Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justyc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1869469 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Hey all you awesome cats out there.

I have a conundrum and was wondering if the hive of DJI could help me out?

I'm currently in the process of becoming CAA certified and writing the dreaded ops manual, so i'm fine tuning my workflow so that what I do and what I've written tally up. Very important that, especially in times of audit.

Anyways, I would like to be able to digitally import flight log data either via email or other such new fankle wizardry to a template i already have (albeit slightly tweeked) on my mac.

Can this be done? will one of you accept the call to arms? Answers on a postcard please.

I have a hob nob biscuit here on my desk which i will gladly put forward as reward.

Many thanks

J
2016-9-21
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
Spain

The DJI flight log is almost impossible to parse without some inside knowledge. You can get the logs as a txt file from DJI Go using iTunes for iOS and upload then to Healthy Drones from where you can download them as a csv file which I guess you could map to your template. On the other hand you could change your  Ops Manual so that you store your records on line including battery charges, projects, maintenance etc in an app such as Drone Logbook :-)

If you don't use DJI GO then alternative flight apps often allow a direct extract of csv files which you could map to your template. Some also provide a direct automated upload to Drone Logbook.
2016-9-22
Use props
justyc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul S Posted at 2016-9-22 13:44
The DJI flight log is almost impossible to parse without some inside knowledge. You can get the logs ...

Paul S! you are officially now listed in my book of legends. Muchas Gracias amigo.

Had a look at Drone logbook, it looks the muts nuts. I did notice though that they have a banner on they're website stating that due DJI structure change they recommend auto flight logic. How deep does the well go? is this really required? i am seriously considering drone logbook as an option but also weary that i could be opening a can of worms with multiple software workflow.

many thanks again.

J
2016-9-22
Use props
jcborden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

justyc Posted at 2016-9-22 22:40
Paul S! you are officially now listed in my book of legends. Muchas Gracias amigo.

Had a look at  ...

I did start using Dronelogbook, but came across the import issue. It's a shame as I generally find the interface much easier on the eye than HealthDrones.

Having said that, HealthyDrones is easier to get the logs into as they have an iOS app called HD Sync which connects to your DJI account and uploads logs from there, so can all be done directly from your iPhone/iPad which I find much easier.

HealthyDrones also provides more information and good battery information, although if you want the full monty you would have to pay $6.99 per month which you may consider worthwhile (this will also store the last 600 rather than 50 flights vs the free account).
2016-9-23
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Spain

justyc Posted at 2016-9-22 23:40

Had a look at  ...

I heard from Drone Logbook developers that they are increasing their efforts to fix the parsing issue. I am continuing with them as I have over a years operations management with them and I can live with the upload and download to Healthy drones to get the csv file to upload to Dronelogbook.

The benefits to me are not in the additional info around batteries etc (which I get anyway using the upload/download workflow) but in the overall operations management I get from Drone Logbook. And, since it is in my Ops Manual as accepted by the CAA I really don't want to change it just yet... :-)
2016-9-27
Use props
justyc
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul S Posted at 2016-9-27 17:29
I heard from Drone Logbook developers that they are increasing their efforts to fix the parsing is ...

Good to know that there is potentially a fix in the pipeline. Totally get the loyalty factor and i would do the same if i were in your shoes. I'm at the other end of the spectrum where i need to lock in my workflow to be CAA approved.
I have been informed recently that CAA will approve a simple work flow such as screen shots of DJI go. On the face of it that sounds great! yet when that thought sinks in you realise that its pretty impractical and not ideal for scaling up. I think DLB could have a new customer in the coming days
2016-9-27
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Spain

justyc Posted at 2016-9-28 01:41
Good to know that there is potentially a fix in the pipeline. Totally get the loyalty factor and i ...

Just heard from Drone Logbook - The DJI parser to upload direct from the DJI txt flight records is fixed:-)
2016-10-4
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Spain

jcborden Posted at 2016-9-23 13:43
I did start using Dronelogbook, but came across the import issue. It's a shame as I generally find ...

Just heard from Drone Logbook, the DJI import parser is now fixed :-)
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules