:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... rev1.3.0.00__en.zip

If you put the 1.3 file on an SD card adapter and connect it to the RC (make sure the SD card only has the .bin file on it), try the following button combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the ISO wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any fingers, and turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.

Let me know if you notice any changes.
2016-9-21
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-21 23:09
Without knowing what the aircraft firmware is, it's a little difficult to know which RC firmware yo ...

Doing what you wrote gives me this result:

====================
Packet: /mnt/usb/C1_FW_V01.04.0030.bin,
Result: Aborted
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

Will test with other versions but it seems that the RC wont downgrade to an older version.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Midi Posted at 2016-9-22 05:45

Hi,Midi ,could you please check your current RC firmware version?
2016-9-21
Use props
Midi
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-22 14:25
Hi,Midi ,could you please check your current RC firmware version?

Good morning,

currcent version is 1.7.4, which gives me at least telemetry.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Midi Posted at 2016-9-22 15:37
Good morning,

currcent version is 1.7.4, which gives me at least telemetry.

Good morning.
Please try to downgrade the RC version to 1.5.80 and then try to re-link the RC with aircraft.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-22 16:04
Good morning.
Please try to downgrade the RC version to 1.5.80 and then try to re-link the RC with ...

Hi Mindy, he's already on 1.5.8 and that is still too new of firmware to link with the aircraft. That was established in post #3
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Midi Posted at 2016-9-22 05:45

Since that method did not work, unfortunately there won't be much we can do with the RC at this time. While it may be odd, this means that you should try updating the aircraft while it's in travel mode. You will need to prop up the aircraft's landing gears off the ground so that there is enough clearance underneath the unit to connect the camera. Keep the RC off while you're updating.

Once the aircraft is updated, you can go back to 1.7 on the RC and the two will link again. Please let me know if this helps.
2016-9-22
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-22 19:02
Since that method did not work, unfortunately there won't be much we can do with the RC at this ti ...

{:4_177:}

It works again!

Downgraded to 1.5.8 on the RC and rebinded with the craft (that part i never tried before). Craft reacted and got it out of transport mode. Updated to latest fw on the craft and than rc.

...just in time for the shooting tomorrow.

/me puts a virtual keg of aeronautic beer of excellence on the table.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Midi Posted at 2016-9-23 01:37
It works again!

Downgraded to 1.5.8 on the RC and rebinded  ...

Good to hear you're up and running in time, assuming you attempted to relink was errant on my part. Happy flying!
2016-9-22
Use props
austheywood
lvl.1

United States

Hi there I'm having a similar issue with one major difference. My AC is also currently stuck in travel mode (constant blue light), the gimbal is unresponsive and my RC is not connecting. Here's the weird part though, I mistakenly began upgrading the firmware on the RC first, but just before that upgrade was finished the iphone6 connected to the RC died. It had 20% battery left but is an older phone and lately has been dying randomly like that. Ever since that, the DJI Go app detects my RC as a Phantom 4 RC, which it is not, and it has never detected it that way before. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app several times, I've updated the phone to IOS 10,  but it still detects the RC as a Phantom 4. So I can enter camera view (the gimbal and camera are not actually on the AC) on the Phantom 4 menu, and when I go into the aircraft status when connected it says firmware upgrade required. It will download the firmware, but it will not actually upgrade the RC. It stays on 0% and beeps for a while, the remote indicator light is blue, but eventually it always says upgrade failed. I have attempted to use a usb card reader to go right into the RC with nothing on the mini sd but the bin file (I've tried all available versions for the Inspire 1 currently on the DJI site) and I get no response at all on the RC.  Any ideas on what I can do? Why does the DJI GO app think my controller is suddenly a Phantom 4 controller? This is driving me crazy. Any help would be so appreciated!!
2016-9-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

austheywood@gma Posted at 2016-9-25 09:43
Hi there I'm having a similar issue with one major difference. My AC is also currently stuck in trav ...

Even though the main screen would show a P4, would you still see master/slave options in the RC? Try the following button combination to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.
2016-9-24
Use props
austheywood
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-25 10:47
Even though the main screen would show a P4, would you still see master/slave options in the RC? T ...

Resetting the RC this way, should I hear some kind of beeping? Should the light change from the light blue color its stuck on now? I've tried it several times, with no luck. Any other thing I can try to reset the controller? Also currently in the app when I try to check current firmware its says unknown, probably because it thinks its a P4 controller.  
2016-9-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

austheywood@gma Posted at 2016-9-26 02:29
Resetting the RC this way, should I hear some kind of beeping? Should the light change from the li ...

That button combination does not produce a specific audio queue. If it's reset, it should change to either a solid red indicating it's not connected to an aircraft. Just to clarify, is the LED on the RC still blue? The aircraft was off when you performed the RC reset, correct?
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

austheywood@gma Posted at 2016-9-26 02:29
Resetting the RC this way, should I hear some kind of beeping? Should the light change from the li ...

Since you have your own thread on this as well, we will continue the correspondence there.
2016-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules