Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile and iPhone 6s Balance Issue
7650 16 2016-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31932 ft
United States

I just received my Osmo Mobile today. I can't get my iPhone 6s to balance unless I slide the phone partly out of the mounting clamp. Has anyone else observed this? This is without a case on the phone.
2016-9-21
Use props
CiaranMcGrenera
lvl.1

Ireland

Had the same issue with a standard iphone 6 today. tried again when I got home from work, this time on the floor.

Turns out my work desk wasnt flat enough! It worked just fine when I balanced it on the floor.
2016-9-21
Use props
skay
lvl.1
United States

CiaranMcGrenera Posted at 2016-9-21 18:53
Had the same issue with a standard iphone 6 today. tried again when I got home from work, this time  ...

I had it installed in the base. I will try again, before boxing it up to return for replacement. The gimbal vibrates at certain angles.
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

skay Posted at 2016-9-22 07:31
I had it installed in the base. I will try again, before boxing it up to return for replacement. T ...

I guess you see there's a knob on the gimbal that can adjust balance with the phone?

If it doesn't balance still, please contact support.us@dji.com to send it in for an exchange. Thank you.
2016-9-21
Use props
The Slop
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem with an iPhone 6s i've got to slide it away from the base rubber to get it to balance.
I've calibrated the head several times and made sure the phone is aligned properly.

I've never had a DJI product before so I don't know whether it's me or not but I was under the impression that the gimbal would keep the phone pointing in the direction of the handle i.e facing forwards.
Do I need to steer the phone with the joystick or should the head follow where i'm pointing the handle because mine does not it seems to have a mind of it's own.
I hope this makes sense because it's hard to describe what is actually happening.
2016-9-21
Use props
skay
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-22 03:21
I guess you see there's a knob on the gimbal that can adjust balance with the phone?

If it doesn ...

I'm certainly aware of the adjustment knob and slide. It won't balance even with the slide fully retracted. I'm already sending in back due to vibration of the gimbal.
2016-9-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

The Slop Posted at 2016-9-22 03:43
I'm having the same problem with an iPhone 6s i've got to slide it away from the base rubber to get  ...

Hi, that is not normally. Please contact support.eu@dji.com to send it in for an exchange.

If it works for you now, you can play with it and send it in when you decide to put it aside for a while.
2016-9-22
Use props
anonymtbrev
New

Estonia

I am having the same problem with a iPhone 6 non-plus (and iPhone 5).

The adjustment knob is fully retracted, but this is the result:

DJI-Thor: What seems to be the problem? Milling of the adjustment track? It seems to lack at least 3 or 4 mm.
2016-10-13
Use props
jscott5554
lvl.1

I have a xperia z5 prem  with case. and had to add a counter weight  to balance it.   I start with quarters to get the grams right  about 17 gr.  then  fashioned a brass  rectangle block, which  is held in place with double back tape  I do metal casting as a hobby.   My unit was pulling  to he right.   
2016-10-13
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Strange - my iphone 6s worked quite well even before I balanced it and even better after I did.

It doesn't have to be balanced perfectly when it is off - there is a gimbal roll adjustment in the settings.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

anonymtbrev Posted at 2016-10-13 23:34
I am having the same problem with a iPhone 6 non-plus (and iPhone 5).

The adjustment knob is fully  ...

Sorry about it, please email support.eu@dji.com to send it in for an exchange. Thank you.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

jscott5554 Posted at 2016-10-14 06:41
I have a xperia z5 prem  with case. and had to add a counter weight  to balance it.   I start with q ...

Hi, I believe your unit is defective, you shouldn't need any counterweight to balance it. You can email support@dji.com to send it back for a replacement whenever you feel convenient. Takes about two weeks. Thank you.
2016-10-14
Use props
fansbf196b50
New

United States

I have the same problem but my product was shipped to Hong Kong.  The Chinese support team here made me send it back and cover the shipping costs myself.  Very unreasonable when they were shipping a defective product.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans0fe14fb5
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 6. However, with my daughters iPhone 6s she has a case and it balances correctly but not without the case.

Please watch the following video as even DJI shows the iPhone partial out from the mounting bracket:

2017-5-13
Use props
fans0fe14fb5
lvl.1
United States

fans0fe14fb5 Posted at 2017-5-13 19:09
I am having the same issue with my iPhone 6. However, with my daughters iPhone 6s she has a case and it balances correctly but not without the case.

Please watch the following video as even DJI shows the iPhone partial out from the mounting bracket:

Additionally, the manual indicates sliding the phone to the left if the the gimbal tilts to the right.

Page: 7 -https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... e+User+Manual+V1.2+(EN).pdf[/url]
2017-5-13
Use props
djiuser_5D8ZoU4h1kEg
New

Italy

The Slop Posted at 2016-9-21 23:43
I'm having the same problem with an iPhone 6s i've got to slide it away from the base rubber to get it to balance.
I've calibrated the head several times and made sure the phone is aligned properly.

How did you solve?
2020-1-7
Use props
djiuser_5D8ZoU4h1kEg
New

Italy

The Slop Posted at 2016-9-21 23:43

How did you solve?
2020-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules